Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 225816 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Sonic Colours announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #780 on: November 13, 2010, 04:24:05 pm »
People still go to Destructoid? geez..

Now I only read Gamespot's and Gamefly's user reviews. Users always know best.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #781 on: November 13, 2010, 05:47:02 pm »
I kinda guessed it would be a low score, based on his tweets alone.

But he likes controversy, he also pretty much runs Call of Duty: Black Ops into the ground with a 6/10, when nobody in their right mind would dare give the game anything below 7.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #782 on: November 13, 2010, 06:32:13 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Users always know best.

I agree. If I had to choose between critic and user reviews I would definitely go with the users.

...I really wish I had a Wii so I could play this incredible game.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline matty

• http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #783 on: November 13, 2010, 07:19:42 pm »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
Quote from: "crackdude"
Users always know best.

I agree. If I had to choose between critic and user reviews I would definitely go with the users.
I usually tend to go with my own judgment from my own personal experience and then take other people's recommendations into consideration when it comes to games. I know, it's crazy, but that's just how I roll!

Actually, I was pretty optimistic about Colors - and I still am, just a bit more cautious. I not a Sonic fan in the first place, but this was appealing to me, more so than S4, at least.
If the Hollywood Video near me didn't close down, though, I would have given it a rent.

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #784 on: November 13, 2010, 08:38:31 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
I kinda guessed it would be a low score, based on his tweets alone.

But he likes controversy, he also pretty much runs Call of Duty: Black Ops into the ground with a 6/10, when nobody in their right mind would dare give the game anything below 7.
Well, he did give Deadly Premonition a 10/10 while saying that "This game is so bad, it's not just become good. It's pretty close to perfect.".
I guess the best thing is to completely ignore his reviews.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #785 on: November 13, 2010, 08:39:04 pm »
So Destructions paid troll Jim Sterling gave this game 4.5/10.... great

After completing Sonic Colours myself (around 12 hours) and now working on collecting all of the Red Rings I just hope to god Sega takes no note of such ****ing terrible reviews.

Sonic Colours isn’t perfect, if I was to nit pick I could find niggles, the game doesn’t lend itself to back tracking for example, some levels have to many bottomless pits and in later levels check points are a bit to few and far between. That kind of thing.

But the great thing about this game outweighs the bad 10 to 1.

The gameplay is very fun, Playing as Sonic alone is fun, the wisps add a level of exploration and replay-ability never seen in Sonic games before. The music is great the graphics are probably the best on the Wii. The camera works the best of any 3D Sonic game to date. While some jokes are clearly aimed at a younger audience, some are genuinely funny. Sonic, Tails, Robotnik and his two Robots actually have personality again... Instead of just shoehorned in following hollow clichéd personalities they were given a decade ago. The rather crappy hub worlds have been replaced with an over world map like Sonic Adventure 2. The story focuses on Sonic vs Robotnik again. No monsters, time travel or mythical beasts!

Pretty much everything I've hated about Sonic games in the past decade has gone. There is still a cheesy vocal track in the opening cut scene that the game could do with out...

So yeah, to say I think Destructoid is wrong would be an understatment. I think it is flat out trolling. It is like they closed their eyes and pointed to generic complaints in 'Reviewing a Sonic Game 101' handbook and then went with it, complaints that probably would have discribed most recent Sonic games... But not Sonic Colours.
Made by SEGA

Offline matty

• http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #786 on: November 14, 2010, 01:37:15 am »
Quote from: "ezodagrom"
Well, he did give Deadly Premonition a 10/10 while saying that "This game is so bad, it's not just become good. It's pretty close to perfect.".
I guess the best thing is to completely ignore his reviews.
But...but Deadly Premonition is that great.  :|

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #787 on: November 14, 2010, 05:14:54 am »
I think this game is fun, therefor, it's impossible for someone else to think the game is crap.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #788 on: November 14, 2010, 12:35:50 pm »
Bloody awesome game. The graphics are staggering for a Wii game  (most prob the bets looking game to date on the system) Big Levels filled with such vivid design and imagination (even in the background there's plenty to see and admire)  the Music is simply brilliant and the best of all the game is brilliant fun to play; Just like the old Sonic Pick up and play and the whole game designed around Sonic, no silly extra characters will silly gimmicks

Best Platform game I've played this generation after Mario Galaxy . Love to see an improved version ported to the 360 and PS3
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #789 on: November 14, 2010, 02:00:20 pm »
Any Sonic Adventure 2 lovers out there think this one tops it?
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #790 on: November 14, 2010, 02:37:42 pm »
I am not a sonic adventure 2 lover, but did think it was the best 3d sonic game before sonic colors. Which didn't really say much since even with that title I thought it was a decent game at most.

I got all emblems for sonic adventure 2. Invested a lot of time in chao's  and A ranked every single mission in the game. At that time I never went on forums and youtube was still not available. Internet just kind of sucked back than, so unlocking green hill zone after all that hastle was a big surprise.

Sonic colors tops it easily though :p. I might start it up one of these days just to see how it holds up now. Maybe in an hour :p.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #791 on: November 14, 2010, 03:49:22 pm »
wow
4.5 /10 ?
I thought the gametraielrs review would be the most 'harsh' one.

Offline Ben

« Reply #792 on: November 14, 2010, 08:33:37 pm »
I'd love to see chaos make a comeback in a Sonic game. I think that's all that Unleashed was missing. Unleashed 360 was one of my favorite 3D Sonics ever, despite the lack of replay value due to those medals.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #793 on: November 14, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »
Well, I've got all the red rings and unlocked
[spoiler:2i9x83i6]Super Sonic playable in all levels, he cant use wisps though which adds a lot to your final score so if you were thinking about using Super Sonic as an easy way to get all S ranks on each level think again![/spoiler:2i9x83i6]
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #794 on: November 14, 2010, 09:03:50 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
I am not a sonic adventure 2 lover, but did think it was the best 3d sonic game before sonic colors. Which didn't really say much since even with that title I thought it was a decent game at most.

I got all emblems for sonic adventure 2. Invested a lot of time in chao's  and A ranked every single mission in the game. At that time I never went on forums and youtube was still not available. Internet just kind of sucked back than, so unlocking green hill zone after all that hastle was a big surprise.

Sonic colors tops it easily though :p. I might start it up one of these days just to see how it holds up now. Maybe in an hour :p.
SonicA2 was released in 2001. The internet did not suck at that time. There were already great BBS. What are you talking about!

Back then I thought SA2 was bloody amazing. I had never seen anything as frantic, fast and beautiful before. Then there were the chaos..

I just don't see Colors having a bigger impact on me than SA2.. I could be wrong though. Would be cool if I am..
SEG4GES