Author Topic: SEGA Puzzle Games - If it doesn't fit, just flip it over!  (Read 165139 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Puzzle Games - If it doesn't fit, just flip it over!
« Reply #660 on: August 12, 2024, 01:10:43 am »
Famitsu Sales: 7/29/24 – 8/4/24

1. [NSW] Powerful Pro Baseball 2024-2025 (Konami, 07/18/24) – 21,392 (223,619)
2. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,694 (5,932,192)
16. [NSW] Dokapon: Sword of Fury (Sting, 08/01/24) – 2,973 (New)
29. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Special Price (SEGA, 11/17/22) – 1,653 (182,101)
30. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo, 10/27/17) – 1,614 (2,496,867)

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2024/08/famitsu-sales-7-29-24-8-4-24

Offline Berto

« Reply #661 on: August 13, 2024, 01:35:25 am »
SEGA Talk #145: Gaming Memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSLNC1P9eY

SEGA Talk takes a detour! This episode we’re trading our blue blur for a trip down memory lane. Join us as we reminisce about our gaming days and explore some non-SEGA classics. Of course, there is still plenty of SEGA games that make it in!

Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2024/08/06/sega-talk-145-gaming-memories/

Offline Berto

« Reply #662 on: August 14, 2024, 01:22:12 am »
PuyoLive Episode 1 - "A Puyo Puyo Premiere!" (Puyo Puyo Puzzle Pop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98pBXrKslk

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #663 on: August 14, 2024, 02:58:55 pm »
Anime characters are always looking like a kid since they got very big sparkly eyes.
yeah but I recall that was the case in the Game Gear game.

Offline Berto

« Reply #664 on: August 16, 2024, 12:16:12 am »
yeah but I recall that was the case in the Game Gear game.

I see. I guess it predates Pokemon on story about throwing kids to the wilds.
Pokemon ... the only series a 10 year old can have a rivalry with an adult woman.

Or a 4 year old even...

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #665 on: August 16, 2024, 12:08:37 pm »
I see. I guess it predates Pokemon on story about throwing kids to the wilds.
Pokemon ... the only series a 10 year old can have a rivalry with an adult woman.

Or a 4 year old even...

My guess it's assumed pokémon will look after the kids. Who needs to worry about gun crime when you have a fire-breathing dragon or a tank-tortoise that shoots high-pressured water?

Offline Berto

« Reply #666 on: August 23, 2024, 01:42:42 am »
My guess it's assumed pokémon will look after the kids. Who needs to worry about gun crime when you have a fire-breathing dragon or a tank-tortoise that shoots high-pressured water?

If Pokémon could replace humans in taking care of kids, then they could replace humans in other jobs too.
And then later, all human jobs will be taken by Pokémon.
Many humans will be jobless and revolution will begin!

Offline Berto

« Reply #667 on: August 23, 2024, 01:43:29 am »
Mizuki Hosoyamada Interview - Puyo Puyo Series Producer (PuyoLive | Puyo Puyo Puzzle Pop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k359PIjnsiQ

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #668 on: August 23, 2024, 06:48:16 am »
If Pokémon could replace humans in taking care of kids, then they could replace humans in other jobs too.
And then later, all human jobs will be taken by Pokémon.
Many humans will be jobless and revolution will begin!
I dunno, a fan theory I've heard is that the relations between human and pokémon are practically a codependence. In the wild, pokémon can grow strong but are limited to their environment and can only grow so strong, but when partnered with a human can exceed their limitations, such learning unique moves or increasing in levels.

So in a way, it's a form of mutualism. Pokémon need humans in order to grow stronger.

Also there are some Pokémon games that outright state humans have married pokémon. In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, the "Sinnoh Folk Story 3", the English version say the Pokémon and humans were so close that they ate at the same table and no real difference while in the Japanese version of the story it said that humans and pokémon used to marry because the two were regarded one in the same.
And in Pokémon Legend: Arceus, there is a love-story between a human and a frosslass told in the style of Yuki-onna. So it's possible for pokémon to disguise themselves as humans in order to trick or seduce humans.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 07:40:01 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #669 on: August 25, 2024, 08:03:23 pm »
I dunno, a fan theory I've heard is that the relations between human and pokémon are practically a codependence. In the wild, pokémon can grow strong but are limited to their environment and can only grow so strong, but when partnered with a human can exceed their limitations, such learning unique moves or increasing in levels.

So in a way, it's a form of mutualism. Pokémon need humans in order to grow stronger.

Also there are some Pokémon games that outright state humans have married pokémon. In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, the "Sinnoh Folk Story 3", the English version say the Pokémon and humans were so close that they ate at the same table and no real difference while in the Japanese version of the story it said that humans and pokémon used to marry because the two were regarded one in the same.
And in Pokémon Legend: Arceus, there is a love-story between a human and a frosslass told in the style of Yuki-onna. So it's possible for pokémon to disguise themselves as humans in order to trick or seduce humans.

