Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles 3 is actually for the PSP! + RGG: OTE  (Read 21126 times)

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 is actually for the PSP! + RGG: OTE
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 04:59:24 pm »
Fff, thought you were guys were talking about VC3.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »
Face it, this game is about the western cash.

I dont mind if the game is good and it sells well,  imaine nagoshi going nuts when it does and turn yakuza into a zombie franchise lol. that would be weird.

It could also result into the contrary, frustrate fans by alienating the franchise ie

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2010, 10:20:09 pm »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Just when I was start of hoping SEGA would have a decent Tokyo game show SEGA do this .

Making Val III for the PSP is just rubbish news and not going to get the masses excited at all. Sort of puzzling now the PS3 and the 360 are well establish consoles and boating a great sell rate, unlike when Val launched in 2008.
Why not make a Val III for the 360 and PS3 with an improved Canvas engine, and then do a port to the PSP, DS 3D and Wii (so everyone is happy) and a real way to help grow the series and get it established to the masses ?

Take a look at the weekly/lifetime console sales in Japan. The PSP trounces any console out there pretty consistently.  When it comes to safe bets in the Japanese market (especially for a JRPG) the PSP is where it's at. Porting a strategy RPG to multiple systems isn't the cheapest thing to do, and quite the financial gamble for a series that hasn't blown the roof off as far as sales go.  Just be happy that the series is continuing period.  Especially when they're making continuous improvements to the gameplay.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2010, 01:27:44 am »
Even Eidos themselves said Tomb Raider was at it's prime with Tomb Raider 2. The second game.

This is, what? The seventh game or something? And it keeps getting more popular...

Kind of like Yakuza , where the 2nd game is still the most popular. Everybody loved the TB games, but by the time of the 4th and the 5th , people began  to tire of the same gameplay , the same old engine , people began to leave CORE having enough of yearly sequels(same for Street Fighter II and its endless spin off's )

In the end the series needed a complete reboot and a completely new developer . People began to tire of Resident Evil , and the series needed a completely reboot, a brand new engine and 4 years worth of development tech for RE 4

Medal of Honour games were very popular, but inthe end people got bored of the same old gameplay and the same War.  

again if they can make 1 Yakuza a year and it STILL get a 9/9/9/9 score. (Yakuza PSP)

Please this is Famitsu, where you can buy reviews , didn't the same Mag score Shadow the Hedgehog very highly?,even the pants fest that was MOH Rising sun I've no problems with a PSP side story, or spin off, that a great way to grow the series and get decent sales

Every problem with SOJ number one game and number one spend , being just a yearly update , lacking new idea's , new tech, and any sort of direction. Mark my words , Yearly updates are a sure way to kill any creativity, break the Team's will, stop any development in Tech, and make sure people leave your Team.  Funny we used to have a go at SEGA for milking Sonic, Capcom for SF II , yet its somehow fine for Yakuza ?.

I just don't get it .

I just hope we get a full on sequel to PS now, otherwise is looking to be another safe and solid show from SEGA, but not the comeback show I so want SEGA to display
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2010, 03:45:35 am »
I JUST SAW THE TRAILER FOR YAKUZA: THE END.
HOLY SHIT.
just...

HOLY SHIT.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2010, 04:30:15 am »
aahahahha, the trailer was awesome.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2010, 04:39:10 am »
The PSP trounces any console out there pretty consistently. When it comes to safe bets in the Japanese market (especially for a JRPG) the PSP is where it's at.

How well did Val II sell compared to the multi format FF 13 ? (ok a bit of a piss take , but never mind) . From what I remember the PSP sales of Val II weren't really that spectacular in the 1st place were there . No problems with making a PSP version.
Just can't understand why there's not a at least a PS3 version in development too, more so thanks to SLIM its been selling very well in Japan.

I dont mind if the game is good and it sells well, imaine nagoshi going nuts when it does and turn yakuza into a zombie franchise lol. that would be weird.

Yet people go nuts when SONIC kisses a Human girl. Now I may have missed something, but SONIC was never a realistic series at all, can't think of any Hedgehogs on this or any other  Planet that can run at the speed of sound , but people  got nuts and complain how dare SONIC Team put in real Humans into the Sonic world, much less have any Love interest with Sonic 06 (not least on this board) , yet its fine for Zombies to go into Yakuza ???.

It doesn't have a number in the title it is not Yakuza 5. So it is basically a spin off.

So Saga is a spin off , So is Orta ?  . Code Veronica a spin off, nothing do with a continuation of the story line of the previous characters
I don't ever remember NiGHTS JITD having a II in the tiles, yet fans monad at how dare Sonic Team change and mess around with the game play and make the characters talk, people should remember its a spin off (no number II inthe title )

I guess its just as well , Nagoshi-san will never let the Panzer Team make another Pazner Dragoon, he'll most probably turn into a Call of Duty WW II FPS.  

