Author Topic: SEGA set to have exciting IAAPA trade show.(New Arcade hardware incoming?)  (Read 17956 times)

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
http://www.segaarcade.com/Sega-set-to-impress-at-IAAPA-2015

"LONDON UK 22nd October 2015 – SEGA is set to unveil “must see” product at IAAPA 2015. Line up covers seven categories, 19 titles, and a whopping 22 cabinet configurations.SEGA at IAAPA 2015
If you’re in the market for Amusement Games, SEGA's booth 1606 should top off your must-see list of exhibitors during IAAPA 2015. From Video Amusements to Kiddie Rides, High-Value Prize Vending to Arcade Sports, and Edutainment to Ticket Redemption we’ve got something for just about every amusement game operator.
The list of games is even more impressive when considering that 9 of the 19 titles on display are new games, and 2 have been updated with appealing new art packages.
“Our line-up at IAAPA 2015 is an amazing collection of amusement games that demonstrates our firm's commitment to the industry,” said SEGA CEO, Paul Williams. “I believe the quality of the product on the Sega Stand 1606 will be the talk of the show!”
Video Ticket Redemption
You’ve probably noticed how SEGA has used the iconic Sonic Brand in a number of games over the years. At IAAPA 2015, we’ve taken Sonic to a brand new level.

First up is Sonic Dash Extreme. Sonic Dash takes players on a high-speed track filled with obstacles and more than a few valuable rings. Players have to avoid the obstacles and collect as many rings as they can before reaching the goal. Once there, you need to destroy the Evil Dr. Eggman to get the jackpot bonus!
The high definition graphics are displayed on a 55” screen that’s accented with two large “Sonic Rings” on the left and right side. The player control is an oversized D-Pad controller players will instantly recognize from their home console games - if you can’t beat em, join em!
SEGA is also displaying Plants vs. Zombies 42” DLX and 60” Super DLX – both of which continue to enjoy brisk sales.
Mechanical Ticket Redemption
Did we say Sega was bringing Sonic to a whole new level? Sonic Blast Ball is a single button skill stop game in which players open gates at the top of a vertical playfield using a large lit button. The goal is to open the gates, so a ball drops through a bonus ring that oscillates left to right. Make it through the bonus ring and the bonus wheel starts to spin. Push the button to stop the wheel and win the bonus jackpot!

Captain Black 3 Player Shooting Gallery brings the excitement of a Carnival Midway into your location. Utilizing the tried and true Pirate Theme, Captain Black challenges your player’s shooting skills with a variety of moving and stationary targets.
Magicians Wheel is a terrific take on a spinning wheel game. Lots of action and excellent lighting create a presentation perfect for any FEC. Using a large lit button, players drop the arrow into the spinning wheel’s outer ring of pins. Time it just right to get the wheel to stop on the Jackpot Bonus value.
Arcade Sports
SEGA has been enjoying tremendous sales for our Sonic-branded Basketball and Air Hockey games for the past 5 + years with no signs of slowing down. At this year’s IAAPA, we’re giving the artwork a touch-up. The new look delivers a more colorful and dynamic appearance that is sure to keep these games on top of the sellers list for years to come!

Hello Kitty Air Hockey. Hello Kitty is one of the world’s most recognizable brands. Hello Kitty Air Hockey is the only licensed “kid-sized” air hockey. It’s the perfect size for toddlers while still attracting tweens, teens and parents with kids.
High Value Prize Vending
Key Master, SEGA’s entry into the High-Value Prize Vending category, has won the Operator Choice Award for the Best Game of the Year the past three years. We’re continuing to build our library of this incredibly high-earning category with two exciting new games – Treasure Box and Drop It Win It.

Kiddie Rides
We’re taking advantage of the Sonic brand “one more time” with Sonic 2-Player Kiddie Ride. This excellent kiddie ride has two steering wheels so two kids can play at once. Creating a higher perceived value in the eyes of the parent by allowing two kids to play for the price of one!

Edutainment
Let’s Go Safari is a children’s edutainment game that teaches kids about the wide world of wild animals. Gameplay puts the child at the controls of a Jungle Jeep with control buttons they can activate including windshield wipers. Players drive through a world filled with wildlife. Along the way, they see a great variety animals in their natural habit. Players can select three animals to learn more about them. Upon selecting an animal, a short video plays that tells the player more about the animal.

