Author Topic: Motion Control Wars  (Read 88746 times)

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Motion Control Wars
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2010, 04:03:38 pm »
Quote from: "SOUP"
Yeah, the truth is that neither Kinect or Move have any real proven killer apps coming out in the near future, so it's mostly a crapshoot at this point.
I'm sort of interested in the engine behind Sorcery. Whether or not Sorcery turns out to be a great game or not has yet to be seen, but I still think there's potential there for titles following in its footsteps.

I'd personally love to see a "magical girl" type of game be made with the engine (although I would prefer it if they gave you the option of which gender to play as). You could use your magical wand to access different powers/spells and use them to fight off bad feelings and the forces of darkness, and make the world a happier place. And best of all, the whole game would be done in a bright and colorful anime style. ^^

I know you guys might not appreciate my idea as much, but this really is what my mind immediately jumped to imagining after seeing the Sorcery demo at E3. =)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2010, 05:05:36 pm »
Like a Sailor Moon type thing?

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »
Like a Sailor Moon type thing?
Yeah, though I wouldn't want it to be quite as weird as Sailor Moon...

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2010, 09:42:57 pm »
Kinnect and Move are just life-cycle extending gimmicks masked as motion control devices  No thanks, I'll just save my money for PS4.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2010, 12:06:20 am »
Life extending? According to Microsoft PR yes. Sony said its an addition, just like Eye was an addition to PS2.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2010, 07:27:27 am »
At this point, what else could a PS4 or XBOX 720 offer besides beefed up graphics and even more storage space? Not to mention so many online multiplayer games are thriving on the current systems. I don't see a new console from Sony or MS any time soon. If anything, the slim models and motion controls are the equivalent of the next console IMHOROFLMAO.

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2010, 03:56:01 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Yeah, the truth is that neither Kinect or Move have any real proven killer apps coming out in the near future, so it's mostly a crapshoot at this point.
I'm sort of interested in the engine behind Sorcery. Whether or not Sorcery turns out to be a great game or not has yet to be seen, but I still think there's potential there for titles following in its footsteps.

I'd personally love to see a "magical girl" type of game be made with the engine (although I would prefer it if they gave you the option of which gender to play as). You could use your magical wand to access different powers/spells and use them to fight off bad feelings and the forces of darkness, and make the world a happier place. And best of all, the whole game would be done in a bright and colorful anime style. ^^

I know you guys might not appreciate my idea as much, but this really is what my mind immediately jumped to imagining after seeing the Sorcery demo at E3. =)

I agree, I am very excited for Sorcery. I actually didn't realise the protagonist was a girl until afterwards.
I'm hoping for a colourful zelda type experience, and I love that the colour ball changes colour depending on the spell.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2010, 05:58:53 pm »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"
I'm hoping for a colourful zelda type experience, and I love that the colour ball changes colour depending on the spell.
Sorcery could easily best the new Zelda game if it were given enough time and effort in development. The creativity in its use of spell casting and motion control is vastly superior to what Zelda is offering (plain old boring sword swinging and arrow shooting stuff; yawn). They just have to be willing to make it the best product it can possibly be.

Offline George

« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2010, 01:47:15 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
At this point, what else could a PS4 or XBOX 720 offer besides beefed up graphics and even more storage space? Not to mention so many online multiplayer games are thriving on the current systems. I don't see a new console from Sony or MS any time soon. If anything, the slim models and motion controls are the equivalent of the next console IMHOROFLMAO.
More ram. Its needed... a lot.

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2010, 04:19:40 pm »
The latest PS Move game got reviewed.
Wii port, 6/10. lol

I can expect Wii ports for about a year, till Move gets serious.

Offline George

« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2010, 09:29:40 pm »
Autosaver, judging a device on one port. Regardless, you are correct, it is about the effort developers put into Move games. Glad it is getting Dead Space 2. :)

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2010, 05:27:30 am »
Quote from: "Autosaver"
The latest PS Move game got reviewed.
Wii port, 6/10. lol

I can expect Wii ports for about a year, till Move gets serious.

I disagree.
The PS3 hasn't got a large enough install base to be able to get away with so much shovelware that ruins the Wii's line up every month.

I think that this is just a case of Ubisoft wanting to get in early and start supporting the system- they did it with a terrible port of Rayman 2 on the DS and Far Cry, Splinter Cell, Red Steel and Monster 4x4 on the Wii.

It's a shame that Little Big Plante 2 has been delayed until January, hopefully The Shoot is good.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2010, 06:08:27 am »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"

It's a shame that Little Big Plante 2 has been delayed until January, hopefully The Shoot is good.

Fuck The Shoot, it's all about Razing Storm!  :afroman:

I discovered the other day that Razing storm also comes with Time Crisis 4 and some Pirate themed shooter too, so that's nice.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2010, 10:13:56 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Fuck The Shoot, it's all about Razing Storm!  :afroman:

I discovered the other day that Razing storm also comes with Time Crisis 4 and some Pirate themed shooter too, so that's nice.

It's also compatible with the Guncon 3 in case you've already picked up Time Crisis 4 in the past.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2010, 03:59:19 pm »
http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-ki ... 5092.phtml

I take offense to this ^

32X is f-ing awesome. Chaotix, SW Arcade, After Burner, Space Harrier, Kolibri, Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter and Tempo are beyond awesome. I'm a Kinect supporter, but will not stand by and let the 32X get insulted. For shame M$!