Author Topic: 3D SoR II, Sonic 2, and Gunstar Heroes announced!  (Read 19258 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: 3D SoR II, Sonic 2, and Gunstar Heroes announced!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 04:45:12 pm »
Yeah some of their early titles leave a lot to be desired but Outrun 3D is literally one of the best home releases for the game, if not THE BEST.

The 'New' 3DS XL is like 200 new usd (i dunno else where), so you can get the older models (that play all these games) for less than 150. I seen some used for 100 dollars. 2DS' are even cheaper (i think they retail for 120)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 06:12:26 pm »
How much are 3DS these days anyway?

Also how did Shinobi 3DS do? Bombed I suppose... Gameplay really awesome, graphics looked shockingly bad wish so much it had come out on PC or something instead.
These releases are set apart and well justified from the regular ones because of the 3d. The new 3ds enhances the 3d effect a lot So you have to pick between cheap original model or more expensive enhanced model.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 07:14:46 pm »
Thanks guys. I've never liked handheld consoles... But these are really awesome. Decisions, decisions...
Made by SEGA

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 09:08:35 pm »
These releases are set apart and well justified from the regular ones because of the 3d. The new 3ds enhances the 3d effect a lot So you have to pick between cheap original model or more expensive enhanced model.

You also have to buy the charging cable separately if you're getting the New3DS.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 10:36:32 pm »
You also have to buy the charging cable separately if you're getting the New3DS.
Lol yeah dont forget about that. I used to have a non genuine one ordered from ebay for like 2 euros. But when I got the n3ds i noticed that it charged really slow compared to the original. Just a heads up, the cheap knock offs dont charge as fast

It sucks that they wont do a 3 game bundle of some sort. I kind of want them all but a bundle discount would ve been a nice incentive

Offline George

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 11:51:33 pm »
According to GAF, Streets of Rage 2 3D will have a new single player storymode where you will use all the characters throughout the journey. Now, that is cool. I hope Adam is selectable after completing the game.

Can we give a round of applause for SEGA announcing this world wide and not having to wait a year after Japan?

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 04:57:58 am »
According to GAF, Streets of Rage 2 3D will have a new single player storymode where you will use all the characters throughout the journey. Now, that is cool. I hope Adam is selectable after completing the game.

Can we give a round of applause for SEGA announcing this world wide and not having to wait a year after Japan?

Of course, all kudos to SEGA.  ;-D
And finally the Japanese site has been updated to catch the US blog :

http://archives.sega.jp/3d/archives/index.html

There's still nothing to read though, just grayish logos.

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 05:04:42 am »
I love this news. Three of my favourite games of all time! Whoo!

I'm loving the work M2 has done on these conversions. I'd be fascinated to see what the actual sales figures for these were, as I'd love to see what percentage of the mainstream 3DS audience would be inclined to get them.

Offline segaismysavior

• Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 09:24:59 am »
Currently rocking to the SoR2 soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrF3WPi_7uI

It's tough to sit still at work and not bob around to dem beats.

I cannot wait to play this again.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 09:32:35 am »
They've done a really good job with the other 3D classics, so I can't wait for these.

Offline Clumsyorchid

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 05:31:45 pm »

This is something that Sam (our producer on all these titles) and I worked really hard on syncing up for a worldwide announcement. The dates of release are different, but we can all talk about the games and know they'll arrive in all territories. It's not often we get to do this, so it's something really special. To see this getting picked up on makes me very happy.

Offline George

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 05:45:13 pm »
This is something that Sam (our producer on all these titles) and I worked really hard on syncing up for a worldwide announcement. The dates of release are different, but we can all talk about the games and know they'll arrive in all territories. It's not often we get to do this, so it's something really special. To see this getting picked up on makes me very happy.
Nice. I think now with the way the internet works and how much entertainment people have at their disposal, its good to strike with the games while the iron is hot so to say. Glad these are coming relatively close to the Japanese release and I hope they sell well enough for SEGA to continue to make world wide announcements on localizing titles.

I'm generally shocked and excited for 3D Gunstar Heroes... really wondering what the M2 wizards will add to the game.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 10:06:46 pm »

Well done! Please say you're both staying on at SoA when the office moves? You're an asset.
I hope this series of Ports continue and more from M2/SEGA in the future, 3DS or no 3DS there are so many more.

Off topic, any news/trailers on Tembo the Elephant coming soon?

Made by SEGA

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 10:25:41 pm »

Wow.. You're from SEGA? I just want to say Excellent job done about these 3D classic announcement !!!

I've read in this : http://senpaigamer.com/nintendo-3ds/3d-bare-knuckle-ii-release-april-28-japan-gunstar-heroes-sonic-hedgehog-2-also-comes-04
the Japanese version of Streets of Rage II would released on April 28, 2015 for Japanese e-shop.
Usually I couldn't wait, afraid the US version won't come up, and bought the Japanese version (I have two different regions of 3DS, Jap and US). But now I'll wait and buy the US version instead.

Offline Clumsyorchid

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 11:31:44 am »
Well done! Please say you're both staying on at SoA when the office moves? You're an asset.
I hope this series of Ports continue and more from M2/SEGA in the future, 3DS or no 3DS there are so many more.

Off topic, any news/trailers on Tembo the Elephant coming soon?

Very nice of you to say, but I'll be departing in June. I'm sad to go because I love to work on titles like these, and do all sorts of fan focused activities, but I'm in need of a change of scenery, so it's for the best.

Not sure on Tembo, but I'm sure there will be more before it releases.

Wow.. You're from SEGA? I just want to say Excellent job done about these 3D classic announcement !!!

I've read in this : http://senpaigamer.com/nintendo-3ds/3d-bare-knuckle-ii-release-april-28-japan-gunstar-heroes-sonic-hedgehog-2-also-comes-04
the Japanese version of Streets of Rage II would released on April 28, 2015 for Japanese e-shop.
Usually I couldn't wait, afraid the US version won't come up, and bought the Japanese version (I have two different regions of 3DS, Jap and US). But now I'll wait and buy the US version instead.

Awesome, definitely adding this to my report. First hand feedback like this is really powerful stuff, I appreciate it.

I'm glad you enjoyed our announcement, just wait until you play the games. They are all turning out awesome, can't wait to read about it when the launch :).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:35:13 am by Clumsyorchid »