Author Topic: What Game was so exciting you bought a console?  (Read 13662 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: What Game was so exciting you bought a console?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 08:53:50 am »
 The only time I've bought a console for a game was at the 16-bits era.

Crying everyday, months later, my mom has finally bought a Mega-Drive for me ;pppp

I wanted it just to play BARE KNUCKLE and FIGHTING MASTERS! I was completely crazy about the horse guy on that game XDDDD FLAMER!!! AMAAAAZING!!! The screen explosion effect at the KOs were amazing!! And the musics, the SEs, ;___;

But instead that, I got Phelios as my first Mega-Drive game ever.  :|

The rest, I've bought because I was a Sega fan. Never bought another company console when Sega was a platform holder.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 07:25:17 pm »
Bought:

Saturn - Virtua Fighter Remix, Daytona
N64 - LoZ: Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye
Dreamcast - Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Shenmue
Gamecube - Rogue Squadron 2, and promise of more Nintendo
Xbox - Halo 2 (E3 demo sold me)
DS - Mario Kart, Animal Crossing
Wii - LoZ: Twilight Princess
Xbox 360 - Gears of War

Intend to get:

PS3 - Valkyria Chronicles (already own the game)
3DS - Kid Icarus
PSP/NGP (whichever I end up getting) - Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 07:47:36 pm »
Hasn't happened yet, but I'll be getting a Wii just to play Sonic Colors. Probably will hold off of too many other Wii games until I complete that and some 360 games. Would be stupid to go Wii buying crazy and then have to finish a pile of games.

Offline Essay

• Total Meseta: 0
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 11:45:19 pm »
The majority of systems owned I've omitted due to the fact no one or two game swayed me--rather the potential of the console's library, or general interest in the hardware.

The Sega Genesis I purchased due to Altered Beast and Sonic the hedgehog.  Also, Without GoldenEye 007, I likely would have purchased a Sega Saturn instead of a Nintendo 64.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 08:51:43 am »
Bought SEGA's FONZ at release just so I could play FONZ.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 09:38:39 pm »
I just bought a ps3 for Uncharted 2.  It's the first console purchase I've made based on a standout piece of software since Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.  Ever since that beautiful 128 bit machine wen't under I've been apathetically floating from console to console aimlessly searching for a new home.  Goddamn you sega for going third party.

Offline Essay

• Total Meseta: 0
What say you, Barry the 'Nomad'? ;)
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 10:32:31 pm »
Quote from: "Radrappy"
I just bought a ps3 for Uncharted 2.  It's the first console purchase I've made based on a standout piece of software since Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.  Ever since that beautiful 128 bit machine wen't under I've been apathetically floating from console to console aimlessly searching for a new home.  Goddamn you sega for going third party.

Poor guy, but I'm sure your situation isn't atypical.  No doubt a lot of Sega fans still feel that way.

I think the entire time I owned a Dreamcast, I was wearing a Nintendo life-vest.  The first time there were cracks in the hull and the captain gave the bad news about our ship's eventual demise, I was hurling myself overboard.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 04:18:57 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Quote from: "cube_b3"
the storyline wasn't even thrilling and emotionally intense as 2 and Code Veronica.

[youtube:23tw7tzm]QQw5Sep9e24[/youtube:23tw7tzm]

Kamiya's best work for sure!

Truly heart wrenching. I love the part where he screams out her name and punches the ground.

I hope your serious here (sometimes it hard to tell with you :)).

But that scene was epic for sure, and probably why I prefer this Paul over the new Paul (VA for Leon).

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 04:25:17 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
RE5 was kinda a dissapointing end to the series

What do you mean kind off?

but Wesker was awesome throughout at least. Really cemented him as the 'Big Bad' of the series. My favourite is still Code Veronica though.

Not here, I couldn't get over the change in VA, really a dick move by Capcom. But that is a minor complaint to the egg headed mindless tactics Wesker was using.

His whole Skies of Arcadia esque plan to make a new world on the ashes of an old one was cliche and stupid.

His decision to kill the hottest chick in the series, before her character was even developed properly was also foolish, I guess they wanted to show a cold ruthless side to him but that was established in RE1 only.

I think the biggest problem in RE5 was Wesker's master plan not being original, and actions lacking the proper motivation. Yes, yes he wants to be a god, but what good is a god without any people left to command?

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 11:47:06 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
I think the biggest problem in RE5 was Wesker's master plan not being original, and actions lacking the proper motivation. Yes, yes he wants to be a god, but what good is a god without any people left to command?

That's what makes him truly evil. Pure narcissism.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:47 am »
Yeah, sometimes it is enjoyable for a villain to be evil just by being an absolute douche. Consistent overwhelming power would eventually get boring. Going nuts and doing whatever you want for a short period of time is great.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 03:10:34 am »
The plan was cliche'd for sure, but I didn't say it was great, just that it cemented Wesker as the true villian of the series. In earlier games he was present but not really all that overt as the baddie, and in RE5 we saw that he was really behind everything all along.

Also, I like his new VA.

This discussion is making me really want to play through all the RE games again now...

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 07:16:42 pm »
I got a PS1 because of Gran Turismo.
Gameboy Color for Pokemon Red, Advance for Sonic Advance.
The Nintendo DS because of Pokemon Silver/Gold.

I usually buy the consoles because I find some games attractive at the time (chose Xbox over PS2 becasue of JSRF for example).
I look at what's available in each console, and then I buy them. In those cases I saw those games and tought "ok what console is that on?".
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 02:28:24 am »
I was walking toward the exit in a Fred Meyer when I saw an OXM cover with the Panzer Dragoon Orta closeup with Orta's face next to the dragon.  My heart stopped.  I was totally awestruck, and I had to buy the magazine and save for an XBOX.  At that moment my Dreamcast was yesterday's garbage.  

I bought the Dreamcast in the hopes of getting a new Panzer Dragoon, and here it was on some other console.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 09:55:06 am »
XBOX Nation's cover of PDO was what sold me on the XBOX:

Not a compelling cover, very simple, but that's what drew me to the cover. I picked up the mag, got a subscription and later bought my JSRF/SEGA GT XBOX bundle (with the reviesd controller). :)