Author Topic: Shining Force III all scenarios for 315 yen!!!?! and more!  (Read 7812 times)

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
Shining Force III all scenarios for 315 yen!!!?! and more!
« on: August 04, 2010, 10:49:18 pm »
I haven't made my rounds to my local BookOff and HardOff recycle centers in a few months and I was surprised to find some cheap Saturn and Dreamcast games.

I got all the Shining Force III scenarios for 100 yen each along with DOA2 and RE:Code Veronica for 100 yen each also.

I sold off Shining Force III Scenario II before I left for Japan 3 years ago and have regretted it ever day since. But now that I've found the holy grail of Saturn games (for me) once again, I'm in a euphoric state!

All discs, cases, and manuals were in near mint condition. I couldn't imagine a better pull than this. So totally stoked.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Shining Force III all scenarios for 315 yen!!!?! and more!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:07:04 am »
Outstanding finds!

I am always so surprised to see people get games like these. If I ever found anything (not just videogames) in good condition that was old and was unsure of what it was, I would most definately look up online to see how much it goes for before I would sell it off for pocket change.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 03:47:20 am »
All of the above games are for my personal collection this time. I've noticed they are worth more as a set but not so much loose as they used to be about 5 years ago when I first bought Scenario 2.

Living in Japan helps a bit finding cheap good games like these. I am considering starting to sell some of my finds later on. If any of you guys have wishlists for SEGA or other non-SEGA games/hardware let me know. I can't promise I can find it but I can guarantee I won't charge Ebay prices. /end self plug.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:02:56 am »
Ohh, that's just brilliant!  I paid $200 plus (Australian) for the trilogy a few years ago. Worth every damn cent though, the games are incredible. Since you are fluent in Japanese you won't even need to fiddle with translations!

Code Veronica is fantastic too, love that game, and that packaging is amazing too. I wish the PAL version had that kind of treatment!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 07:23:57 am »
Quote from: "upsidedown fuji"
All of the above games are for my personal collection this time. I've noticed they are worth more as a set but not so much loose as they used to be about 5 years ago when I first bought Scenario 2.

Living in Japan helps a bit finding cheap good games like these. I am considering starting to sell some of my finds later on. If any of you guys have wishlists for SEGA or other non-SEGA games/hardware let me know. I can't promise I can find it but I can guarantee I won't charge Ebay prices. /end self plug.

Oooh! Good to know, once I have a wishlist I'll let you know. :)

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 05:32:01 pm »
I regret selling the Street-Fighter style Godzilla fighting game for Super Famicom.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 07:26:59 pm »
"I am considering starting to sell some of my finds later on. If any of you guys have wishlists for SEGA or other non-SEGA games/hardware let me know. I can't promise I can find it but I can guarantee I won't charge Ebay prices."

Well, I only really want Rez and Sonic Adventure 2 Anniversary Pack. If you are ever able to get those for a good price PM me ;D
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 04:33:26 pm »
I want to be able to play Japanese Saturn Games, but I need to know what is better, using an Action Replay on my US console, or buying a Japenese Console (they are like $200.00 on ebay!)

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 08:26:57 pm »
Well the Action Replay is more practical. And if you use it you can get those SNK fighters without worrying about the extra memory carts.
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 08:50:43 pm »
Thanks, I'll do that then.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »
I agree with Crackdude, the Action Replay cart is more practical. There was a great '4 in 1' cart that I got that had 4MB or 1MB of extra ram (Depending on what you need for the game), a converter for international games and Memory all in one.

I should point out though, those SNK fighters will NOT work with this, or any other generic cart from my understanding. SNK games like King of Fighters '95 and King of Fighters '96 will only work with the specific cart they made for the game. I think they actually dumped important and specific information in those carts so they have to be used, unlike Xmen vs Street Fighter/Marvel Super Heroes, which only use them for extra Ram.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 05:43:22 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I should point out though, those SNK fighters will NOT work with this, or any other generic cart from my understanding. SNK games like King of Fighters '95 and King of Fighters '96 will only work with the specific cart they made for the game. I think they actually dumped important and specific information in those carts so they have to be used, unlike Xmen vs Street Fighter/Marvel Super Heroes, which only use them for extra Ram.
I was not aware of this, and was interested in buying the KOF games! Thanks for the heads up! ;P
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 06:02:12 pm »
No problem dudebuster.

Although if you are looking to get KOF games, there are far better options than going for the (Assumedly) expensive Saturn ports. For one thing, you can play them all flawlessly via emulator, or if you really want to be legit, you have the outstandingly good King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match on XBLA, and the funky Orochi Saga (King of Fighters 94, 95, 96, 97, 98) on Wii/PSP.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 07:02:02 pm »
I was actually getting them for about 30 euro. I found a pretty nice deal, but I'm not sure if they have the carts.

I'm looking for some local player-vs-player KOF action! What do you recommend wise mademan?
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 07:33:04 pm »
Wise you say?
*Grows beard, then strokes it*

Hmmm... well if you are looking for local matches, you can't really go wrong with King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match, either on XBLA or PS2. I would go with the XBLA version since it has online play. It's terrible netcode, but if you have local friends who also have it, it plays smoothly. King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match is also coming out (They are both excellent remixes and re-balances of what are arguably the two best KOF Games) on XBLA too. The online play should be much better in that one too.

98 UM and 2k2 UM are good because they each contain EVERY single character from their respective Sagas. (94-97 and 99 through to 2001, respectively)

At the end of the day, for local play it doesn't really matter too much, if you have a Wii then Orochi Saga is probbaly your best bang-for-your-buck option (I remember you said you like 95 the most, which isn't on XBLA/PSN I think) for local play. The downsides are no online and no Ultimate Match 98, but apart from that it's a solid compilation.