Author Topic: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers  (Read 60815 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2014, 12:07:03 am »
Well this is one of the most  pants filling games I've played in a long... long... time . If you like the film you'll love this game as its just epic . The only bad parts so far are the poor character models and the awful lip-synching (which is every bit as bad as that seen in Blue Stinger)  Other than that the rest of the graphics are brilliant, the sound awesome and the gameplay great .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2014, 01:02:36 am »
Yeah, SEGA loves to show adverts on Adult Swim. I don't have cable, only game that I have seen on ads (I only watch American Football and Gotham) has been Shadow of Mordor.

I'm already seeing ads for The Evil Within, interestingly enough.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2014, 08:58:35 am »
Well this is one of the most  pants filling games I've played in a long... long... time .
Are you saying it gives you a boner?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2014, 09:08:19 am »
Are you saying it gives you a boner?

LOL! Filled with spunk or shit or both? LOL!

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2014, 01:35:33 pm »
Angryjoe was streaming the game yesterday and he was complaining about the save sistem and about that the game can get very hard and frustrated. But i will tell you why is that...is because he SUCK at it...watching him play was painfull, the other Joe was doing it much better than him...
I just hope than he dont give this game an "IGN style review", because if he does that will hurt the game a little in sales...

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2014, 07:41:51 pm »
Well this is one of the most  pants filling games I've played in a long... long... time . If you like the film you'll love this game as its just epic . The only bad parts so far are the poor character models and the awful lip-synching (which is every bit as bad as that seen in Blue Stinger)  Other than that the rest of the graphics are brilliant, the sound awesome and the gameplay great .

Thanks for the impressions

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2014, 08:48:08 pm »
Live stream happening now guys, with George and I! http://www.twitch.tv/sega_channel_retro

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2014, 11:12:43 am »
Some thoughts, I've gotten to mission 5. I'll go with the bad first.

- The Playstation 3 version has some absolutely terrible framerate, at times it can slow down to incredibly low amount. One moment I was surrounded by androids and hammering my way through them after causing an EMP blast, the game's framerate was horrific!
- I for now cannot find a button that puts my item back in the back, I'm forced to be carrying a medkit for the most part because one tap of square means I'll active my flare.
- The cutscenes! You know considering SEGA has the Yakuza team at their disposal I don't get why The Creative Assembly didn't quite ask for help there, they badly needed it.

Now for all the good stuff;

- Game is so atmospheric, even on the Playstation 3 version. I've played the Playstation 4 version at a friend's house and it just looks so much gorgeous (Obviously.)
- The lighting is superb! I'm genuinely impressed with some of the effects here, such as the flame effects.
- The game really does feel different on each playthrough. On my friend's playthrough the Alien cleared out a whole room of people quickly but on my playthrough, it left the people and wandered off. Now this was bad for me since they were blocking my exit point so I decided to see if I could get the Alien to reappear by creating noise. And yeap there he was, cleared out the room for me and I managed to escape to the next section.
- The Working Joes are brutal and terrifying when they begin to gang up on you. Just when I thought the coast was clear one appears out of no where and unleashes the hurt.
- One time I decided that if I ran past all the Working Joes I'll be safe on the elevator. Nope! One of those machines was waiting for me in the elevator.
- The environment is actually more scary than the Alien itself!
- Whoever designed the sound system of this game needs an award, again another thing more frighting than the Alien.
- The Alien laughs at revolver shots to the face, LAUGHS!

Overall I'm loving this game but I'd advise everyone to try and get it on Playstation 4/Xbox One. This game was designed with current gen consoles and it shows, there's so much extra details and stuff on the ships in the current gen versions + stable framerate. I plan to double dip once I either have a better PC or PS4, game is just amazing for survival horror fans. Even if you don't have a current gen console but love survival horror, get it anyway, you will not regret it.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2014, 12:55:37 pm »
- The Alien laughs at revolver shots to the face, LAUGHS!

JAJAJA.

-Amanada shots the alien
-Alien laught at her and kill her
- Alien: "Cmon Amanda...you have the Ripley surname, you are better than this...STAR OVER!.

thanks for the impressions.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2014, 03:15:11 pm »
Overall I'm loving this game but I'd advise everyone to try and get it on Playstation 4/Xbox One. This game was designed with current gen consoles and it shows

Playing the game on my XBox one right now . And other than the lame save system and laughable lip synch and poor character models  . This game is simple ace and just sounds amazing in 7.1 its a total Alien love it and does the film so much justice that the films makers and script writers should hang their heads in shame , where a games corps makes better use of the licence that what the Films producers have manages since 1986 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2014, 03:40:51 pm »
At last, the first genuenly good Sega game in quite some time.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2014, 03:57:46 pm »
At last, the first genuenly good Sega game in quite some time.

I was going to respond with 'Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown'.

Then I realised that came out ten years ago.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2014, 04:12:41 pm »
I was going to respond with 'Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown'.

Then I realised that came out ten years ago.

I was going to reply with Yakuza 5.

Then I realised I'm the only one who owns it on this forum : (

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2014, 07:07:16 pm »
If that game isn't in the mail tommorrow morning, I'm gonna start cracking some skulls...

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2014, 02:12:04 am »
Got the game on Steam since I don't have a PS4 yet. Runs great on my budget AMD 7700 HD GPU. Creative Assembly did a great job coding this game. My CPU fan gets awfully loud though.. I'm gonna have to look into that, maybe its just full of dust and needs a cleaning.

Game is really scary. Haven't even seen an alien yet and I'm already freaked out. Very atmospheric. My CPU fan does kinda ruin the mood though when things are really silent.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:17:40 am by Will »