Author Topic: Shenmue Dojo redesigned  (Read 8808 times)

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Shenmue Dojo redesigned
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 01:15:43 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Counter argument Shenmue is Ryo Hazuki, Sonic gameplay isn't found S&SAR but Sonic & Company are does that rule it out as a Sonic game as well?

Ummm...do you consider it a Sonic game?

It isn't like that game had Goro or Megumi representing Shenmue it is Ryo Hazuki himself featuring voice of Corey Marshall and assets from the orignal Shenmue games.

But Shenmue is not the full game. If Ryo was the only character and the title was "Ryo All - Stars Racing and had only Shenmue characters and tracks, then I'd see your point.

Do you discredit Segata Sanshiro's appearence in Rent a Hero?

No...but do you consider Rent A Hero a Segata Sanshiro game because of it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 09:49:46 am »
Well you have successfully convinced me that Ryo is not the heart and soul of Sega Racing.

But the absence of Sega Racing was just to illustrate my point that changes in Shenmue Dojo remain cosmetic, and the website needs to update the articles, their is more content of Shenmue-Online in the forums by the developers and Adam Doree of Kikizo then there is in the preview page.

Also it would've been nice if S&SAR was acknowledged but yes it isn't the primary focus of the website.

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 02:00:21 am »
I agree, they need to update their articles...but those news events happened before the new staff took over, so it'd be pointless to have them as headlining stories on the main page.

Eventually, I have no doubt they'd bring them onto the site.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 06:14:05 am »
Here's a fun feature:

I think the first two games were a waste of time. I think the first one probably killed whatever hope the Dreamcast had of succeeding, that’s how big a waste of time it was. So why would I want a sequel, you ask? Well, simply put, it’s so they can finish the story and I can stop listening to people bitch about wanting the sequel. Wrap up every loose end, kill the baddie and ask for sailors, bankrupt Sega AGAIN and then move on.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2010/06/07/sh ... stay-dead/

Fun in the sense it is written by Dum Fucks, one of the writers suggest that Yakuza/Shenmue are similar so just make a cross over. Clearly the writer didn't play Shenmue cause comparing it to Yakuza is like comparing Bruce Campbell's Alien Apocalypse with Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds.

How can anyone compare such a dumbed down simplistic game engine of Yakuza to a reality simular engine of Shenmue, it is baffling.

These die hard gamers didn't even acknowledge Shenmue-Online instead 2 out of 4 people are proposing dum ass ideas for Spin-Off's.

It is amazing how somebody proclaiming to be DieHard Game Fans don't even know the basics and do people hounestly think that people want Shenmue 3 for the Cliched storyline?

The characters in the game our important and their journey would be fun to experience but only if your controlling it cause it is the experience that I'm in for not the ultimate stand off between Lan-Di and Ryo cause it's fairly obvious it will end in a very cliched way.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 09:19:59 am »
Just ignore it Cube. Its just morons trying to come up with articles that will cause people to take offense and will generate hits for them... I see it all the time.

It's a no name site nobody gives a shit about trying to drum up attention by being controversial.

Honestly the best thing you can do is ignore it.
Made by SEGA

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 10:12:33 am »
It is amazing how somebody proclaiming to be DieHard Game Fans don't even know the basics and do people hounestly think that people want Shenmue 3 for the Cliched storyline?

Yes. The gameplay itself is dated and terrible.  It would need a ridiculous overhaul to still seem impressive today.  I've been trying to get friends into Shenmue and all they do is ask why it is so boring and how come the voice acting is so hilariously awful and ask what you do.  I went back and started to play it again and I realized I only like it for the same reason I still like Sonic Adventure: I like a little meat between the cut scenes.  The gameplay is just so-so.  Shenmue the Movie doesn't cut it though since the story just seems so rushed at that point.  You gotta have that slow as balls gameplay in between.  I just want to know what happens to Ryo and the gang.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 10:31:18 am »
...which is especially dissappointing because Shenmue-Online developers came to the forum and explained why the game was canned.

I can't find this, but I'd very much like to read it!

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 12:12:24 pm »
Good luck finding it, before the redesign the news archive had a link to it, but digging through the forums would be quite boring.

That is why I am dissapointed in the redesign, their forum members have contributed so much to Shenmue Database, yet the main articles haven't added any of the information in.

But here's the jist of it the developer discusses the lack of involvement of Yu Suzuki and over all lack of guidance by people in charge, and broken channels of communications.

The developer also felt extremly sad for several of his colleagues who were passionate about the project and clocked in alot of overtime to make the demoes and videos for the press and trying overall very hard to design the game, in the end all their efforts were worthless as the game was destined to never see the light of day.