Author Topic: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur  (Read 28020 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
?
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2010, 07:06:00 am »
WTF with this thread? LOL!!!

And why should Sega bother about Nintendo Wii? I have one, and I'm not impressed with it. Actually, it sux! I'm very happy that Sega is putting more efforts in the PS3 than others now.

However, 428 still being a Sega title on the Wii and got the maximum score from the Japanese gamers bible. The best selling Sega title is a Wii title, with 10 millions copies sold around the world. Sega has the exclusivity for Bleach on the Wii. The best "second person" shooters on the Wii are made by Sega. Super Monkey Ball newest games are Wii exclusive and are long sellers.

Also, the Wii holds the most large ammount of Sonic exclusive original titles this generation. And, Sonic is the major, main, biggest, most important Sega franchise of all time.

Yes, Sega put a lot of efforts on Nintendo consoles in Japan and around the world 'till 2009, when they have realized that nobody can compete with Nintendo titles on theirs platform, and people are not interested on thirds titles on Nintendo platforms, whatever they does.

Even Monster Hunter, the strongest franchise in Japan nowadays from thirds, has not sold 1 million copies on the Wii...  Dragon Quest(spinoffs) has not sold 1 million on the Wii, even when this is the BIGGEST franchise of Japan ever!

Why bother about Wii?  :|

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2010, 12:30:06 pm »
Storm! speaks truth.
Made by SEGA

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:15 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Quote from: "Autosaver"
Name 5 games from Sega that are great on the Wii. That are not Multi-plat.
NiGHTS
Sonic and Mario at the Olympics
THotD OVERKILL
Madworld
Let's tap

NiGHTS is a piece of shit, Sonic and Mario is average, Let's Tap is alright but far from great. I think you missed your point, man.  :|

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2010, 04:13:33 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"
Name 5 games from Sega that are great on the Wii. That are not Multi-plat.
NiGHTS
Sonic and Mario at the Olympics
THotD OVERKILL
Madworld
Let's tap

NiGHTS is a piece of shit, Sonic and Mario is average, Let's Tap is alright but far from great. I think you missed your point, man.  :|
No I didn't... I played those games and thought they were great fun :|
I didn't like NiGHTS having a voice but screw that, gameplay was nice.
SEG4GES

Offline Orta

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2010, 05:47:24 pm »
The gameplay was not nice, starting with the hardware (stupid dented Nintendo analog controller (TM) (C) (R)) ending with the terrible concept of chasing a bird to get a key. That destroyed the score attack concept of the first game entirely (and pretty much every notion of replay value). The kids levels were a complete disaster. Yeah, you mentioned the voices, add that too. I had fun with Dragon Ball Z on the Saturn too, the game is still shit.

Thank God for Takashi Iizuka.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2010, 05:53:56 pm »
The gameplay was not nice, starting with the hardware (stupid dented Nintendo analog controller (TM) (C) (R)) ending with the terrible concept of chasing a bird to get a key. That destroyed the score attack concept of the first game entirely (and pretty much every notion of replay value). The kids levels were a complete disaster. Yeah, you mentioned the voices, add that too. I had fun with Dragon Ball Z on the Saturn, the game is shit.

Thank God for Takashi Iizuka.

Preach it brother, and that is not even half of what is wrong about the game!

Though, no denying the music is great. I kind of like it more than the first game so that makes me even angrier!

Offline Orta

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 05:59:17 pm »
I forgot to mention the music is the only great thing about it. Fuck, it's probably better than the first game.

edit: beaten

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2010, 06:06:21 pm »
I had fun with Dragon Ball Z on the Saturn too, the game is still shit.
Everyone had. And that's what makes a game great. Having fun.
I don't care about what happens or how it is presented as long as I have fun. That's why I find pro reviews pointless.
SEG4GES

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2010, 06:09:00 pm »
Even if Crack missed his point. I didn't feel like arguing anymore.

" Dragon Quest(spinoffs) has not sold 1 million on the Wii, even when this is the BIGGEST franchise of Japan ever!"

DQWii sucks compared to the others. My friends owns the main games and the spin-offs. And he already stated that it was not as fun as its official titles.

Oh, its a spinoff too.

Offline Orta

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 06:17:59 pm »
I had fun with Dragon Ball Z on the Saturn too, the game is still shit.
Everyone had. And that's what makes a game great. Having fun.
I don't care about what happens or how it is presented as long as I have fun. That's why I find pro reviews pointless.

