Author Topic: East vs. West: Gaming in screen.  (Read 18923 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: East vs. West: Gaming in screen.
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 03:55:50 pm »
This thread confuses me. That's why I read it but never post in it.

What points are trying to be made? (general question, not just directed at the above post)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 04:14:31 pm »

Japanese Style

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
This thread confuses me. That's why I read it but never post in it.

What points are trying to be made? (general question, not just directed at the above post)

Basically Eastside is saying that everything sucks and we are all not true Sega fans because we don't hate everything after the year 2000.

Also if a game has Red and Blue in the same frame, then it's made by Nagoshi, because nobody else can do that apparantly.

So Halo then

Halo has Red and Blue in it. Therefore it is made by Nagoshi and has true Japan Sega style DNA Hardcore Niche balls up the arse.

Also heres a quote from an MSN conversation

Halo is the best sega game ever

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Irrefutable evidence that Halo is the best Sega game ever made, and nothing will ever top it.
Along with this evidence is a handgun and 100 rounds of untracable ammunition to be used as you see fit. You have been given Carte Blanche, any investigation will be dropped immediately when the bullets are recovered, you are above the law.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2010, 05:02:22 pm »
Halo is true SEGA DNA. Mademan made an expert analyze.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2010, 06:27:50 pm »
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2010, 09:37:51 pm »
Japan needs to look from great developers like IO interactive:

ORIGINAL AND UNIQUE.

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:46 pm »
Go read the Official Playstation Magazine preview of Vanquish like i just did.

You would think they were taking right from my posts in writing it; all the comments about style, east vs west, the gameplay being frenetic, putting you in a groove and zone state of mind. Distinctions from western 3ps. The feelings the director wanted to evoke, etc.

I'm not saying anything far out it's just that its out of your conceptions so you guys get all insecure and idiotic since mainstream gaming is symptomatic of a failed and underachieved life characterized by personal insecurity, denial, and intensely defensive behavior.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 11:51:07 pm »
More proof that Halo is fine art

I think many artists create because they want to express their own interpretation on things. With Halo we wanted to do it our way, but even then it was more of self expression rather than a way to purposefully differentiate from the crop. Ultimately what ended up making the game what it is was a good sense of art direction and a good creative team.

We definitely have some of the greatest folks in the industry working on this series, which helps :). But I also believe what sets Halo apart is the whole package.

http://www.gamecritics.com/interview-wi ... i-kai-wang

Okay seriously East, you have to stop taking all this stuff so seriously. I think you really underappreciate the kind of work and love that goes into the games you bash and deride as 'casual' or 'soulless'.

Listen to some ODST music, you'll be impressed. It has a really brilliant soundtrack.

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 12:02:08 am »
I'm just settling on a difference in style preference with you and leaving it at that.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 12:10:41 am »
Quote from: "Sega Stylista"
I'm just settling on a difference in style preference with you and leaving it at that.

Thats fine with me, so long as you can appreciate that Halo and it's ilk do have their own style and identity, even if it's not to your personal tastes.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 05:08:54 am »
I remember playing This Is Football.. It was pretty weak..

Oh on the PS it was crap . On the PS2 the series was just something else . Really loved them onthe PS2 and thought they were better football games than either Pro or Fifa .

Of course all those games are stylized. . . what is stylized about Halo, CoD aor any of the generic western gun games? Nor, more to the point, are any of those games "gun" games by any stretch.

I'm seriously getting bored of this notion that a FPS or Gun game can't be Arty . Halo has some fantastic art and a quite beautiful  and stunning game to look at . COD sure it looks less arty, but there is a skill in making a world look believable, and modelling Guns and Characters well.

Half-Life EP II is a quite stunning game to look at , with some stunning scenery  and wide open spaces and  just beautiful landscapes and lighting  .

You ever played XIII ?. That can't be Arty can it , because its a Westeren FPS , even though it using Cel shading graphics through the entire game

Still MORE people got up out of their house, got a 'hardcore Dreamcast' machine and bought JSR in America. No arguments.

Yeah and for the Mega Drive too . GOD the Americans are the true real SEGA Hardcore , In your face Japanese*

* Waits for Mr Marketing man to hit back with comments from other forums to back up his case  , which is quite frankly laughable.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2010, 07:56:38 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
I remember playing This Is Football.. It was pretty weak..

Oh on the PS it was crap . On the PS2 the series was just something else . Really loved them onthe PS2 and thought they were better football games than either Pro or Fifa .

Aah, I need to try it then.. Maybe some of my PS2 buddies have the game.
SEG4GES

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 09:06:43 am »
What a waste of time thread... we already know that East does better  :afroman: