Author Topic: Help me decide what Dreamcast game to buy next  (Read 10027 times)

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Help me decide what Dreamcast game to buy next
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 02:54:58 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Yes, the game was released towards the end of Dreamcast's (marketing) life therefore it never got the exposure it deserves. I had the option of buying this or Flogain Bros for some reason I went with the Bros.

Didn't boot Flogain Bros up more than once.

Bump because Floigan Bros. deserves a second chance : (. That is probably the game that finally killed my hate for SEGA (Jet Grind, Crazy Taxi had both decreased said hate) when I was like 11, I found it very funny at that age. I think people were hard on that game because they maybe weren't part of the intended audience, but as a young child its' (clearly Looney Tunes influenced) sense of humor was great.

I don't know, maybe it isn't good, I haven't touched it in a really long time but back then I enjoyed it.

Quote from: "Supa"
Haven't gotten anything yet, but I think I'll look today and buy a new one. I'll let you guys know my choice!

You never told us hot shot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 08:09:26 am »
Agreed, there is a huge amount of charm to Floigan Bros. Booting it up gives me the same feeling as discovering a Tex Avery cartoon on TV, or finding out that there is a Three Stooges marathon on. Excellent game! I believe it was only $20 on release too, shame they didn't get a few more episodes out. The second one was hinted at being in the Wild West.

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 01:16:25 pm »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"
Yes, the game was released towards the end of Dreamcast's (marketing) life therefore it never got the exposure it deserves. I had the option of buying this or Flogain Bros for some reason I went with the Bros.

Bump because Floigan Bros. deserves a second chance : (. That is probably the game that finally killed my hate for SEGA (Jet Grind, Crazy Taxi had both decreased said hate) when I was like 11, I found it very funny at that age. I think people were hard on that game because they maybe weren't part of the intended audience, but as a young child its' (clearly Looney Tunes influenced) sense of humor was great.

I don't know, maybe it isn't good, I haven't touched it in a really long time but back then I enjoyed it.

Haven't gotten anything yet, but I think I'll look today and buy a new one. I'll let you guys know my choice!

Shenmue didn't decrease said hate at all?

And I ended buying another copy of Shenmue I. haven't looked into anything as of now, because I have to get some stuff for school first, and my percussion gear collection. Got a huge wishlist right now. Plus, I have no time to sit and play games too much :(

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 06:48:15 pm »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"

Shenmue didn't decrease said hate at all?

And I ended buying another copy of Shenmue I. haven't looked into anything as of now, because I have to get some stuff for school first, and my percussion gear collection. Got a huge wishlist right now. Plus, I have no time to sit and play games too much :(

I was around 10 when Shenmue came out and only got games at either Xmas, or my birthday. I didn't even know Shenmue existed and I didn't play it until 2002 or 2003 when a friend let my brother borrow Shenmue and Grandia II, both of which I loved.

Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Agreed, there is a huge amount of charm to Floigan Bros. Booting it up gives me the same feeling as discovering a Tex Avery cartoon on TV, or finding out that there is a Three Stooges marathon on. Excellent game! I believe it was only $20 on release too, shame they didn't get a few more episodes out. The second one was hinted at being in the Wild West.

Yeah, game is very underrated in my book, I need to get another copy at some point.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 04:20:40 pm »
I just got Grandia II a couple weeks ago. I was in Madrid and went on search to find an amazing retro-gaming store.

It wasn't cheap, but it's worth it. Too bad I didn't have enough money for Rez (60euro).

So yeah, if anyone is undecided with Grandia II, just get it.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 07:15:10 pm »
Grandia II kicks ass. It comes with a soundtrack disc too :D

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 01:23:50 am »
YEAH!!!! Give recent events it would be a perfect time to play Grandia 2 and pay your respects to GameArts.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 06:03:44 pm »
Grandia II kicks ass. It comes with a soundtrack disc too :D
What! PAL version too?

YEAH!!!! Give recent events it would be a perfect time to play Grandia 2 and pay your respects to GameArts.
That's exactly why I decided to give it a shot. That and the soundtrack. It's beautiful.
SEG4GES

Offline SOUP

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 08:37:44 am »
I just got Grandia II a couple weeks ago. I was in Madrid and went on search to find an amazing retro-gaming store.

It wasn't cheap, but it's worth it. Too bad I didn't have enough money for Rez (60euro).

So yeah, if anyone is undecided with Grandia II, just get it.
Kudos sir. One of my alltime favourite RPGs. I still think it's got one of the best battle systems of any RPG I've ever played.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 10:01:33 am »
Kudos sir. One of my alltime favourite RPGs. I still think it's got one of the best battle systems of any RPG I've ever played.
Totally. And you can clearly see how it influenced modern RPGs. Final Fantasy XIII's Paradigm system feels eerily like the programable AI moves in Grandia II, for example.
SEG4GES

Offline SOUP

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 01:38:10 pm »
Totally. And you can clearly see how it influenced modern RPGs. Final Fantasy XIII's Paradigm system feels eerily like the programable AI moves in Grandia II, for example.
Maybe that's why I like FFXIII so much.
I've got Grandia III kicking around, but I've never had the time to put into it.