Author Topic: Project Draco??  (Read 4020 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Project Draco??
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:19:00 pm »
I was watching this dutch tv show where these guys were talking about some kind of new panzer dragoon game called Project draco coming out for kinect.

So I thought, news like this would definatly be on the front page of SEGAbits and I almost made a thread before this one, thinking you guys missed this news, but it seemed that this new title wasn't sega related at all.

I did some research and it seems Yukio Futatsugi is behind this whole new project and it seems(which is new for me) that he was the creator of panzer dragoon. He also made other games for the xbox, one called phantom dust.

As a big Panzer dragoon fan myself I never knew the guy behind the series was gone from sega. What the hell happened?

Here's the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry5lm8zUy3M

This should have been a sega game :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Project Draco??
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 02:29:24 pm »
Moving it to general gaming.

Should have, yes.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 02:56:13 pm »
Allright thanks!!

I really want to love and anticipate this title, but it just feels weird not coming from SEGA.

Any SEGA experts around here that could tell me what happened and what this means?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 05:54:10 pm »
Doesnt mean much, most of the DP staff are still at Sega and honestly I'm not feeling this game, mainly the dragon design looks horrible and the world looked pretty bland.

The music on the other hand was very PD.

*Massive PD fan*

Frankly I just want another PD onrail or RPG I dont even care.
Made by SEGA

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »
The title of the game (Project Draco) is a tentative name,
it's developed jointly by two studios, where there are some members of the Team Andromeda:
Grounding inc. chaired by Yukio Futatsugi, creator of the Panzer Dragoon series
LandHo! , a studio founded by former Team Andromeda components, and which in the past (until three years ago) collaborated almost exclusively with SEGA, much to develop, among other things, also the
 remake for PS2 of Panzer Dragoon.

I'M VERY VERY    :evil:
SEGA STYLE

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 07:09:18 pm »
I just found out that Yukio Futatsugi wasn't involved at all with Panzer Dragoon Orta http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Dragoon_Orta, which was a great game. Not as great as panzer dragoon zwei, but still good.

Kind of releaving since it shows SEGA don't need him for a panzer dragoon game. I do think the artstyle looks different in panzer dragoon orta. I am gonna miss yukio's artstyle(referencing my avatar)