What you have here is the opinion of someone who thinks NiGHTS into dreams is the best game ever.

Having fun with a game doesn't make it great. Disliking a game doesn't make it bad either. It's a matter of trying to evaluate all the pros and cons in a balanced, non-biased, way. I agree with you on "pro" reviews. That kind of reviews would work if the people writing them knew a thing or two about game design and computer engineering in general. "New games journalism" attempted to fix this by hiding the journalist's ignorance under pretty words and by judging a game comparing it to their personal experiences or trying to make aspects like "a message" or "artsy shit" relevant. It's a LOT better than what most people are doing and I personally like it but they're still journalists. Sadly most of them had a PS2 as first console.

Shit, going offtopic here. *hides*

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2010, 06:52:04 pm »
DQWii sucks compared to the others. My friends owns the main games and the spin-offs. And he already stated that it was not as fun as its official titles.

Oh, its a spinoff too.

And it didn't stop any other spinoff on the Playstation One and Gameboy Advance outselling the Wii spinoffs.

Also there is only 33 Wii games that have sold over 200,000, there are 26 Playstation 3 games that have sold over 200,000, despite the PS3 having half the hardware sales of the Wii in Japan.

Tales of Graces bombed, Monster Hunter did not even surpass a second shipment, Dragon Quest's spinoffs performed badly, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles bombed, No More Heroes 2 bombed, MadWorld bombed, Xenoblade bombed, Pro Evolution Soccer bombed, heck, if I started adding Western games that have failed terribly I could go on and on.

The Wii is a risky venture for developers, more so than the Playstation 2 ever was, despite the two having relatively similar instal base at the time. Face facts, Wii does not produce the sales publishers want (Which are mostly realistic) so it is silly to expect them to stand by a console that has a terrible attach ratio. The fact that a main line Tales game on the Xbox360 outsold a mainline Tales game on the Wii in Japan says it all (Vesperia's 204k vs Graces 196k)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2010, 08:24:41 pm »
The Wii is a shit environment for any publisher that ISNT Nintendo... Unless they make something totally shit that I would call a 'non-game' like WiiFit or indeed Daisy Faginas Pilates...

And if it's shit for publishers its shit for developers and if its shit for developers it's shit for gamers... Basically it's shit and it also has shitty controls and graphics.

It may just be my least favourite console.

Oh, Nights JOD also had some really fucking amazing level design, art direction wise. It was beautiful...
Made by SEGA

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2010, 08:39:54 pm »
Let's not forget that the PS3 has less games then the Wii. Sales are probably divided up even more since there is so much to choose from.

Conduit 2 or Metroid:The Other M? Full price tag both games.
Now for PS3, I just want Vanqush.

weee

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2010, 08:58:07 pm »
Let's not forget that the PS3 has less games then the Wii. Sales are probably divided up even more since there is so much to choose from.

If that was true, than the Wii would have larger revenue, however, especially in America, the Xbox360 have had the largest software sales for most of the generation, this is not choice, this is the simple fact that people who own an Xbox 360 or a PS3 buy more games more often than a Wii owner.

Look at all the previous NPDs, especially in regards to software sales in America, Xbox360 almost consistently tops it off, furthermore, here is some recent sales data released recently;

Game sales revenue in Germany from Jan-June 2010 in million Euro:
PS3: 135,9
PC: 127,5
Wii: 117,5
360: 59,4

Germany is the fourth biggest gaming market behind United States, The UK and Japan. And it's entirely normal for the Wii not to have the largest revenue generated from software sales.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2010, 09:17:09 pm »

Conduit 2 or Metroid:The Other M? Full price tag both games.
Now for PS3, I just want Vanqush.

weee

The Wii just recently got a larger quantity of games than the Xbox 360 had. If your point was true, then the Xbox 360 would have had the worst ratio of bought games, when in fact it has the best in America.

I personally think most of it comes with how Wii games are priced. Most games on it are really very expensive for long periods of time, while even the biggest games on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 drop. Look at Twilight Princess, it is still like $40 in most places, meanwhile you can get something like Oblivion (which came out the same year) for like $10 new. Not just that, but Oblivion is a much, much bigger experience with many more things to do in it that just are not possible with Wii. Most people would prefer this, and that is proven by the ratios!