Author Topic: Segas lack of conferences sucks.  (Read 18332 times)

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Segas lack of conferences sucks.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 08:10:26 pm »
This E3 blows, and especially Sega. NOTHING new from them. What a waste. I was hoping for SOMETHING. Lame.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 08:42:34 pm »
Quote from: "Mengels7"
This E3 blows, and especially Sega. NOTHING new from them. What a waste. I was hoping for SOMETHING. Lame.

Well, they did unveil Sonic Free Riders.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 08:46:36 pm »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"

Well, they did unveil Sonic Free Riders.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 09:03:25 pm »
I hope to see more of Sonic Free Riders in action, if done right it could be a lot of fun.

Anyways, from the videos I've seen it looks like Sega had an awesome booth. I wish I could have been there to check out all the fabulous titles.  8-)
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 09:18:08 pm »
People say that Sega's booth is very good. Vanquish is very popular.
Problem is that unless you're there you really don't get anything. Sega should at least put some video montages online or something.
SEG4GES

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 09:45:33 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
God I wish Sega would start having conferences at E3 again... It’s conferences that build the brand recognition, as well as show off the games. I feel every E3 Sega drags their knuckles and limps around releasing a few bits of game play here and there relying on people at the event to show off their games for them via shaky cam videos on youtube.

If Konami can do it, If Ubisoft and Capcom can do it... Sega sure as hell can do it. It isn't as if they haven't got anything to show.

If Sega had gone up on stage and shown off their current E3 line up I'm SURE it would have gone down very well. Vanquish, Sonic Colours, Shogun 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Yakuza 4, Valkryia Chronicles 2, Sonic 4 etc... Could have been good for Segas pretty poor current reputation.

Sure conferences cost money but the ends justify the means.

I'm tired of Sega being content with just existing, limping along like a lame duck publisher, it's depressing.

I agree with everthing you've said. Everthing!

Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Agreed. This was their strongest third party year in a LONG time and it called for a big show. They definitely would have outdone UbiSoft.

I believ Ubisoft's conference was great. It would be easy to outdone Microsoft or EA, but not Ubisot IMO.

Quote from: "Sharky"
Their biggest game (well I think it should be their biggest game) leaked all over the internet before release. They keep leaking everything. How can they surprise anyone?
I don't even think they need to surpise anyone, I mean it would be good but it isnt needed. I just think Sega needs to make a big deal out of their games they have a great line up this E3 and they are doing very little to promote them. They should be boasting about it, showing it off...

Have some fat pie faced tool like Reggie standing on a stage saying every sentance in short five word bursts to try and drum up some fake hype that seems to work...

That kind of shit.

Quote from: "Dr. SEGA Monkey"
Well Gamespot is having a live SEGA booth tour today. And tomorrow they're gonna go in-depth on Sonic 4 and Valkyria Chronicles 2.

http://http://e3.gamespot.com/e3-live-schedule/#live_schedule

So that's something, right?

Well yeah but that isnt Sega, they are simply waiting for Gamespot to do their dirty work.

Again, I agree with you!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 10:35:12 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
People say that Sega's booth is very good. Vanquish is very popular.
Problem is that unless you're there you really don't get anything. Sega should at least put some video montages online or something.

Yeah I was really hoping for some professionally done trailers and gameplay footage from Sega.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 06:54:57 am »

Yes its one of the worst E3 I can ever remember . SEGA to be fair had a nice safe and rock solid showing . But the trouble is its never going to be headline news or a conference maker until some of the old SEGA magic sparks back into action.

You know until SEGA make a  Multi Platform SOA II with the Canvan engine , a Shenmue III or Ueda-san makes his next SEGA game , a eye popping PSU full on NextGen sequel . SEGA really aren't going to hit the headlines . Stuff like that is what really needed to get people excited and talking about SEGA again .

What the press want to see, is really what the gaming public and the SEGA fans want to see, and that SEGA Japan making some Big games for the next generation . Sadly that isn't SAMMY Current plan.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 07:45:06 am »
Alpha Protocol gave us more trailers than this years E3 has! Crazy...

...Taxi.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 09:15:17 am »
It's all about Sega DNA guys.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 09:44:59 am »
More like SEGA NDA.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2010, 11:23:46 am »
I just watched the video of Gamespot booth's tour. The guy was an unprofessional douche.

It's funny the talk about keeping the "Average Joe" public out of E3, but this honestly was embarrassing and even oogles the booth girls at one point.

From an outsiders perspective, it's hard to take Sega seriously when they get treated this poorly by major gaming news media outlets.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 11:27:57 am »
Indeed...
It's sad to see Sega is losing 'territory' to publishers like Ubisoft and Konami...

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 11:36:35 am »
Yea, Ubisoft's new breathing simulator is going to sell like teh shit! :D
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2010, 11:55:51 am »
E3 pretty much established what a lot of people in the industry have been worried about for a while.

The endgame (Pun intended) is amongst us, for the game industry, who will go bust and who will survive, it is only a matter of time.