Games on Display – Video Amusement
Rounding out SEGA’s Video Amusement games on display will be a new motion-based version of the driving game Storm Racers, a new 2 Player Special Attraction version of the demolition derby game, Showdown and their smash-hit Transformers Theatre.

About SEGA Amusements International
Serving markets across the globe, SEGA Amusements International is a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA Interactive Co. Ltd, Japan. SEGA Amusements International is an industry leader in creating a state-of-the-art interactive video, photo-tainment, self-contained merchandisers, kiddie rides and redemption games. Products range from single-player upright video games to self-co
ontained merchandising games, to multiplayer attendant operated simulators.
- See more at: http://www.segaarcade.com/Sega-set-to-impress-at-IAAPA-2015#sthash.qitWdCGJ.dpuf
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:33:35 pm by EnternalHope »

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.

The headline marquee reads "SEGA set to unveil must see product".

RINGWIDE 2 & RINGEDGE 3 confirmed!!!!!

Also, IAAPA will be held in the US this year. The first American Arcade tradeshow attended by SEGA in ages.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
The headline marquee reads "SEGA set to unveil must see product".

RINGWIDE 2 & RINGEDGE 3 confirmed!!!!!

I can't tell if you're joking about Ringwide and Ringedge or not. The "confirmed" joke has been used to death on Half-Life 3. On the topic of Sega, I'd prefer if people would just use it for actual, literal confirmation. It seems plausible that they could have new arcade platforms... I'd be surprised if they kept the 'Ring' naming convention though.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
I can't tell if you're joking about Ringwide and Ringedge or not. The "confirmed" joke has been used to death on Half-Life 3. On the topic of Sega, I'd prefer if people would just use it for actual, literal confirmation. It seems plausible that they could have new arcade platforms... I'd be surprised if they kept the 'Ring' naming convention though.

It's sarcasm. ;) (I'm mocking Neo Gaf).

Regarding if SEGA will keep using the RING series name, yes there's every reason to believe they will still be using that moniker for its arcade line, the RINGEDGE 2 would have never existed if that weren't the case.

The RING series has been extremely successful for SEGA the past half decade and has allowed them to have better software support than Taito.

TA was talking smack about SEGA's Arcade technology calling it inferior. So IAAPA would be where he eats his words.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
This is the Western arm of their Arcade division so don't expect any new SEGA Japan IP's like Virtua Fighter 6. Still I am glad SEGA is still pushing arcades instead of backing out like everyone else.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
TA was talking smack about SEGA's Arcade technology calling it inferior

Technically it's true Joe. SEGA hasn't made a world leading Arcade board since NA@MI II, but SEGA Japan AM teams are still the best in the business and have since the 80's 

Still I am glad SEGA is still pushing arcades instead of backing out like everyone else

Don't see many backing out these days Sharky and I see quite a few American corps making Arcade games these days like Global VR and the like
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
This is the Western arm of their Arcade division so don't expect any new SEGA Japan IP's like Virtua Fighter 6. Still I am glad SEGA is still pushing arcades instead of backing out like everyone else.

We might see a RINGWIDE 2 board with new IPs and the return of some favorite Arcade franchises like House of The Dead 5, Sega Rally, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, more NEW Sonic in addition to Sonic Dash Extreme (it hints that) and maybe Virtua Cop 4.(The headline claims SEGA will have 19 Arcade titles, 9 of them NEW IPs)

SEGA hasn't had a high end board since LINDBERGH. It usually takes them 7 to 10 years to release and launch a new High End Arcade line. Usually when the console generation is nearing its end(System 16 in 1987,Model 2 in 1994, Naomi in 1998, Lindbergh in 2005) its LONG overdue for a Lindbergh successor.

So I'm willing to bet Virtua Fighter 6 will be on RINGEDGE 3.(Which I see being unveiled at AOU next February)

SEGA is the Arcade Emperor of the World. They'll never give up on their core business that's the heart and soul of the brand. Especially since they're 5Xs bigger than other vendors and have substantially bigger pull,influence,market penetration and venture ideas than the likes of Taito,Konami,SNK & Capcom. There's a reason why they were the only one who successfully was able to transition into console manufacturing.(SNK never really did. They just launched a home conversion of Neo Geo's 24-bit line)

SEGA is undergoing a brand renaissance. I can't wait to see where they'll be in 5 years.

