Author Topic: Yakuza 4 coming to the west  (Read 14461 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Yakuza 4 coming to the west
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 08:34:53 pm »
Fuzzy, it doesn’t have to be sexual to be very predictable. People are getting really tired of it, me included. Theres nothing homophobic about it, but turning every thread into an argument/convo regarding your sexuality (or the sexuality of others) Is boring and disruptive to threads.

Now, on topic... I like the idea of having optional jobs, I always wished Shenmue had more optional jobs to make money... Like real jobs not gambeling. I like having money in the game but I get really bored of the moving crates mini game in Shenmue 2.

I hope Nagoshi adds a couple more jobs you can take such as
Bar staff, - Mixing drinks mini game
Male host, - Chattin up the ladies... or gays...
Dlivery guy - Maybe running around the city delivering pizzas in a time limit.

Just some simple mini games to make a bit more money.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 10:34:23 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
:lol:
Oh, got nothing else to say? Good.

No, he actually runs them and funds them, finding new workers for it involves part of the story.
Well, he won't find new workers inside the hostess clubs themselves, so again, no need to go inside one. They should be dropped.

Theres nothing homophobic about it,
I disagree, but whatever. Let us drop the discussion. We shouldn't continue to derail the thread like this.

Male host, - Chattin up the ladies... or gays...
Hehe, that'd be one way to make it interesting.

Otherwise, I don't really like the idea of holding a job in-game. It's still a boring prospect, just as it was in the days of Shenmue.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 11:05:07 pm »
I'm pretty indifferent to the hostess bars.
I mainly stick to the story missions in the Yakuza games, mostly because it would take an obscene amount of time to try and get everything in the game.

I did enjoy some of the mini games though.  I thought pool, and karaoke were both good times in the 3rd game.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 11:06:33 pm »
My friend and I piss about in the host bars for ages... Trying to guess the right chat up lines to make the girls happy is endless fun.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 12:12:59 am »
I never enjoyed the hostess bars in Yakuza 2, but I kinda liked the mission where you had to work as a host to uncover that big scam they were running. Even so, the trial and error nature of it started to grind after a while.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:02 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
:lol:
Oh, got nothing else to say? Good.

You do realize everything you said about everything was blacked out and that I never read it because I never beat the game, yeah? It was Sharky who commented on your comment having sexual undertones, not me. I do not know why you treat me like this, you never respond to me when I prove your points wrong. I have no idea where you come off questioning my emotional maturity when you do not even know anything about me.

Basically, I am not sure why you have to treat everyone like a piece of shit when they do nothing to you.

Quote from: "Sharky"
My friend and I piss about in the host bars for ages... Trying to guess the right chat up lines to make the girls happy is endless fun.

While I do not fully agree, some of their reactions and the choices you can pick are priceless.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 12:55:10 am »
It was Sharky who commented on your comment having sexual undertones, not me.
Nope, he never stated that I was posting anything dirty or sex related at all. Go back and re-read. The only thing he ever wrote was that he thought Rikiya was possibly not straight. He did not comment on my post "having sexual undertones" as you are suggesting. He was talking about Rikiya, not my post.

The fact that you've admitted to not bothering to read proves again that it was your own mind that filled in the blanks. You made a blind guess, and came out incorrect for it. Enjoy being wrong.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 01:02:00 am »
You guys need to chill out for a bit, so I'm banning you both.

Well not really, but thanks to everyone keeping the spoilers away for those of us who don't own PS3s.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 02:26:49 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
It was Sharky who commented on your comment having sexual undertones, not me.
Nope, he never stated that I was posting anything dirty or sex related at all. Go back and re-read. The only thing he ever wrote was that he thought Rikiya was possibly not straight. He did not comment on my post "having sexual undertones" as you are suggesting. He was talking about Rikiya, not my post.

The fact that you've admitted to not bothering to read proves again that it was your own mind that filled in the blanks. You made a blind guess, and came out incorrect for it. Enjoy being wrong.

What are you even talking about? Sharky mentioned the sexualities and I thought it was pathetic as you would talk about it on the last topic on this, and you knew it bugged everyone. I never mentioned it was dirty, only that it was obvious that you were talking about a gay relationship. Considering your history in the site and the whole damn Internet, I do not know why you are trying to make it seem like anything less. Why do you even care this much in that you feel the need to say I am constantly wrong when you never respond to my posts that prove you wrong? It is not even a big deal, just stop making posts designed around specifically annoying people, I guess?

Offline ImSmartUrDum

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 01:36:13 am »
I've played through Yakuza 4 Japanese version and I can tell you all right now that Hostess bars will never be dropped from this game...  

Out of curiosity fluffy, would you be happy if they included host bars with male hosts?
Or failing that a nice fur-bar of some description?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 12:43:43 am »
I think fuffy needs to be more tolerant of us straight people.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 01:09:37 am »
I never mentioned it was dirty,
Haha, lies:

No, it means you are a seriously weird fuck who likes to think about everything in a sexual manner.
Then again, you didn't even bother to read my original posts, so how would you know?

Or failing that a nice fur-bar of some description?
Now that would be awesome and/or hilarious, especially if it's coming out of Japan.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:29:14 am by fluffymoochicken »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 02:17:54 am »
I think both fuzzy and sanus both need to shut the fuck up in this thread.
Made by SEGA

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 02:28:56 am »
Alright, sorry, no problem. :P Sanus, I'll gladly continue the conversation via PM if you really want to. Otherwise, it's best we drop it and move on.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 08:30:16 pm »
I'm quite excited for Yakuza 4. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pick up Yakuza 3 yet. I'll have to get around to it as soon as I can.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!