Author Topic: What's next for Dreamcast Revival?  (Read 21319 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: What's next for Dreamcast Revival?
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 02:11:50 pm »
REZ or Chu Chu Rocket would have made this collection perfect... Even Virtual On is on XBLA/PSN... Five games would have made the collection feel more worth while.

As is... It BETTER be at a budget price.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2011, 02:38:48 pm »
Not to come of negative and sound as if those games in the package are crap. But i'm with sharky, that collection doesn't deserve a full price 60 dollar/euro tag. I go for 30 dollars.

I do wonder though, since it says dreamcast collection. Do you get the dreamcast version of sonic adventure? If so i'll say it's totally worth it, if not, than I stand by my point.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2011, 03:35:03 pm »
I saw this at work today, and even other people said 'Only four games? What a crappy 'collection!'".

I cannot get over how fucking lazy Sega is with regards to this stuff. OUR MOST BELOVED CONSOLE EVER! Please accept four shitty ports including a game that doesn't even have the motion controls that made it good.

Like, I just can't even put words together to express how dumb this whole thing is. Fuck.

Had they picked up their games and actually done the ports with some degree of quality, then waited until they could include some more games, like Skies of Arcadia etc (even though they'll probably fuck that up too now. Replace the soundtrack with Vuvuzela's and then invert the controls for everything EXCEPT the analogue stick  or something).

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2011, 04:06:11 pm »
This is a really strange collection of games. I am with Mang on this that I really just cannot understand why SEGA would bundle these specific games, or in the case of something like SEGA Bass Fishing - Port them at all.

SEGA Bass Fishing was literally improved upon with the budget Wii release that added over double the content that was available in the Dreamcast release and actually improved on some things, like the graphics. Why they Hell would they bring that to something like this? What a waste of time...

I do not even like it, but why not add in something that most people actually care about and cannot as easily obtain, like Jet Grind Radio? I know something like Shenmue would be a massive job to port, but come on. And where is VOOT? If anything, those are much closer to it's Dreamcast version than all of these put together.

I might still get it honestly. When it was leaked a few months back the price was set at $30. That is pretty cheap, all things considered.

Baffled by no PlayStation 3 release though, either they sold poorly on that platform or there is another collection coming eventually and this will just group them together.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2011, 04:16:07 pm »
If it's really 30 dollars than I won't mind getting it.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2011, 04:58:40 pm »
Don't be shocked if you see Jet Set Radio coming to XBLA/PSN.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2011, 05:23:28 pm »
In some ways, I would rather get this then downloading the games. It would take up way less space on my HDD.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline AshleyAshes

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2011, 05:39:01 pm »
I dunno about you guys but I'm rooting for some 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker.  I love getting my hands on ports of Sega arcade games. :)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2011, 06:10:32 pm »
Quote from: "George"

I just hope they don't fuck it up.
Spoiler:
[spoiler:s29rtwdz]They will.[/spoiler:s29rtwdz]

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 07:23:00 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Baffled by no PlayStation 3 release though, either they sold poorly on that platform or there is another collection coming eventually and this will just group them together.

I wonder if it has something to do with how XBLA manages their games and files, or maybe how the PS3 uses blu-rays for their game discs which are more expensive to make than a 360 DVD game disc is. Perhaps it's simply because a PS3 is unable to make a PSN compilation as easily as Microsoft can? Might be a PS3 issue and not SEGA trying to piss off fans.

Like, I notice that there is a Q Entertainment collection (Qubed 3), a Plants vs. Zombies Collection, many Namco/Konami collections and XBLA compilations. None of these appear on PS3. When you pop them into a 360, all the games appear as though you just downloaded them, and there is also a hub menu from which you can select the games if you play the disc as a game.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2011, 08:22:08 am »
^
I think it's as simple as the fact that SCEA QA shot down the idea of releasing a collection of four titles available on PSN as a disc based game. Same reason that Q Games collection (Pixeljunk Monsters, Pixeljunk Racers, Pixeljunk Eden) didn't come out in North America.

Sony saw it as just as much of a waste of time/money as most people.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2011, 08:27:27 am »
Seems that SEGA takes the brunt of a lot of bad decisions that are actually Sony's choice. Like SASASR not having exclusive PS3 characters (Sony's fault) and a lack of PSN compilation discs (Sony's fault). Makes me wonder if a Sonic 4 disc release might be 360 only.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2011, 04:36:33 am »
Quote from: "George"
:lol:

JSR is coming to XBLA 100% Cert

The DC Collection is shit, not down the to games , just down to SEGA piss poor PR & raising people's hopes up . When all it is , is just what MS did with the XBLA Compilation Disc

SEGA had to call its a DC Collection and get peoples hopes and expectations up , and thanks to that SEGA is getting a right thrashing on all the gaming boards. SEGA will never ever learn
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2011, 07:05:58 am »
I realize this is a very lame collection of games, but I cannot believe how poorly people are reacting to this. It literally might be one of the the most negative reactions I have ever seen to a game in my life. I have seen three people on completely different sites actually wish death on everyone who works at SEGA for this.

What the Hell is wrong with some people? It is a $30 collection of 4 games. Is it that big of a deal? Seriously?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2011, 07:32:40 am »
I never even thought it would be any more than what it is. I think some folks who heard the title, assumed it would pack in ten or more full Dreamcast games and have everything from Shenmue 1&2, Skies of Arcadia, SA 1&2, Chu Chu Rocket and Phantasy Star Online. Which is just insane to even think that a company would cram that many fully 3D titles on one disc. Why would SEGA lose money on a discount compilation disc when they could easily release one game very few months and make $10 per title.

What I really have to laugh at are those whining about it not having Grandia II and Power Stone. Yes, because we all know that when a game is released by a third party, the console manufacturer has full rights to rerelease their games. Thats why Sony has rereleased Virtua Fighter 4 on PSN, Microsoft has full rights to make a JSRF HD and SEGA can release Capcom's Project Justice on the iPad. :P