Author Topic: New age changes to Sonic the Hedgehog we actually like  (Read 11717 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
New age changes to Sonic the Hedgehog we actually like
« on: June 30, 2010, 03:56:10 pm »
I think it is best to make something like this or else people like Sharky will just never try to think of a real argument and think we are all always just trying to be 'nitpicky'.

You can all join in and say new things you like, the only rules are that you have to be certain it was a design change after the franchises' last major artistic overhaul with Sonic Adventure.

-I like the colored eyes of the characters. I think it adds to all of their personalities and they usually are meshed well with the characters main colors. Most of the characters barely have any personality anymore, but these are always done well IMO.

-I like how all of the characters outside of Rouge and robots bend their arms and legs like rubber instead of normal appendages. I think it looks nice and is an interesting touch.

-I like most of their voices outside of the scenes when they have to talk about serious stuff. While I would prefer them not talk at all, I think most of the voices chosen are goofy still and work with the characters personalities pretty well, usually.

-I like how most releases in the series try a lot of new ideas. While they almost never work, I appreciate that they try, even if sometimes it is hard to tell if I am even playing a Sonic game anymore.

-I like that most of the characters get their own kind of style of music for their levels, it is a neat touch.

-I like ranking system they use in the games now. It has never really been good at all since Sonic Adventure 2, but I still like that it is there!

I might have some more later if I can think of some other stuff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: New age changes to Sonic the Hedgehog we actually like
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:13:35 pm »
-I like how demographic researched game design has replaced Sonic's old counter-culture soul and created with modern Sonic a useful tool for pedophiles and children who will grow up to be one.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:50:19 pm »
I like how insanely fast the 3D games can get. (and yes, I know I argue this breaks gameplay... well it didn't in Adventure)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:51:22 pm by Orta »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:51:16 pm »
-I like how in Sonic06 Sonic's spikes are longer to show how mature he is now.

-I like how Sonic now bangs princesses and shit.

(wait. it's not a sarcasm thread?)
SEG4GES

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 04:56:22 pm »
I would say I've liked a lot of the changes for the modern games, some are better than others, but aside from the characters having potty mouths in the Shadow the Hedgehog game I can't think of anything I dislike.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 06:17:34 pm »
We, more like I!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 06:30:17 pm »
I actually like how Sonic's eyes are green.
I also thought Sonic's SOAP shoes were great in Sonic Adventure 2.
SEG4GES

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:18:38 am »
I like that the Super Sonic bits are built into the story, and not just a reward for going out of your way to beat bonus stages.
Except in Heroes and the portable games.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 01:55:14 am »
Basically everything in Sonic Unleasheds Sonic Model was perfect. The classic Sonic model was likeable for the time but the new one is miles better looking as far as character design goes.

There were some shitty ones in the middle though... His Sonic Aventure 2, Sonic Heroes and Sonic 06 ones were pretty terrible.

Also good way to start the thread... You complaining about Sonics mouth being where it has always been was CLEARLY not nitpicking. What was I thinking! It's so important to the flow of the game and such.
Made by SEGA

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 02:27:45 am »
I like Shadow The Hedgehog, he is the Ken Masters if Sonic is Ryu or maybe the other way aroung as Sonic is faster than Shadow.

I like Princess Elise, she's better than Amy.

I liked the Kick/Slide they introduced in Sonic 06 it was better than the roll from Sonic Adventure 2 as it was faster.

I like the Light Speed Dash it was especially alot of fun in the Mach speed segments of Sonic 06.

I like the Homing attack in 3D.

For now this is enough.

Offline ribbitking17

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 02:33:39 am »
chao's can be fun

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 03:30:37 am »
Chaos. Everyone Seems to like Chaos.
Blaze the Cat is the best new character since Knuckles. Fuck Shadow.
I love the Rush and Advance series.
Secret Rings was good.
I agree that the Unleashed model is the best.
They finally got Sonic in 3-D right with Unleashed and Colors.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 05:12:33 am »
I HATE BLAZE.
Shadow was pretty fresh when he was introduced.
I think the best models were the Sonic Adventure 2 ones. They were very nicely textured as well. Sonic Heroes has god awful textures, Sonic 06 has terrible models. Sonic Unleashed is very very good, but I liked the items you'd collect with the characters in SA2.
Sonic Adventure 2 is Sonic's best 3D game. I liked the rail grinding they added. It was a pain at first, but when you get used to it it's very fun.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 07:19:08 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"
I HATE BLAZE.
Shadow was pretty fresh when he was introduced.
I think the best models were the Sonic Adventure 2 ones. They were very nicely textured as well. Sonic Heroes has god awful textures, Sonic 06 has terrible models. Sonic Unleashed is very very good, but I liked the items you'd collect with the characters in SA2.
Sonic Adventure 2 is Sonic's best 3D game. I liked the rail grinding they added. It was a pain at first, but when you get used to it it's very fun.

Not sure how Shadow was even fresh it's just a bloody Sonic recolour and the same shitty anti hero personality from every Anime EVER MADE, EVER.

No, Sonics model in SA2 would have been ALRIGHT if Sonic didnt have such stupid shoes that look like sports trainers. Sonic shoes are very character iconic don't go chaning them.

Which makes Sonic Unleashes model STILL the best.

Urm... In my opinion.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 08:29:27 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Not sure how Shadow was even fresh it's just a bloody Sonic recolour and the same shitty anti hero personality from every Anime EVER MADE, EVER.

No, Sonics model in SA2 would have been ALRIGHT if Sonic didnt have such stupid shoes that look like sports trainers. Sonic shoes are very character iconic don't go chaning them.

Which makes Sonic Unleashes model STILL the best.

Urm... In my opinion.
If you want you can even argue that Sonic Adventure 2 somehow ripped off Jekyll and Hyde. That's not the point. The point is it was nicely implemented into the plot, which was both serious and lighthearted at the same time.

I liked the shoes.
In fact, most people I used to play the game with used to say they were a great design change. I'm not a purist. I don't really care about what his shoes look like, but those trainers looked darn nice (marketing plot aside).

Sonic Unleashed's Sonic is also shorter.

humm.. in my opinion.
SEG4GES