Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 270494 times)

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic Colors announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2010, 11:42:59 am »
It is a good name! But I still say that "Sonic Rainbow" would be better! ^___^
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2010, 11:45:46 am »
 I'm glad to say that I have no issues with the title.

Sonikku Karaazu :afroman:

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2010, 11:49:59 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"
 Sonic Rings, Sonic Knight, Sonic Wolf... all 3 shit games! But this new one is looking cool!! I'm loving the colors 8-)

I hope they don't mess with the controls again. I want to control Sonic by myself.

I really must repeat these sentiments, the control for the previous Sonic games on the Wii specific I have felt seriously dented the gameplay.

However, looks like it would boost some good visuals for the Wii, say what you will about the quality of NiGHTS or Sonic and the Secret Rings, bad graphics was never one of it's flaws.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2010, 12:19:39 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Quote from: "STORM!"
 Sonic Rings, Sonic Knight, Sonic Wolf... all 3 shit games! But this new one is looking cool!! I'm loving the colors 8-)

I hope they don't mess with the controls again. I want to control Sonic by myself.

I really must repeat these sentiments, the control for the previous Sonic games on the Wii specific I have felt seriously dented the gameplay.

However, looks like it would boost some good visuals for the Wii, say what you will about the quality of NiGHTS or Sonic and the Secret Rings, bad graphics was never one of it's flaws.

The biggest problem was that they were on rail... the onrail ones felt weird and unresponsive and not what I'm used too...
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2010, 12:40:38 pm »
Sonic and the Black Knight felt like Sonic of the Dead.

Not really, but on-rails makes me think of that...

I'm hoping for a standard controller option. I may get a Wii this year, but I'd prefer to play this game as I have every other Sonic game and not jumping about moving my arms (I'm lazy).

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2010, 01:19:55 pm »
I always liked the thrusting motion when doing a homing attack.

Anyway, I took the scans that were done and upscaled them so you could make out more detail. You can even read a bit of the writing. Sounds like Sonic turns into a fireball with the aliens red energy.

Is it just me, or does thins look like a recycled game? The Wii version is Unleashed without the Werehog and the DS version is is Sonic Rush all over again. They're using some of the same recources it looks like.

Here's the upscaled scans. I'll just add links as to not make the forums image heavy.

http://i48.tinypic.com/xpc9kn.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/wkid60.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/316p9uu.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/9s77e1.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2lwud13.jpg (Still can't make out what this is.)
http://i49.tinypic.com/b651jr.jpg (Damn Rush rockets return.)
http://i49.tinypic.com/ngcbh4.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/6nwcuq.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/1572ctd.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/awepg7.png (Mmmmmm....donuts.)
http://i46.tinypic.com/jrcfna.jpg
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Sharky

« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2010, 01:35:49 pm »
Just as much as Sonic and Knuckles was a rehash of Sonic 3 or Sonic Rush 2 was a rehash of Sonic Rush... I think the correct term is 'Sequal' ;p

No i dont see anything re-hashy about it...
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2010, 01:54:47 pm »
I'm actually very happy to see Sonic Team returning to elements of a previous game rather than hitting the big red REBOOT button. Playing Wii Unleashed and then Colors seems to be much more of a direct sequel than Heroes, Shadow and '06 ever were. Of course, the difference is that Heroes, Shadow and '06 were better off being scrapped and started from scratch for the next game. Unleashed, however, had done a lot of things right and deserved to be retooled for the next game.

My hope is that in 2011 we get a game that takes what worked in the HD Unleashed and improves on what didn't work.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2010, 03:15:32 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Just as much as Sonic and Knuckles was a rehash of Sonic 3 or Sonic Rush 2 was a rehash of Sonic Rush... I think the correct term is 'Sequal' ;p

No i dont see anything re-hashy about it...

I'm not saying it's a re-hash, more that they are using the best materials from their older games to make a new game. Basically saving them time and money on new models and such.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2010, 04:03:25 pm »
I'm hoping to see a level with some blue skies eventually, although I can see Sonic grinding past a burger in one of those screenshots. Was hoping the badniks though would at least have been well, badniks and not the Eggman Pawns the series has been stuck with since Sonic Heroes.

With it being announced playable at E3, I expect to see a trailer there. Be interesting to see how they've moved on with the Sonic Unleashed gameplay and how much more attention is given to platforming.

*Scratches chin*

Also Shigs, you wouldn't happen to be... Robbie from GAF would you?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2010, 04:24:09 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
I'm actually very happy to see Sonic Team returning to elements of a previous game rather than hitting the big red REBOOT button. Playing Wii Unleashed and then Colors seems to be much more of a direct sequel than Heroes, Shadow and '06 ever were. Of course, the difference is that Heroes, Shadow and '06 were better off being scrapped and started from scratch for the next game. Unleashed, however, had done a lot of things right and deserved to be retooled for the next game.

My hope is that in 2011 we get a game that takes what worked in the HD Unleashed and improves on what didn't work.

I disagree, Sonic 06 was designed to be Sonic Adventure 3 and Shadow the Hedgehog had tons of art designed around Sonic Adventure 2 locations. I mean, look at Adventure 1 and 2, not only are they greatly different from one another, but they are not much like the Genesis games either.

As for the general optimism for Sonic Colors, I agree. I just will never like the title or that there is a level full of pastries. What is this? A Mario game?

Also, I hate how the two games are going to have the same title again even though they are largely different games. At least add a subtitle to one of them, better yet change both titles to be something different.

[spoiler:1t5zg0gf]And why make Shitty Rush 3 when everyone would prefer something closer to Sonic the Hedgehog 4 on DS?[/spoiler:1t5zg0gf]

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2010, 05:35:56 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
As for the general optimism for Sonic Colors, I agree. I just will never like the title or that there is a level full of pastries. What is this? A Mario game?

Don't you remember? Sonic is just a blue Mario anyway....

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2010, 05:59:26 pm »
I believe pastry level was the only thing Sonic hasn't done, so you can't blame him for that. Silicone Implant Zone would bring an M rating.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2010, 06:06:50 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

In the Sonic Advance games that everyone bangs on about being the best Sonic games for years there was a level dedicated to music and it was just as off the wall as this pastries level...

Blue Fast Mario... that is.

And why make Shitty Rush 3 when everyone would prefer something closer to Sonic the Hedgehog 4 on DS?
Everyone?... Theres plenty of people that enjoyed Sonic Rush. My cousins kids think its fantastic and I really liked the first one.

We are already getting Sonic 4 on basically every other console.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2010, 06:12:28 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

In the Sonic Advance games that everyone bangs on about being the best Sonic games for years there was a level dedicated to music and it was just as off the wall as this pastries level...

Blue Fast Mario... that is.

And why make Shitty Rush 3 when everyone would prefer something closer to Sonic the Hedgehog 4 on DS?
Everyone?... Theres plenty of people that enjoyed Sonic Rush. My cousins kids think its fantastic and I really liked the first one.

We are already getting Sonic 4 on basically every other console.

Nice job. Sonic Advance 2 is easily the worst in the Advance series.

The music level while wacky and stupid, was based on Ristar. What is Sonic's pastry level based on? Zool?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: