Author Topic: SegaBits Plays: Ayyy LMAO Isolation - Join us!  (Read 38690 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SegaBits Plays: Ayyy LMAO Isolation - Join us!
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 09:57:22 am »
I'm glad everyone is getting into this game, I got it on launch day and was amazed at how good it was. The true survival horror experience we deserved.

Unfortunately not got much time to play now that Ramadan has started but I'll be cheering you guys from the sidelines.

You can't play video games during Ramadan?

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 10:01:22 am »
I'm actually starting to mellow on the graphics a bit. I find everytihng looks very plasticy and fake. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Either way, I got super stuck on a bit last night with some human scavengers. Turns out you're supposed to go through a certain door, I back-tracked instead and then had trouble when I came back to the room because they had fanned out and were really hard to avoid. This game doesn't fuck around.

I managed to finally get through by using a flare as a distraction which was nice. I appreciate that this game isn't holding my hand too much.

Literally everyone gets stuck at this part.  I ended up having to reset the encounter completely to make it work.  It's the only segment I've played that had pretty shitty game design. 

I got the flamethrower last night; things are about to heat up.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:09:13 am by Radrappy »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2015, 10:06:52 am »
Literally everyone gets stuck at this part.  I ended up having to reset the encounter completely to make it work.  It's the only segment I've played that had pretty shitty game design. 

WAIT REALLY!?

Aki told me I was just a shit gamer!

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 10:12:44 am »
WAIT REALLY!?

Haha well the 3 or 4 people who I know that have also played the game got stuck there too.  I think it's very natural to go back the way you came and save once you hear people emerging.  The problem there is that the game now saves them all fanned out as you said making sneaking to the door you need to go through EXTREMELY difficult.  Especially because at that point in the game your items are very limited.  How the scenario is SUPPOSED to go down is

-pick up the hack tool
-hear voices from the right
-go up the stairs on the left
-loop around to the door, stealth killing maybe one guy
-???
-profit

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:50 am »
I JUST managed to do that first human encounter on the second run, but I reloaded it about 10 more times because I wanted to kill them all... Which was hard.
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2015, 10:26:42 am »
I JUST managed to do that first human encounter on the second run, but I reloaded it about 10 more times because I wanted to kill them all... Which was hard.

What!  How long did that take you??  They kill you in about two hits so if you get seen it's pretty much game over.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2015, 10:29:52 am »
I was trying to avoid killing any, but i had to kill the black guy.
This game is racist.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2015, 10:34:21 am »
What!  How long did that take you??  They kill you in about two hits so if you get seen it's pretty much game over.

When you go upstairs on the left hand side there is a small sitting area or something, tables and stuff... I ran up there as soon as they appear and then I hid in a corner beside the stairs to the control room... They had already fanned out 2 were patrolling the upstairs, so once one of them came down the stairs I leapt out and whacked that fucker in the back of the head.

He got a shot off and alerted the second guy, but I hid again... Second guy comes along, looks at the body... I'm hiding behind the stairs again... BAM the next guy falls to my wrench.

Then, the woman was down stairs, there is one of those butthole shaped vents that leads from upstairs to down stairs... Luckily she was standing beside it as I came down, she was on alert but she only takes one hit... My wrench goes through bitches like butter.
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2015, 10:40:01 am »
all hail the wrench king

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2015, 11:34:03 am »
You can't play video games during Ramadan?

I won't have enough time. Breaking fast at 9:30 then hour and half prayer a couple hours later. Final meal then bed. Exciting times.

WAIT REALLY!?

I was joking with you but now that I see you had to kill someone you really are shit.

Like you should have made a break for you but no you wanted to kill the black guy.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2015, 12:32:04 pm »
I won't have enough time. Breaking fast at 9:30 then hour and half prayer a couple hours later. Final meal then bed. Exciting times.

I mean during the day. I thought fasting only extended to eating/drinking for some reason.

Like you should have made a break for you but no you wanted to kill the black guy.

He was trying to steal my bike.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2015, 03:05:20 am »
I have it for XBOX 360, played about an hour of it and I felt like I should have the best version, so I'll get it for PS4. 

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2015, 07:20:44 am »
Played a little bit more last night, now I met the Alien for real (last time was just a teaser). I heard someone shooting at it, and slipped past using the new hacking tool to get through the door.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 07:32:01 am »
Played a little bit more last night, now I met the Alien for real (last time was just a teaser). I heard someone shooting at it, and slipped past using the new hacking tool to get through the door.

Sometimes the Alien will clear out the room for you or sometimes it'll just leave everyone to their own devices, it's great, really different situation from time to time.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2015, 12:00:22 pm »
George and I did a SEGAbits Plays of this a while back, and I loved the moment where George was fucking around waiting for the transport, and when it came the Alien rushed in and killed him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Bto2Ak4hM