Author Topic: Koji Igarashi - Castlevania successor - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night  (Read 12289 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

Sounds like it has potential!
I love stuff like this. Probably won't back since it's so far away at this point, would like to see where it goes though.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
I'll definitely buy it when it comes out.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I thought it was gonna be called 'Whip and Blade' or something, I liked that working title.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Its crazy that will live in a world where CastleVania and MegaMan don't get made...like really.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Its crazy that will live in a world where CastleVania and MegaMan don't get made...like really.
It really doesn't make sense. If XSEED can make profits on niche titles, I'm sure Capcom and Konami could throw the fans a bone by assigning a modest budget, and conservative sales expectations to new Castlevania or Mega Man games.

Take an Ubisoft approach. Not every game they put out is Assassin's Creed. They make sure to leave room for the Child of Lights, and Valiant Hearts of the world.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
It really doesn't make sense. If XSEED can make profits on niche titles, I'm sure Capcom and Konami could throw the fans a bone by assigning a modest budget, and conservative sales expectations to new Castlevania or Mega Man games.

Take an Ubisoft approach. Not every game they put out is Assassin's Creed. They make sure to leave room for the Child of Lights, and Valiant Hearts of the world.

The problem was not the games themselves, is how the developers do the games. They fuck up the company money many times, so when they have a stop, they leave. Remember the 3 ultra exclusive/niche/fanservice Megaman titles in development, those games precedent a list of a ton of Megaman franchises already maded and with almost 7 titles or more each one of them.

Anyway, the project seems interesting, I hope the best for making this possible :)

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision

You don't find it crazy to live in a world where every Sega franchise except Sonic doesn't get made!?

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Something to keep in mind: this Kickstarter is really, really similar to that of Mighty No. 9. Ridiculously so:

- Pitch video is done by 2 Player Productions.
- Uses very nice looking 2D concept art to hype up the game while it'll be 2.5D.
- Developed by Inti Creates.
- A single praised video game veteran is behind it, who is more of a producer than a game creator.
- Kickstarter started around the time where the publish the video game veteran used to work at is now hated by everyone.

Just saying, we've gone through this before. Really, game veterans like Igarashi and Inafune shouldn't get so much praise as their games' successes was mostly because of the teams they worked with, not them being the producer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:46:56 pm by TimmiT »

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
I know, they just like that stuff in that time :P

One thing to remember, the game will come out March 2017...they do almost nothing of the project IMO....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:49:13 pm by Nirmugen »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Something to keep in mind: this Kickstarter is really, really similar to that of Mighty No. 9. Ridiculously so:

I'm always cautious of Kickstarter and any Early Access stuff since there's been so many disappointments in the last couple years.
But as someone who knows nothing about Mighty No. 9 but heard there was big controversy, can you please fill me in on what happened?

Also, it's confirmed 2.5D? EDIT: Just saw it was... hmmm. Would be nice if uses Cel Shading or something though!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:51:12 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
You don't find it crazy to live in a world where every Sega franchise except Sonic doesn't get made!?

Well Sonic is the only Sega franchise that is on Castlevania or MegaMan level.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
I'm always cautious of Kickstarter and any Early Access stuff since there's been so many disappointments in the last couple years.
But as someone who knows nothing about Mighty No. 9 but heard there was big controversy, can you please fill me in on what happened?

Also, it's confirmed 2.5D? EDIT: Just saw it was... hmmm. Would be nice if uses Cel Shading or something though!

I'll just quote my impressions of the beta from Sonic Retro:
At this point the game kinda feels like wasted potential. It's not bad, but it lacks a good visual style, the levels go on for too long and really should probably be split up, the combo system feels needlessly complex, and there's the occasional frustrating level design.

Not that it can't be fun. I really like the dashing mechanics, dashing through enemies is generally fun. But at the same time making it the only way to count towards your combo is unnecessary and limits the ways abilities and levels can be designed. And also the ways players will play the game. The dashing ability is already useful for both platforming and defeating enemies, so it just feels pointless.

It resulted into not really being a bad game, but certainly not as good as what it was hyped up to be. And considering the same people are involved here, I wouldn't hype this up too much.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Looks like a flash game.

(I'm interested to see where this goes)

Well Sonic is the only Sega franchise that is on Castlevania or MegaMan level.

Trippled.

Please.

Sonic eats both those for breakfast.

With a side order of Bomberman for good measure.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
I dont trust concept arts after mighty nr 9.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
Looks like a flash game.
Those aren't screenshots. :V