Author Topic: Mobile games that no longer meet SEGA’s standards to be removed from app stores  (Read 6040 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
http://segabits.com/blog/2015/05/08/mobile-games-that-no-longer-meet-segas-standards-to-be-removed-from-app-stores-in-the-coming-weeks/

The purge is coming. SEGA to remove mobile titles that no longer meet their standards. Please oh please be those crappy Genesis roms.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Is Dragon Coins still up, Japan removed it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
I hope they replace whatever they take down with a better version.

Bad or not, I hate it when companies remove games from sale.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
I think I speak for everyone when I ask: Can you please tell us the names of the games that you'll be removing from those stores?

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision

Offline Berto

Why's that?

Because app companion's usually free in Japan, just like Yakuza companion app.

And ... Uh, okay. I won't lie. It's personal hate.

Back then on my phone it only shows "Virtua Fighter 5 Final Show...."
the "..." is because the title is too long, so the word "Guide" isn't shown.
And at that time, it's in the game section, not in the app section.
I was mislead by that and though it was a game
(and my bad too since I didn't bother to read the description),
so I bought it.

Update : What they removed now turned out Sonic 4 Ep I & II, damn, my kid love those two games.

Offline Jumbomax

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
Update : What they removed now turned out Sonic 4 Ep I & II, damn, my kid love those two games.

Why the heck did SEGA remove Sonic 4?! Especially Episode II! I really liked that game... :(

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.

Offline Berto

Why the heck did SEGA remove Sonic 4?! Especially Episode II! I really liked that game... :(

I guess what they meant by "their standards" are that games must work on all version of devices.
If they're not, instead of fixing the problem, they choose the easiest route : remove them from store.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Ballsy move to remove Sonic games, though they weren't particularly good Sonic games by any standard...
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
I was going to suggest that is this about removing bad quality games or is this just about removing games that have stopped generating revenue.

Sonic 4: Episode 1 and 2 were still generating a decent amount I believe. George had a figure that said Sonic CD generates about $600.00 a week for SEGA and both Sonic 4 episodes were ranking around the same position as CD so this seems more quality assurance I guess?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
It must be compatibility issues or something, 'quality' is too broad a term to remove things from sale because they were 'shit games' for example.

Alternatively, are they looking to consolidate into Sonic 4: Complete or something? Broken Age Act 1 for example has been removed from sale since Act 2 released. Now you can only buy BA: Complete or BA:Act 2 if you already own the first.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits

Huh, I had thought Episode 2 was pulled from the app store long ago due to compatibility issues. Looks like Episode 1 is still up, as well as the iPad version Episode 1 HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonic-hedgehog-4-episode-i/id478899198?mt=8

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Sega should really do QA before releasing games, not after.
SEG4GES