Author Topic: Sonic Adventure & Crazy Taxi XBLA/PSN suck a lot apparently  (Read 60269 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Sonic Adventure & Crazy Taxi XBLA/PSN suck a lot apparently
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2010, 02:00:20 pm »
I actually like having the game in a square. Go figures. I'd like to have the option at least.

But roll with me here.. They are already struggling with something as draw distance, with widescreen it would only get worse.
I'm not defending sloppy work. They should get it right! But as things are, maybe it's for the best. I certainly don't mind..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2010, 02:06:22 pm »
We're still months away from release and it's too much of a glitch to be overlooked by Microsoft's QA. It'll be fixed.

hopefully

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2010, 05:34:48 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
The game isn't due till september but unfortunately they've already moved on to work on the next games, can't we recreate enough of rockus to force them to fix this stuff. If you guys really care about it start a petiton start mailing fake gold rings to Sega's office in an effort to fix the game and add the next gen features they deserve?

I'm going to protest with my wallet, and not buy either of these games, or any others until they get it right.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2010, 05:40:04 pm »
I don't get this.. Don't you guys already have these exact games for the Dreamcast?
SEG4GES

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2010, 06:01:37 pm »
Widescreen and a proper graphical facelift (among major camera work) would make me buy Sonic Adventure again, despite having 100% on the Dreamcast version.

It's too bad that Sega wants to go for the cheap dollar yet again, ruining their nearly non-existant reputation.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2010, 06:02:44 pm »
I'll be avoiding Crazy Taxi, due to the music being MIA, but will be getting SA1 despite owning the DC version. Mostly I want to play it out of curiosity to see what changed and to see if the promise of 60fps holds up. Also, achievements would give me a reason to play through the game again.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2010, 06:10:20 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
I don't get this.. Don't you guys already have these exact games for the Dreamcast?

Yes, but I do re-buy games on XBLA if I like them for a few reasons.
- Convenience of having them on the HDD to play anytime
- Achievements/Leaderboards add new challenges to try out
- Enhanced Graphics are sometimes really nice

In this case though, the originals look far superior in just about every way, so I'll be skipping these.

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2010, 06:22:30 pm »
You can also get widescreen for the Dreamcast version of SA using an emulator:

[youtube:2ouiest9]FPfxKDMMAso[/youtube:2ouiest9]

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2010, 06:31:02 pm »
^^^More proof Sonic Team is the most incompetent big videogame developer in the world. :)

I think these Dreamcast releases on downloadable services might be a new low in SEGA screwing up basic shit that is hard to ruin. I am extremely scared to see what they might do to Shenmue and Chu Chu Rocket...

I'll be avoiding Crazy Taxi, due to the music being MIA, but will be getting SA1 despite owning the DC version. Mostly I want to play it out of curiosity to see what changed and to see if the promise of 60fps holds up. Also, achievements would give me a reason to play through the game again.

You can get the GameCube or PC versions for less than $5 now with all of the extra features that will be added in for more money, man. The latter has all kinds of mods for it now, too.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2010, 07:50:42 pm »
Is Sonic Team even handling the port though? I think it's pretty unfair to rag on them when it probably was SEGA proper that enlisted Yosuke Okunari.

Analogy: Ghostbusters, directed by Ivan Reitman, is owned and distrusted by Columbia Pictures. While Ivan Reitman created the film, Columbia Pictures can rerelease it whenever they want. Now lets say Columbia Pictures, with little to no input from Ivan Reitman, releases a shoddy full frame DVD of Ghostbusters. Do you blame Reitman or do you blame Columbia?

Blame SEGA and Okunari if you have to place blame.

You can get the GameCube or PC versions for less than $5 now with all of the extra features that will be added in for more money, man. The latter has all kinds of mods for it now, too.

So either a $10-$15 DL title for a console that I already own, or $30+ for a system plus game plus memory card to play a single title? I'd prefer a DL version, thanks. Also, who plays video games on their computer?

... oh right.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2010, 08:38:35 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Is Sonic Team even handling the port though? I think it's pretty unfair to rag on them when it probably was SEGA proper that enlisted Yosuke Okunari.