Now we wait for Nintendo to successfully enter the Mobile hardware market.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:36:06 pm by EnternalHope »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Just an FYI, EnternalHope isn't Joe. The IPs don't match up at all and EnternalHope has a history as a user over at Dreamcast-Talk.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Is it that strange for a Sega fan to dream big about Sega's arcade future? lol

Could a new arcade board mean VF6 tho?
SEG4GES

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
Quote from: crackdude link=topic=3805.msg83572#msg83572date=1446229265
Is it that strange for a Sega fan to dream big about Sega's arcade future? lol

Could a new arcade board mean VF6 tho?

The last new entry in VF was exactly 10 years ago, so yeah!!!

Just an FYI, EnternalHope isn't Joe. The IPs don't match up at all and EnternalHope has a history as a user over at Dreamcast-Talk.

Joe who?

I've never been a part of this forum so this is my first time as a member.

Yeah, I do have a history with DC-Talk, that they thankfully erased.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:12:49 pm by EnternalHope »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: SEGA set to have exciting IAAPA trade show.(New Arcade hardware incoming?)
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 03:35:23 pm »
Don't see many backing out these days Sharky and I see quite a few American corps making Arcade games these days like Global VR and the like.
That's because everyone else has buggered off already. Everybody who wants to make Arcade games are welcome in my book. Global VR are pretty cool. I think SEGA West ramping up their Arcade development will have a business plan a lot like Global VR where they will license home console games or apps and turn them into games that use the Arcade game model.

Yeah I can tell, Joe isn't this wildly optimistic.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 04:02:02 pm »
That's because everyone else has buggered off already

Most of the big ones are still there in some shape . Its the little ones that have gone and well that just can't afford the set up sadly.

. Global VR are pretty cool. I think SEGA West ramping up their Arcade development will have a business plan a lot like Global VR where they will license home console games or apps and turn them into games that use the Arcade game model.

I don't like that sort of model myself . You need a reason to go into a Arcade and having games based around home or Mobile games just doesn't do it for me, not that an issues these days as the Arcades are all but dead in the UK and now just full of slot machines

The last new entry in VF was exactly 10 years ago, so yeah!!

So No!!!. VF is non IP in the West and was never ever a seller in the Arcades in the west at all . You really think SEGA Japan would have SEGA Europe show off its new board and VF 6 . You've got more chance of seeing the Dreamcast II which don't tell me... SEGA are working on
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 04:25:51 pm »

We might see a RINGWIDE 2 board with new IPs and the return of some favorite Arcade franchises like House of The Dead 5, Sega Rally, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, more NEW Sonic in addition to Sonic Dash Extreme (it hints that) and maybe Virtua Cop 4.(The headline claims SEGA will have 19 Arcade titles, 9 of them NEW IPs)

SEGA hasn't had a high end board since LINDBERGH. It usually takes them 7 to 10 years to release and launch a new High End Arcade line. Usually when the console generation is nearing its end(System 16 in 1987,Model 2 in 1994, Naomi in 1998, Lindbergh in 2005) its LONG overdue for a Lindbergh successor.

So I'm willing to bet Virtua Fighter 6 will be on RINGEDGE 3.(Which I see being unveiled at AOU next February)

SEGA is the Arcade Emperor of the World. They'll never give up on their core business that's the heart and soul of the brand. Especially since they're 5Xs bigger than other vendors and have substantially bigger pull,influence,market penetration and venture ideas than the likes of Taito,Konami,SNK & Capcom. There's a reason why they were the only one who successfully was able to transition into console manufacturing.(SNK never really did. They just launched a home conversion of Neo Geo's 24-bit line)

SEGA is undergoing a brand renaissance. I can't wait to see where they'll be in 5 years.

Now we wait for Nintendo to successfully enter the Mobile hardware market.

lol, do you even know the line up of Sega West in the arcades is like? Video games are the minority (mostly shooters), its mostly carnival things. Sega Japan has kept novel and higher tech offerings to itself for years

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 04:28:08 pm »
I saw a Sega-published GRID arcade racing machine in London a few years back. The hell was that about
Played it as well. Very good control. It was just like playing Sega Rally on a city course.
SEG4GES

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 04:30:05 pm »
I saw a Sega-published GRID arcade racing machine in London a few years back. The hell was that about

I was pissed when they included that on their official racing game history...wtf Sega