Author Topic: Segas lack of conferences sucks.  (Read 18333 times)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Re: Segas lack of conferences sucks.
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:06 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
I just watched the video of Gamespot booth's tour. The guy was an unprofessional douche.

It's funny the talk about keeping the "Average Joe" public out of E3, but this honestly was embarrassing and even oogles the booth girls at one point.

From an outsiders perspective, it's hard to take Sega seriously when they get treated this poorly by major gaming news media outlets.

He really was a big jerk. He completely skipped all the PSP games, Shogun 2, and had no idea what he was talking about when he was looking at the other games. He seemed the most interested in Vanquish but that is probably because it's a shooter.  :roll:
I hope Gamespot never hires this guy again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 12:26:33 pm »
I thought it was common sense by now that Gamespot is biased against Sega. It has been since like 2004.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 05:04:08 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
E3 pretty much established what a lot of people in the industry have been worried about for a while.

The endgame (Pun intended) is amongst us, for the game industry, who will go bust and who will survive, it is only a matter of time.

Eastside, stop hacking into Aki-at's account and making him say silly things.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 07:42:09 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
E3 pretty much established what a lot of people in the industry have been worried about for a while.

The endgame (Pun intended) is amongst us, for the game industry, who will go bust and who will survive, it is only a matter of time.

I made Aki say that because it's true. This industry is stale and sickens me to my stomach.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 10:49:38 am »
I thought it was common sense by now that Gamespot is biased against Sega. It has been since like 2004.

He completely skipped all the PSP games, Shogun 2, and had no idea what he was talking about when he was looking at the other games. He seemed the most interested in Vanquish but that is probably because it's a shooter.  
I hope Gamespot never hires this guy again.

Can we just stop this everyone hates SEGA everyone is against them . Its really hard to get people excited over PSP game, given the format is half dead on its feet over in the West (thanks to Piracy) . PC well no many get excited over PC games these days , thanks to the power needed to run the latest games , and gain issue with Piracy .

No-one is talking about SEGA because their showing is as dull as dishwater , The world class leading Tech , the unmatched Artistry and Vision gone. SEGA Japan needs to get people talking about it for the best reasons .

A Multi Platform Val II using the Canvas Tech would have got the fans talking, a A multi Platform Shenmue III  would have gotten the whole of the E3 and the Internet going mad , PSO next gen would have got people talking  maybe even a REZ II might have spared interest.  We just got none of that , That's the issue here , it how poor, how lame, how dull  SEGA Japan really are at the moment.

I'm getting so very sick of saying next E3 will be different , next Tokyo game show is when you see the BIG stuff . Its just not happing, No sign of Ueda_san game , no hope bar some hopes of Sonic Team back on track or the ever reliable AM#2

I Hate Sammy with a passion, they've all but killed SEGA.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 11:03:12 am »
Can't Sega just break up with Sammy or it doesn't work that way?
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2010, 11:11:13 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

I made Aki say that because it's true. This industry is stale and sickens me to my stomach.

I made Aki say this because from what I've seen it's true. The industry is in a downwards spiral and this will continue to occur and the money will continue to be lost.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2010, 12:11:00 pm »
Sega Japan really needs to release some big games. Valkyria Chronicles (original) was a great start... but then it kind of trailed off again. I mean AAA multiplatform HD games... The Yakuza games while I really enjoy them every time. I want something NEW.

I agree with TA, a new Skies of Arcadia on the Canvas engine would be the most fantastic thing I can think of... Or the next big PSO or Shenmue... or Jet Set Radio... etc... the games you know everyone is asking for.
Made by SEGA

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2010, 01:09:39 pm »
I think the Dreamcast digital releases could very well be setting the stage for those types of new games.  It seems to have worked quite well so far for Virtual On.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2010, 01:51:46 pm »
I think also there must be had some issues with the new announcements, since we know that Nagoshi is working, at least, in 2 new IPs for the West. There is also a new Phantasy Star game, a new Sawada game and some more that Sega has not officially announced yet.

Probably Sega had no time to announce them at this E3. Sega is now giving more time to developers makes their games, and this is good.

I just hate how Sega make their announcements, without any hype. They always announce new titles from nowhere; never at these big events...

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2010, 01:54:13 pm »
Who needs conferences when you got Dreamcast t-shirts?

From UK:R

Is September when Sega will start pouring out DC games on PSN/XBLA?
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2010, 02:08:51 pm »
I consider it a hidden blessing:

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2010, 02:49:54 pm »
I think SEGA just needs to make more good partnerships like with Platinum Games. Remember the excitement on gaming sites when MADWORLD and Bayonetta were announced? Everyone was talking so positively about SEGA. It was something I hadn't seen in years.

They could get companies like Platinum Games to make games based on old SEGA franchises. Like how Team Ninja is doing Metroid Other M.

Because right now, it seems that the internal teams don't have as much freedom anymore.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 02:54:41 pm »
There are rumors about Sega using Platinum to make new games based on old Sega IPs.

But, wait, they have not yet finished their first deal, and people wants more  :P  One game takes years to become finished. Especially these ones with high budget.

We have just to wait. That's all OK with Sega. We have also AAA(tri-Ace). I'm sure they are doing something new right now.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2010, 05:20:48 pm »
I remember I was saying a while back that Sega should make a big huge deal out of ressurrecting an old IP like Skies or JSR. Most people just said 'lol no they were flops u retord' but I think that if they pulled it out at E3/TGS and made a big huge trailer, got the word out to EVERYONE on the internet, the hype machine would take off.

It would be better than just having some shaky cam footage of IGN guys playing Yakuza 4 at least, like seriously there wasn't even an english trailer what the fucking hell Sega?