Author Topic: Nintendo E3 Press Conference - Fat Plumbers Waggle  (Read 15599 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Nintendo E3 Press Conference - Fat Plumbers Waggle
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 01:10:19 pm »
I was just waiting for him to sing ROLLLLING STARRRRRRT! and announce Daytona USA 3DS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 01:13:07 pm »
I'm repeating myself from the Sega forums, but you guys have to realize that Nintendo is using the same 'bait and switch' strategy they did with DS and Wii by goading the hardcore with these hardcore franchise offerings (of which 80% won't even be released 6 months after the system's release) to establish the system with the core audience before casual spamming the hell out of it to go after the broader markets.

You will see PSP2 eventually with 3D features and real next-gen portable graphics and all of the sudden 3DS won't be so cool or interesting.

In any case, portable console gaming will continue its slide as Apple gains increasingly more share with their multimedia portable experience.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 01:21:57 pm »
Metroid: Other M is the one I'm looking forward to the most. However I was wishing the music in trailer was going to build, but they just repeated same section of music over and over again. It's too bad, because the piece of music they used for that trailer is quite fantastic.
Nintendo's conference turned out to be pretty good. The Sony conference is the one I'm really eager for though.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 01:42:28 pm »
I came into E3 2010 expecting the next The Legend of Zelda game to totally rock my world, but the results... Ugh...

Good showing overall though, was kind of expecting more of Epic Mickey, Iwata parts were boring, and I am fucking furious a Donkey Kong Country revival game looks a billion times better than Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Also no Pikmin 3 for a third time in a row and no word on The Last Story. : <

Guess I am done with Wii now.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 03:16:55 pm »
The Vitality Sensor wasn't missed.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 03:24:32 pm »
I am really worried about Metroid: Other M, considering I've been a Metroid fan since way back Metroid 2, I'm worried the direction they are taking the series in.

Donkey Kong Country looks good, I only got to see part of it, but now that I've seen a lot of it, Retro Studio knows what they are doing.

Also yay at Golden Sun 3!

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 03:48:26 pm »
I'm so glad I'm quitting gaming and I direct that sentiment towards all three conferences. (only one did I bother to watch partly)

Seriously, time to unbitch yourself from this creatively failing industry that has turned into a laughable sham and troll of itself.

Notice the Kevin Butler speech said something about gaming being king and the master?  That is the mentality the marketers want to foster to create a dependency on gaming to substitute for the reality that gaming as an art an entertainment is at an all time low.

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 03:56:19 pm »
the 3DS is fucking nice.
SEG4GES

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 05:00:23 pm »
Zelda was hugely disappointing, Golden Sun DS and Kid Icarus looked great though

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 05:06:45 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Stylista"
I'm so glad I'm quitting gaming and I direct that sentiment towards all three conferences. (only one did I bother to watch partly)

Seriously, time to unbitch yourself from this creatively failing industry that has turned into a laughable sham and troll of itself.

Notice the Kevin Butler speech said something about gaming being king and the master?  That is the mentality the marketers want to foster to create a dependency on gaming to substitute for the reality that gaming as an art an entertainment is at an all time low.

You've been 'quitting gaming' for the last 12 months or something. Are you going to do it or not? It sounds like you just keep saying that for the sake of drama.

I play Video Games for fun and enjoyment, and I'm still having plenty of fun and enjoyment playing them so I don't see any need to quit.

As for Nintendo E3, I didn't stay up to watch the conference, but I was talking to a friend and read this thread, it seems like it blew the hell out of MS's conference (Which wasn't hard). Saw the trailer for the new Icarus, seems fun but nothing amazing in terms of production values. The gameplay looks like it should shine though.

Will have to check out the Epic Mickey and other trailers later on.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 05:44:18 pm »
Man, Donkey Kong Reborn makes me more excited the more I watch the trailer. Looks better than part 3 so far.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 05:55:30 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I am fucking furious a Donkey Kong Country revival game looks a billion times better than Sonic the Hedgehog 4.
You know, even with DKC's gameplay being as average as it is, I can't say that I disagree with your sentiments.

But is DKCR going to be a downloadable title? I know that developers on Wiiware have a harsh size limit for games.

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 06:14:17 pm »
Its a full game.

It'll have tons of levels.

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 06:16:07 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Quote from: "Sega Stylista"

You've been 'quitting gaming' for the last 12 months or something. Are you going to do it or not? It sounds like you just keep saying that for the sake of drama.

I play Video Games for fun and enjoyment, and I'm still having plenty of fun and enjoyment playing them so I don't see any need to quit.

friend, I have made a major divestment of my gaming collection over the past 2 years.  I just got rid of a huge haul of stuff.  I'm down to the essentials now, which is why I made the post about whether I should get rid of DC.  You have to keep in mind that this has been my life for 30 years and it takes time to wind down from something like that.  My game expenses and purchases are down to almost nothing and not watching any of the shows this year marks a big change for me.

If you're still enjoying it that is your deal, though I will say your judgment of whether you time in gaming now was well spent may change when your older.

The only thing I will enforce to you is my belief that the industry is in decline and that you will see that by the sales numbers.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I really think you are going to see that.  Lack of creativity and innovation. . . $400 for motion control gaming to new buyers in a weak economy with high unemployment. .not looking too good.  

I think you will see that decline as soon as the next NPD.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 06:18:51 pm »
Pricing for the move was retarded. But this is about Nintendo's E3. Which I think they hit it out of the ballpark compared to everyone else. They are the only company with the balls to release a 2-D title that focuses on gameplay and not graphics. But not only that, release it as a retail game.