Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 58566 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: So anyone even care about the next thing from Nintendo? (NX)
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2016, 09:20:34 am »
My initial opinion is one of needing more answers. Seems like the digital foundry report was accurate on specs, but beyond that, battery life and the small controller are the biggest hurdles I can see. Nintendo have also shown a picture of just some of the supporting partners, but well...we've heard that before.

On the plus side, this could easily be a more traditional console, some of the wii u's library seems to be making a return on it, the design and look is nice.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:29:17 am by Tad »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2016, 09:26:52 am »
OK, that was... cute. I'll give them him that. Let it never be said that Nintendo isn't creative and all that. You can play it at home and have it with you always on the go (though battery life on portable is probably gonna be a major issue if it's going to have full HD graphics running at optimal conditions).

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2016, 09:47:24 am »
A handheld and a console with a shared library. A safe and predictable concept, but still bodes really well if nintendo executes it well and manages to sell it. I like it

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2016, 09:49:22 am »
I'm not paying more than 150 for something which major claim is it can play Skyrim and Super Mario
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2016, 09:56:36 am »
Nice hanhdeld , utter rubbish console . Sad to see NCL more or less give up on the home console market
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2016, 10:01:56 am »
I guess the thread name can change now? Nintendo Switch revealed or something like that

Offline CrazyT

Re: Nintendo Switch revealed or something like that
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2016, 10:14:26 am »
HAHAHA. /dead

Seems about right

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2016, 10:15:49 am »
I guess the thread name can change now? Nintendo Switch revealed or something like that

Went and did just that!

So... the name sucks. When I say it, it sounds like I'm saying "Nintendo's Witch".

As far as the concept, it is hardly revolutionary but it is a safe and easy to comprehend device. Unlike the Wii U which initially was thought to be a Wii accessory and then had trouble getting people onboard because it was difficult for people to see why it was a novel idea (and TBH it wasn't).

As a home console, I don't think it will be another Wii U. Nintendo games will be the main draw, hardware will be a step below Xbox One and PS4.

As a handheld, it could succeed but the main things will be interface, battery and online ecosystem. Also, I feel it will be competing with the mobile market and the 3DS.

I personally feel burnt by the Wii U and will not be getting the Switch. I will continue to enjoy 3DS, will buy some more Wii U games and will eventually get a PS4.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2016, 10:24:01 am »
It can be seen as a nice portable I guess. As long as it's cheap.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2016, 10:40:59 am »
I think the price will be a huge factor here. If they're not going to go against the PS4/XBO and they're going with a tablet designed processor, then it needs to be reflected in the price.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2016, 10:51:34 am »
I think the price will be a huge factor here. If they're not going to go against the PS4/XBO and they're going with a tablet designed processor, then it needs to be reflected in the price.
Keep in mind the Xbone sells for about 250 (300 with a game) in most markets
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2016, 10:57:53 am »
250/300 huh. I think somewhere around the £200 mark be more appealing, but It depends on costs I suppose.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2016, 11:16:36 am »
Went and did just that!

So... the name sucks. When I say it, it sounds like I'm saying "Nintendo's Witch".

As far as the concept, it is hardly revolutionary but it is a safe and easy to comprehend device. Unlike the Wii U which initially was thought to be a Wii accessory and then had trouble getting people onboard because it was difficult for people to see why it was a novel idea (and TBH it wasn't).

As a home console, I don't think it will be another Wii U. Nintendo games will be the main draw, hardware will be a step below Xbox One and PS4.

As a handheld, it could succeed but the main things will be interface, battery and online ecosystem. Also, I feel it will be competing with the mobile market and the 3DS.

I personally feel burnt by the Wii U and will not be getting the Switch. I will continue to enjoy 3DS, will buy some more Wii U games and will eventually get a PS4.
Lmfao. Oh you.

Gotta share your overall sentiments. I wish nintendo a lot of luck with the Nintendo Switch but I wont be getting it. I am cheering on the sidelines for its succes because I love the concept a lot.

Gotta say I never really hated the wii u's concept either, but the execution couldnt have been done worse. Thats how bad it was with the wii u. Worst possible execution of an idea ever. The name was bad,  the ergonomics for the tablet controller isnt that great. The design didnt look apealing. Horrible architecture which made porting a problem, hence little 3rd party. Cumbersome slow OS, and software droughts from beginning to end. Just awful stuff all around despite me having enjoyed a lot and having some of my best experiences on it.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2016, 11:48:56 am »
If I had to guess a price for this thing i'm predicting that theyre gonna have 2 seperate offererings. 1 without the dock and extra controller attachment for 250€, and one with the dock and the controller attachment for 300€

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2016, 12:44:58 pm »
Wii U has been my go to for Hulu and Netflix and YouTube. It is very quick to login to each, and easy to use. Plus the TV button allows me to use it as a remote.

But it should excel at video games, which it does not.