Author Topic: Amusements For All !!! - JOYPOLIS, SEGA Amusement, Arcade Centers, etc Thread  (Read 87677 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Amusements For All !!! - JOYPOLIS, SEGA Amusement, Arcade Centers, etc Thread
« Reply #435 on: September 12, 2024, 08:34:43 pm »
SEGAbits Presents Arcade Adventure 3: Arcade meetup at Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield, IL on November 2, 2024

For those unaware, Galloping Ghost Arcade is HUGE. Want to play The House of the Dead 1 through 4? How about Monkey Ball with that ridiculous banana joystick? Or maybe you’ve always wanted to play SegaSonic the Hedgehog starring Sonic, Ray and Mighty? They have all those, plus nearly every super scaler game, Sonic the Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Fantasy Zone, Ghost Squad, L.A. Machineguns, Gunblade NY, Shinobi, Altered Beast, The Revenge of Death Adder, All-Stars Racing, and many, many, many more! Heck I’m just naming off a handful of the SEGA titles. There are OVER 1,000 games!
This event requires no advance ticketing or advance access, simply show up to the arcade and pay them $25 for all day play. The arcade is open from 11am to 2pm the following day, and you are free to come and go as you please – just hang on to that receipt. The meetup will take place between 1:30pm and 6:30pm and will feature impromptu tournaments, arcade and world record attempts and the chance to meet and hang out with ...

Event details here: https://segabits.com/blog/2024/09/12/segabits-presents-arcade-adventure-3-arcade-meetup-at-galloping-ghost-arcade-in-brookfield-il-on-november-2-2024/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Amusements For All !!! - JOYPOLIS, SEGA Amusement, Arcade Centers, etc Thread
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2024, 02:16:52 pm »
I remember awhile back you posted that virtual tour of a Sega arcade.
Take a Virtual Tour of SEGA’s Retro Game Floor in Akihabara

Article : https://www.segadriven.com/2021/08/take-a-virtual-tour-of-segas-retro-game-floor-in-akihabara/
Do you know where I can get decent 360° panoramas of either Sonic-themed arcades or locations, or panorama's from Sonic games?
(Preferably free-use if possible.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 10:47:33 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #437 on: September 17, 2024, 01:37:09 am »
I remember awhile back you posted that virtual tour of a Sega arcade.Do you know where I can get decent 360° panoramas of either Sonic-themed arcades or locations, or panorama's from Sonic games?
(Preferably free-use if possible.)

By "decent", you meant like this one?

https://www.pinsane.com/pinorama/events/MJ_09/kr/michael_jackson_arcade_entry.html

I'm sorry I don't know any for Sonic-related now.
I did remember seeing some back then but I can't recall where do I watched them before.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #438 on: September 17, 2024, 10:28:57 am »
By "decent", you meant like this one?

https://www.pinsane.com/pinorama/events/MJ_09/kr/michael_jackson_arcade_entry.html

I'm sorry I don't know any for Sonic-related now.
I did remember seeing some back then but I can't recall where do I watched them before.
That link doesn't work for me.

But thanks. Let me know if you come across any. I'm after a sort of "Sonic game room" vibe of sorts.

If beggars can be choosers, the ideal panorama I am after would be something of the likes of:
* The Resistance HQ war room.
* The Sonic suite from Alton Towers.
* A Sega arcade heavy on the Sonic motif. (I did consider somewhere here, but dunno if I can use Google photodomes.)
* Yesterday's Sonic museum.
* A generic place in Green Hill Zone.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 02:59:55 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #439 on: September 18, 2024, 12:01:57 am »
That link doesn't work for me.

But thanks. Let me know if you come across any. I'm after a sort of "Sonic game room" vibe of sorts.

If beggars can be choosers, the ideal panorama I am after would be something of the likes of:
* The Resistance HQ war room.
* The Sonic suite from Alton Towers.
* A Sega arcade heavy on the Sonic motif. (I did consider somewhere here, but dunno if I can use Google photodomes.)
* Yesterday's Sonic museum.
* A generic place in Green Hill Zone.

Those are solid pick.
If I might add one, I want to see Sonic Stadium in Joypolis Hongkong too.

Also I remember seing 360° panorama of recreation of Green Hills in minecraft style back then (kinda like in Minecraft's Sonic DLC), but I can't remember where I've seen it.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #440 on: September 19, 2024, 07:56:08 am »
Those are solid pick.
If I might add one, I want to see Sonic Stadium in Joypolis Hongkong too.

Also I remember seing 360° panorama of recreation of Green Hills in minecraft style back then (kinda like in Minecraft's Sonic DLC), but I can't remember where I've seen it.
Hong Kong's Joypolis does not offer any interior views in Google Maps, so I can't explore it for myself.

It's hard googling "Sega Panorama" as I keep ending up with Panorama Cotton.

Offline Berto

Offline Berto

Hong Kong's Joypolis does not offer any interior views in Google Maps, so I can't explore it for myself.

It's hard googling "Sega Panorama" as I keep ending up with Panorama Cotton.

Yeah, I tried to google sega 360° too but it showed up R360 and G-Loc instead.