Okay, that marriage thing ... this is the first time I heard it.
What's the offspring between a human and  Pokémon?
A human kid or  Pokémon kid?

Offline Berto

« Reply #670 on: August 26, 2024, 12:09:12 am »
Famitsu Sales: 8/12/24 – 8/18/24

1. [NSW] Powerful Pro Baseball 2024-2025 (Konami, 07/18/24) – 16,625 (255,991)
2. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 15,280 (5,962,690)
25. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Special Price (SEGA, 11/17/22) – 2,825 (186,949)
29. [NSW] Princess Peach: Showtime! (Nintendo, 03/22/24) – 2,310 (196,839)

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2024/08/famitsu-sales-8-5-24-8-18-24

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #671 on: August 26, 2024, 09:46:00 pm »
Okay, that marriage thing ... this is the first time I heard it.
What's the offspring between a human and  Pokémon?
A human kid or  Pokémon kid?
It's never stated. On one hand, I presume human genetics is just too different from pokémon genetics to be recognised. On the other hand almost all pokémon are egg-laying pokémon, the rest simply non-binary or unable to reproduce.

A fan theory of mine is that in the world of pokémon there are no regular animals. Pokémon are the animals though some more advance than others. (I've heard various fan theories that pokémon originated from the moon or that Mew is the progenitor pokémon.)
If it's true, that would explain why humans and pokémon share a world as sole lifeforms. (though "pokérus" is often described as a microscopic lifeform than boost a pokémons health than harm it, so it could be possible the world of Pokémon is shared with other non-pokémon lifeforms.)

As I mentioned before, pokémon and humans have likely an evolved mutualism. It's why humans can't shoot lasers from their mouths like pokémon nor you can't find a Level 100 pikachu in the wilds because pokémon can only grow as strong by themselves. But once partnered with a human, they can exceed their strengths and abilities.
I don't know much on in-lore Pokémon history on how long humans and pokémon have been training together, Pokemon history shows pokémon and humans co-existing for at least 10,000 years. But it could be possible pokemon recognise humans for their higher intelligence, which is why pokémon seem rather chill and quick to co-operate with humans after capture as if it's natural for them.

Offline Berto

« Reply #672 on: August 26, 2024, 11:06:57 pm »
It's never stated. On one hand, I presume human genetics is just too different from pokémon genetics to be recognised. On the other hand almost all pokémon are egg-laying pokémon, the rest simply non-binary or unable to reproduce.

A fan theory of mine is that in the world of pokémon there are no regular animals. Pokémon are the animals though some more advance than others. (I've heard various fan theories that pokémon originated from the moon or that Mew is the progenitor pokémon.)
If it's true, that would explain why humans and pokémon share a world as sole lifeforms. (though "pokérus" is often described as a microscopic lifeform than boost a pokémons health than harm it, so it could be possible the world of Pokémon is shared with other non-pokémon lifeforms.)

As I mentioned before, pokémon and humans have likely an evolved mutualism. It's why humans can't shoot lasers from their mouths like pokémon nor you can't find a Level 100 pikachu in the wilds because pokémon can only grow as strong by themselves. But once partnered with a human, they can exceed their strengths and abilities.
I don't know much on in-lore Pokémon history on how long humans and pokémon have been training together, Pokemon history shows pokémon and humans co-existing for at least 10,000 years. But it could be possible pokemon recognise humans for their higher intelligence, which is why pokémon seem rather chill and quick to co-operate with humans after capture as if it's natural for them.

I see. That explains when there are Pokémon that have the same intellegence as human, they're not willing to co-operate right away.
Especially if the Pokémon is smarter than the average human.
Mewtwo being the example.

Offline Berto

« Reply #673 on: August 27, 2024, 12:08:56 am »
"Puyo Puyo Quest" x "SPY×FAMILY" anime collaboration starts tomorrow!

Puyo Quest x "SPY×FAMILY collaboration incoming 🎉
During this period, if you log in to Puyo Quest, you will receive a total of 50 "Magic Stones" 💎
The collaboration event will be held from August 28th 💡

Link : https://puyopuyoquest.sega-net.com/collabo/puyo_spy-family/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #674 on: August 27, 2024, 08:10:41 pm »
I see. That explains when there are Pokémon that have the same intellegence as human, they're not willing to co-operate right away.
Especially if the Pokémon is smarter than the average human.
Mewtwo being the example.

True. Humans seem to regard themselves a seperate species from pokémon in general, even if some pokémon seem advance or different from one another.
What's even more confusing is extraterrestrial pokémon, as in aliens from other planets that arrive on Pokémon Earth are treated no different from other Pokémon. I mean, they could have biology completely different from all known flora and fauna, but if it can fit in a pokeball, it's a pokemon!