Author Topic: Kojima ending relationship with Konami  (Read 20568 times)

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Re: Kojima ending relationship with Konami
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 08:39:02 am »
Yes, Metal Gear. Not a new Metal Gear Solid. Not only does MSV leaves the game at the start of Metal Gear, but they SPECIFICALLY used 'Metal Gear' as a name in the press release. Why not say Metal Gear Solid... Tho it could be side games like Revengence. But let's be honest, Metal Gear remake is coming... there is no other reason for Konami to change the voice of Big Boss in V outside of planning a reunion in the remake...
Could also be that Solid Snake will be in MGSV. Remember that it takes place after he was born (though he would still be a kid at that point).

And like you said: could also mean that they're making more side games. And at the very least, Metal Gear Rising 2 is looking pretty likely.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 09:26:54 am »
He did? Explain..

He's pretty damn mean to his fanbase, like most of the time I see him being talked about it's another wacky shenanigan involving him being extremely transparent or trying to insult people through his games.

Most I've seen, he pretty much resents Konami for continuing the Metal Gear series and his other projects not being as popular, though I can't blame him for it, honestly.

Every Metal Gear game after the first Solid has been trying to end the series in more and more obtuse ways, and it's obviously backfired.

I might be biased because I just don't really like Kojima that much, I think he's really pompous and most of his projects overly-pretentious.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 11:18:09 am »
He's pretty damn mean to his fanbase, like most of the time I see him being talked about it's another wacky shenanigan involving him being extremely transparent or trying to insult people through his games.

Most I've seen, he pretty much resents Konami for continuing the Metal Gear series and his other projects not being as popular, though I can't blame him for it, honestly.

Every Metal Gear game after the first Solid has been trying to end the series in more and more obtuse ways, and it's obviously backfired.

I might be biased because I just don't really like Kojima that much, I think he's really pompous and most of his projects overly-pretentious.
Thanks. I didnt know any of that. The fanbase overall seems to be pretty satisfied overall I think? The worst thing that caught my attention was ground zeroes as a demo sold at retail price. But many ate that up too :\

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 11:06:37 am »
I basically think Konami will milk MGS games till they lose all the audience then move on to mobile, then fail and leave games all together

SEGA and Konami are now more or less the same , Quite sad to see whats happened to these corps .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 11:13:28 am »

SEGA and Konami are now more or less the same , Quite sad to see whats happened to these corps .
It's even more sad considering how many IPs each of them have under their belts.  Konami with Hudson, and SEGA with Atlus respectively.

I just wish their Japanese development studios would release more games.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 04:37:18 pm »
Konami will pull a capcom and allow their franchises to go to western developers and not work out. See

and Capcom

I think Capcom has had the the worse with a full team of people moving on and finding success (Platinum Games) and Inafune doing Mighty No.9.

While Yuji Naka and other characters at SEGA have had a hard time finding a market.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 09:37:26 am »
I think Capcom has had the the worse with a full team of people moving on and finding success (Platinum Games) and Inafune doing Mighty No.9.

I can't think of many "big name" developers that are still at the studios that they made a name for themselves at.
Shigeru Miyamoto, Yuji Hori and Toshihiro Nagoshi at Nintendo, SquareEnix and SEGA respectively, are three of the few that pop into mind.

Think of any of your favourite Japanese franchises, and most of the creators have gone indie.

Hironobu Sakaguchi left SquareEnix (Final Fantasy)
Koji Igarashi left Konami (Castlevania)
Yuji Naka left SEGA (Sonic/NiGHTs/etc...)
Tetsuya Mizuguchi left SEGA (Space Channel 5, Rez)
Shinji Mikami left Capcom (Resident Evil, God Hand)
Hideki Kamiya left Capcom (Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Devil May Cry)
Keji Inafune left Capcom (Mega Man)

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 08:54:07 pm »
Eh, Keji Inafune always gets more credit than he deserves. He made games happen, but he wasn't very involved creatively aside from early on.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:56:38 pm by TimmiT »

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 10:46:38 pm »
I am the only one who think that Tetsuya Mizuguchi is slightly...overestimated?...
I mean he did good games yes but i think he is not even close to developers like Naka or Suzuki.
My point is that he was good but i dont think that his resignation was a very big loss for SEGA back in the day.

Offline George

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 12:15:16 am »
I personally liked his game but speaking in terms of sales numbers, yes, losing Mizuguchi wasn't a big deal for SEGA. Space Channel 5 was actually promoted well and failed, Rez wasn't so much but was a cult hit.

But both those games paled in comparison to his SEGA Rally title. Tho I would say he did better without SEGA seeing how Lumines was a hit and worked with Sora on Meteos (which is nice).

Though yeah, compared to Naka he wasn't as big due to his catalogue. Tho compared to everyone else, will anyone at SEGA ever be on the same level as Suzuki? Dude is a hit making machine.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 01:50:10 am »
He did? Explain..

Publicly humiliating the orginal team behind MG Rising and making them apologise was nothing more then work placed bullying and he should of got called out on it. Then there's the amount of franchies at Konami he's killed stated above - I would inclued Metal Gear in that as it's become a complete joke story wise for me.

Offline George

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 03:10:47 am »
When did he publicly humiliate the team and force them to apologize? I agree that the story is crazy but it was sorta always out there.

Offline Tad

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 03:40:14 am »
When did he publicly humiliate the team and force them to apologize? I agree that the story is crazy but it was sorta always out there.

It was during one of the events when he announced Platinum Games were taking over as developers. He made them create a video with them all apologising for not being good enough etc.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:41:45 am by Tad »

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 12:35:46 pm »
Assumptions sure are nice

Offline Tad

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »
Expect it's not an asummption. You can find it on YouTube. It's a really difficult watch.