Author Topic: Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover  (Read 8112 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover
« on: October 19, 2010, 11:32:14 am »

This almost seems too good to be true.
Level-5 developing Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney for the 3DS with Takumi Shuu (creator of Ace Attorney) involved as well.

I think I'm most excited just to see Phoenix Wright and Maya back in a new game.

http://www.kotaku.jp/2010/10/reiton_naruhodo.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:55:40 am »
VOICE ACTING, that is the only good thing I saw from it.

Couldn't make sense of anything currently playing Last Episode Trails & Tribulation, Dahlia, Terressa, and now Iris.

Found some more info and have to say the whole thing looks stupid, this isn't Yakuza that you cross contaminate it like this.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »
I know times are getting bad, but I did not realize that it was this harsh for Capcom that they had to come up with what is it, their fifth crossover in about a year?

I'd expect this to continue for sometime, especially with Dead Rising 2 set to fail meeting it's 3 million target.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:27:17 pm »
Layton 'Vs' Phoenix? I would have thought they'd be working together..

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 02:57:15 pm »
WTF OMG

Professor Layton and his stupid fucking face.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 03:00:59 pm »
I'm still waiting for Power Stone to return.

C'mon Capcom! Power Stone 3 for XBLA/PSN!

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 04:13:20 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"
WTF OMG

I know, right?

To be honest, I was hoping for some sort of Ace Attorney anime, and although this isn't what I had in mind, shit, I'll take it.
Quote from: "Aki-at"
I know times are getting bad, but I did not realize that it was this harsh for Capcom that they had to come up with what is it, their fifth crossover in about a year?
Hell, I'm surprised Capcom didn't already add Phoenix Wright into MVC3.

Actually, I think they considered that for Tat Vs. Cap...

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 04:27:43 pm »
Quote from: "matty"
Quote from: "Orta"
WTF OMG

I know, right?

To be honest, I was hoping for some sort of Ace Attorney anime, and although this isn't what I had in mind, shit, I'll take it.

It can't be worse than the Edgeworth game, right? Right?!?! :(

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 05:50:04 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Layton 'Vs' Phoenix? I would have thought they'd be working together..

I'm pretty sure it's Layton X (cross) Phoenix, so it's more of a team-up.

There's still another Edgeworth game coming out too.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 03:10:11 am »
Quote from: "matty"
Actually, I think they considered that for Tat Vs. Cap...

They did, and he was apparantly quite close to making it in.

Also Professor Layton is awesome, eh swordfights vampires and doesn't afraid of anything.
[youtube:oam8onsf]zrUZLZnh1cM[/youtube:oam8onsf]

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 03:21:15 pm »
Cube go suck it. Or play Sonic 06, whichever you find more appealing. This is amazing.  Cooler than anything Sega-related coming out, save for maybe PSO2.  I am so pumped.  And Capcom isn't "desperate" with this.  If you go read some of the history on it, Level 5 approached the Ace Attorney guy about a crossover, not the other way around.

Also, it is VS.  Go watch the awesome trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpxEQIe5jdw

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 03:36:59 pm »
Quote from: "Mengels7"
Cube go suck it. Or play Sonic 06, whichever you find more appealing. This is amazing. Cooler than anything Sega-related coming out, save for maybe PSO2. I am so pumped. And Capcom isn't "desperate" with this. If you go read some of the history on it, Level 5 approached the Ace Attorney guy about a crossover, not the other way around.

Yakuza of the End disagrees.

And desperation? Safe for the fact that Lost Planet 2, Bionic Commando, Super Street Fighter IV, Dark Void, RE: Dark Chronicles 2 etc all bombed and Dead Rising 2 seemingly destined to follow that trend, I think deperation is the level they're getting towards. Especially the fact that they have to sell 3 to 4 million to make any game productions financial viable for them.

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 03:41:13 pm »
Cube go suck it. Or play Sonic 06, whichever you find more appealing. This is amazing. Cooler than anything Sega-related coming out, save for maybe PSO2. I am so pumped. And Capcom isn't "desperate" with this. If you go read some of the history on it, Level 5 approached the Ace Attorney guy about a crossover, not the other way around.

Yakuza of the End disagrees.

And desperation? Safe for the fact that Lost Planet 2, Bionic Commando, Super Street Fighter IV, Dark Void, RE: Dark Chronicles 2 etc all bombed and Dead Rising 2 seemingly destined to follow that trend, I think deperation is the level they're getting towards. Especially the fact that they have to sell 3 to 4 million to make any game productions financial viable for them.

Does anybody actually care about Yakuza or especially Yakuza of the End though?  Seriously?  This is way cooler.  Who isn't sick of zombie games yet? I'd much rather have a Layton/Ace Attorney game set in the past.  That's original.  Not zombie Tokyo.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 04:46:07 pm »
Does anybody actually care about Yakuza or especially Yakuza of the End though?  Seriously?  This is way cooler.  Who isn't sick of zombie games yet? I'd much rather have a Layton/Ace Attorney game set in the past.  That's original.  Not zombie Tokyo.

I'm... Not quite sure what you're trying to argue here, since I never did mention popularity. I mean if that's the case, I'm not quite sure what we're doing here on a SEGA blog, I think it's time to shut up shop and open NintendoBits. Heck I'm not sure why you're more excited about Phantasy Star, didn't you know Yakuza is the bigger series?

And cooler? I think running over zombies in a forklift then getting out and shooting them down with a gunarm, finally finished off by playing baseball with grenades is probably going to be much cooler than anything this crossover game will ever achieve.

As for originality both games have this much, zero. Yes one has zombies, very unoriginal, so is robots, wizards, humans, commies, capitilist dogs, aliens, the devil and pretty much anything else you can think of.

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 06:21:43 pm »

I'm... Not quite sure what you're trying to argue here, since I never did mention popularity. I mean if that's the case, I'm not quite sure what we're doing here on a SEGA blog, I think it's time to shut up shop and open NintendoBits. Heck I'm not sure why you're more excited about Phantasy Star, didn't you know Yakuza is the bigger series?

And cooler? I think running over zombies in a forklift then getting out and shooting them down with a gunarm, finally finished off by playing baseball with grenades is probably going to be much cooler than anything this crossover game will ever achieve.

As for originality both games have this much, zero. Yes one has zombies, very unoriginal, so is robots, wizards, humans, commies, capitilist dogs, aliens, the devil and pretty much anything else you can think of.

But c'mon, we're in the general gaming discussion thread.  I can be realistic here and not a blind Sega fanboy right?  And yes, I know Yakuza is bigger than PSO is, but I'm sure the majority of the members here are more excited about a sequel to one of their favorite epic Dreamcast games rather than the sixth, er, seventh, Yakuza game that is a zombie spinoff.  It is cool yes, but I guess I just don't feel any excitement about that.  Sorry.  I'm a huge Phoenix Wright fan and the last game actually featuring him as the main character was from 2007 whereas Kazuma has had 6 Yakuza games since 2005 now.

But you're right, we're on a Sega forum, and you're all allowed to compare this to the new Yakuza and bash it.  Sorry.  Let's not fight.  I don't want to recreate the Team Andromeda/ROJM battle that ruined my last thread.