Analogy: Ghostbusters, directed by Ivan Reitman, is owned and distrusted by Columbia Pictures. While Ivan Reitman created the film, Columbia Pictures can rerelease it whenever they want. Now lets say Columbia Pictures, with little to no input from Ivan Reitman, releases a shoddy full frame DVD of Ghostbusters. Do you blame Reitman or do you blame Columbia?

Blame SEGA and Okunari if you have to place blame.

SEGA Hong Kong are behind the port, but Sonic Team is overlooking it and probably forced them to use the DX models as well.

Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
So either a $10-$15 DL title for a console that I already own, or $30+ for a system plus game plus memory card to play a single title? I'd prefer a DL version, thanks. Also, who plays video games on their computer?

The GameCube and PC versions actually play alright though, everything we have seen of the Xbox Live Arcade release are extremely mixed, or just play the good release of the game you own on the Dreamcast.

I do not think this is that big of a deal, but there are almost no additions to the DX release outside of Mission Mode, the Game Gear titles (which will not be in the downloadable versions, I am certain), some extremely minor texture changes (mostly for the characters) and Metal Sonic for the Sonic stages which literally changes nothing with the game anyways, outside of looking kind of neat. You should save that money for something important like Orbitz, a softdrink from 1997 that was only released in Canada that tasted alright but looked so cool.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2010, 08:42:35 pm »
Also, who plays video games on their computer?

REAL gamers do.  :P
Although seriously, if you don't play PC games at all, you're missing out on some of the greatest games ever made in the history of the world.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2010, 08:54:27 pm »
Sega should just fuck this shit.
They are releasing these games one by one as if they were new games. That's bullshit. Just have something like "DREAMCOLLECTION" and a DC emulator running the games AS IS.
No bullshit. I'd rather have a glitch or two here and there than hear everyone complain about this not being better than the originals. Just put them as is without any modifications whatsoever. Like what Sony does with PSX games.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2010, 09:21:24 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Sega should just fuck this shit.
They are releasing these games one by one as if they were new games. That's bullshit. Just have something like "DREAMCOLLECTION" and a DC emulator running the games AS IS.
No bullshit. I'd rather have a glitch or two here and there than hear everyone complain about this not being better than the originals. Just put them as is without any modifications whatsoever. Like what Sony does with PSX games.
I could dig that.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2010, 12:38:00 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
^^^More proof Sonic Team is the most incompetent big videogame developer in the world. :)

I think these Dreamcast releases on downloadable services might be a new low in SEGA screwing up basic shit that is hard to ruin. I am extremely scared to see what they might do to Shenmue and Chu Chu Rocket...

Sonic Team will have little to do with the porting, other than approving the use of their IP . The 4.3 is one of those issues that happens , like with Duke Nukem, Soul Calibur, Doom, REZ (in standard mode)  and lots of other Live Arcade , where we can all say ,Ohh it should be so easy to add Widescreen mode. I think at some points Sonic Adv doubles the vertical Res too, which may also cause some issues. Some games would need to be remade to enable Widescreen support like with REZ

Issues over CT are completely out of SEGA control, and no SEGA is not going to pay lots of money, re-licensing Music tracks or bloody Pizza Hunt, for a cheap Live Arcade game.  Yes we can all save money , and still play the DC version, though I wouldn't say the Cube version will be cheaper than the LIVE, as GameCube is becoming very collectable.

That's missing the point of all this . This is for people that long since sold their classic consoles or games, or simply don't want the hassle or mess of still having all their classic consoles set up

That's what SEGA is doing for the most part. But Microsoft do have lots of rules for X-Box Live Arcade games. All must support gamer points, 720p modes ECT . They also rule on when games can go up on LIVE Arcade, what Emu can be used  Sony are very picky too, on matters like that .

And how many PS2 games have SONY put up on PSN?. Lets not compare what SONY is doing with 32 bit games to that of Dreamcast games.

Don't like it, don't buy the games. Me I think its great, and can't play to play the like of Sonic Adv and hope the likes of JSR follow suite
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure