Author Topic: Motion Control Wars  (Read 88840 times)

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Motion Control Wars
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2010, 08:16:07 pm »
ScrewAttack's Impressions of Kinect at PAX 2010:

http://screwattack.com/videos/PAX-2010- ... mpressions

Warning: They are very, very blunt about their feelings.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2010, 06:19:24 am »
Andriasang doesn't like kinect either

said they got to play sonic free riders and that it was buggy

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/0 ... pressions/

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2010, 04:18:12 pm »
Sonic Team games being buggy, NO WAY! NO WAY? NO WAY! NO WAY?

[youtube:p51n7hbu]3MWEHwvcnyM[/youtube:p51n7hbu]

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2010, 01:16:15 am »
Hardware is only as good as its software.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2010, 11:05:30 am »
Project Draco makes me very happy I pre-ordered Kinect. Before I was buying it for Child of Eden and the hope of more good games down the road, but now I'm actually excited for a kinect game! If only SEGA was backing this, then it could be a Dragoon game. Ah well, I'm sure it will be just like any other PD plot and take place years apart from the other games. Plus, Panzer Dragoon and Project Draco can both be called PD games :P

[youtube:vf1iahcs]6zD1DM4DScg[/youtube:vf1iahcs]

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2010, 01:36:50 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
[youtube:1h06fpif]6zD1DM4DScg[/youtube:1h06fpif]
It's a tragedy that such a neat idea has to be ruined by motion control exclusivity. =(

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2010, 01:42:15 pm »
Panzer Dragoon has been implemented four times on two consoles already, so the idea has been done. Orta pretty much perfected the classic gameplay style. If anything, motion controls will bring something new to the table aside from a graphical upgrade.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2010, 03:17:05 pm »
Panzer Dragoon has been implemented four times on two consoles already, so the idea has been done. Orta pretty much perfected the classic gameplay style. If anything, motion controls will bring something new to the table aside from a graphical upgrade.
People want to play a new game, but what they don't want is a major step backwards - which seems to be what this game has doomed itself to being, due to its Kinect exclusivity.

Of course, feel free to convince yourself that what PD really needed was to lose control precision and gain lots of arm waving. I'd imagine that most of us aren't quite as pleased.

Offline George

« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2010, 05:47:37 pm »
Project Darco is going to be ruined by being niche on a mainstream add-on with lower userbase. Basically, Phantom Dust didn't sell well on 24 million consoles. I don't expect Kinect to sell over 10 million (even that is a stretch), the game's success is being 'killed off' by many factors.

If the game was compatible, we would have another story. This is the type of game that needs as many 'potential buyers' as possible. Imagine if Panzer Dragoon Orta was released to be played ONLY with some new add on on xbox? How badly would it have failed?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2010, 07:07:17 pm »
I think Panzer Dragoon would work really well with motion controls personally. In fact, I think even the basic nunchuck and Wiimote combo could improve something like Orta. Would be awesome to move your dragon in a different direction you are aiming in, for instance.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2010, 09:03:50 pm »
Quote from: "George"
If the game was compatible, we would have another story. This is the type of game that needs as many 'potential buyers' as possible. Imagine if Panzer Dragoon Orta was released to be played ONLY with some new add on on xbox? How badly would it have failed?
I know, right? Playing with Kinect should be optional, not mandatory. Sad to say, but unless someone I know personally buys a Kinect, I'm going to have to skip this game.

I think Panzer Dragoon would work really well with motion controls personally. In fact, I think even the basic nunchuck and Wiimote combo could improve something like Orta. Would be awesome to move your dragon in a different direction you are aiming in, for instance.
Yeah, it's just too bad that the Kinect doesn't have a pointing device or buttons. =|

Offline George

« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2010, 09:16:25 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I think it would work, but the difference between Wii and Kinect is that Wii has 50 million plus units sold, Kinect has 0.

Not saying it wouldn't work with motion controls, just saying it would be more beneficial to the title if it was optional play on Kinect, not forced. See: Dead Space 2, SOCOM 4 and Killzone 3.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2010, 01:49:22 am »
Project Darco is going to be ruined by being niche on a mainstream add-on with lower userbase. Basically, Phantom Dust didn't sell well on 24 million consoles. I don't expect Kinect to sell over 10 million (even that is a stretch), the game's success is being 'killed off' by many factors.

Dear God, That's such a bit of Fanboy talk. How well did the niche games that was ICO sell onthe mainstream PS2 , did it sell over 100 million copies , I'm sure it didn't

Stop being so anti 360 and MS George , its getting rather silly now

The worst part is that isn't just that it's being made for Natal. But more so that SEGA ,  Yukio Futatsugi and Land Ho (made up of Ex Panzer staff) aren't all working on a full on next gen sequel to Panzer Dragoon for both the 360 and PS3

To me a game like Phantom Dust would be more suited  to Natal
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2010, 04:14:54 am »
Project Draco makes me very happy I pre-ordered Kinect. Before I was buying it for Child of Eden and the hope of more good games down the road, but now I'm actually excited for a kinect game! If only SEGA was backing this, then it could be a Dragoon game. Ah well, I'm sure it will be just like any other PD plot and take place years apart from the other games. Plus, Panzer Dragoon and Project Draco can both be called PD games :P

[youtube:1da7z1h7]6zD1DM4DScg[/youtube:1da7z1h7]

Wow, the music is absolutely wonderful. Please, please, make it so we don't have to buy the add-on. Add-ons are things from the past. Remember 32X.

Offline George

« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2010, 04:43:12 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"

Dear God, That's such a bit of Fanboy talk. How well did the niche games that was ICO sell onthe mainstream PS2 , did it sell over 100 million copies , I'm sure it didn't

Stop being so anti 360 and MS George , its getting rather silly now

The worst part is that isn't just that it's being made for Natal. But more so that SEGA ,  Yukio Futatsugi and Land Ho (made up of Ex Panzer staff) aren't all working on a full on next gen sequel to Panzer Dragoon for both the 360 and PS3

To me a game like Phantom Dust would be more suited  to Natal
No it didn't sell 100 million units, but it sold better than Phantom Dust. It does not take a genius to know that a higher number of potential owners could mean better sales. ICO was not really advertised and SOC was a cult hit.

Nothing I said was anti '360' at all, so I don't know where your accusations are coming from. If anything, i'm PRO 360, I said it should offer both 360 traditional controls and Kinect. It offers an experience to more people. How is this Anti 360?

I don't know how a person, like you, would think Phantom Dust and Project Darco is good for Natal. This is how Natal is being advertise, how do the games fit into the equation?
[youtube:1mg3fodn]Zs2x3jFTb2E[/youtube:1mg3fodn]

Sorry that I think logically. I would have said the same thing if the game was MOVE only.