Really if the Team wanted to make a Zombie action game , they should have a stand alone Zombie game, and take on the likes of Capcom and Dead Rising head to head.  You now make a action game that can work in both markets
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2010, 07:31:01 am »
I rdont know if this has been placed but theres a vc3 trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-1 ... mments_top

Offline SOUP

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2010, 10:52:07 am »
How well did Val II sell compared to the multi format FF 13 ? (ok a bit of a piss take , but never mind) . From what I remember the PSP sales of Val II weren't really that spectacular in the 1st place were there . No problems with making a PSP version.
Just can't understand why there's not a at least a PS3 version in development too, more so thanks to SLIM its been selling very well in Japan.

Again, I'd imagine it's mostly to do with how much money they'd have to invest in the project up front.  I'd love to see another Valkyria Chronicles on PS3, but I get their decision.  I'm also not all that broken up about it, because it's translated really well to the PSP in the sequel.  Being able to play through a mission or two on my lunch break at work is the best :).

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2010, 12:46:57 pm »
Yet people go nuts when SONIC kisses a Human girl. Now I may have missed something, but SONIC was never a realistic series at all, can't think of any Hedgehogs on this or any other  Planet that can run at the speed of sound , but people  got nuts and complain how dare SONIC Team put in real Humans into the Sonic world, much less have any Love interest with Sonic 06 (not least on this board) , yet its fine for Zombies to go into Yakuza ???.

I don't think you can compare the hysterics of the Sonic fanbase to any other game's fanbase.  Nagoshi said early on he was hoping to do spinoffs in unusual settings for the Yakuza series.  

Rather than insist on the Yakuza fans adopting the same type of outraged-at-the-drop-of-a-pin attitude of Sonic errr... "fans?"... maybe people into Sonic should just... loosen up?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2010, 06:29:21 pm »
Kind of like Yakuza , where the 2nd game is still the most popular.

Except compared to the other releases outside of Kenzan, that had the weakest sales overall. I know some people do not like 3 as much as 2, but the overall words I have heard on 4 have been outstandingly positive.

It is not the same as the Tomb Raider series. If anything compare it to the Ratchet and Clank series. Actually no, Insomniac sucks now because they never tried to improve on anything or try a game without GUNZ so do not compare it to any series and just wait to see more about this game dammit!

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2010, 01:19:17 am »
It is not the same as the Tomb Raider series. If anything compare it to the Ratchet and Clank series. Actually no, Insomniac sucks now because they never tried to improve on anything or try a game without GUNZ so do not compare it to any series and just wait to see more about this game dammit

I'll compare it to TR , where the team had a yearly development time frame and where the series peaked with the 2nd game (for me) and where in the end the yearly updates was too much for the team and the gamers.
I take the point about  R&C , though at least you can say that game is using great tech, But thanks to little innovation are anything new, I don't think the series is selling as well as it done it the past . I rather play Drakes than R&C myself .

maybe people into Sonic should just... loosen up?

I don't think it is the Sonic fans , Its the people that love to knock SONIC. God help us, lets not put Humans into the Sonic, becasue that's so unrealistic and looks so silly , but lets put Zombies into Yakuza (A game people used to praise for being so unlike most and more of an serious, real-world game).

What did people used to say I don't want SEGA to turn into Capcom, sell out to the West . I got news for people Zombies had been done , they seem to be the in thing these days , Call Of Duty has them, hell they're even in Crackdown II, and there's a certain game called Dead Rising 1

All we need now is SEGA to make a FPS war game, maybe starting the Yakuza boys, that should be fun, Just no Humans in Sonic please, its no in keeping with the games style  :roll:
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2010, 02:31:24 am »
VCIII first gameplay video
http://www.4gamer.net/games/119/G011916/20100916099/

wow! looks really incredible! look at the Details!
also big maps are BACK!! yes!

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2010, 03:03:11 am »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"
VCIII first gameplay video
http://www.4gamer.net/games/119/G011916/20100916099/

wow! looks really incredible! look at the Details!
also big maps are BACK!! yes!

It does look amazing, But I so wish it was onthe PS3 as well. I'm not saying that to knock SEGA for the sake of it, I do take the point of the poor sales of the PS3 version and so on (I have made them myself)

But that was in 2008 , when the PS3 cost well over £300, and when the system was even having a hard time selling in Japan . Its different now, and I'm sure a Multi Platform Val III, using an improved Canvas engine  would have got this and many other boards talking and look forward to game with massive excitement, and a chance to really establish the series to more and more people (more so in the West).

I just can't really get  excited about PSP any more, and I've always rather play RPG's on the Big TV. I wouldn't say to much, but VAl looked so bloody wonderful on the PS3 (still to this day ) I just so wish the Canvas engine was used more, if not for this, say a new RPG  :oops: or a Sequel to Skies or somthing
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2010, 03:19:56 am »
^^
of course i would prefer a console ver with improvement in everything including the CANVAS engine .
but at least they are really trying hard with this game .
even cinematic scenes and character design seems topnotch  .