Author Topic: I'm about to kick 1UP in the groin.  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
I'm about to kick 1UP in the groin.
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:55:04 pm »
So, remember their cover story on Shenmue and Yu Suzuki? I won a signed game from their stupid tweet contest, and guess what? No game is in my hands as of yet. I have contacted them six times through Twitter and once by email, and no reply yet. I screencapped all of the messages I've sent by email and Twitter for evidence, so today I went to their parent site, ugo.com, and emailed their vice president. I'm really angry because I honestly won  a prize and they are trying to swindle it out of me by simple evasion. Guess what, 1UP? I'm going to kick your ass and spread your lying, horrible name and reputation and lies all over this internet and the next until I get what I rightfully won or something of equal value to me along with an apology and you admitting you were wrong. Shove it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Re: I'm about to kick 1UP in the groin.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 04:41:46 pm »
1UP is a silly site so this isn't too surprising. I do hope you are able to get your prize though.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 04:58:46 pm »
Calm down, dude. I'm sure you'll  it eventually. Insulting them and yelling at them won't get them to send it any faster.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 06:31:18 pm »
This might be a common thing, my girlfriend won a free download of Sonic 4 Episode 1 on a VGCharts contest and they also didn't send the code, we contacted them a number of times, lots of excuses later they just stopped responding.

Which is a shame because we already have Sonic 4 Episode 1 and she said I could give it away as a prize on Segabits... So yeah, VGCharts swindled YOU out of a Sonic game... lol.
Made by SEGA

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 08:04:02 pm »
I've been as pleasant as can be in all of my official attempts to get a hold of them. Not once have I not been professional and polite, only in this topic.