Author Topic: The 'Stupid Quotes From the Internet' Topic (Sega Edition)  (Read 13069 times)

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: The 'Stupid Quotes From the Internet' Topic (Sega Edition)
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 07:26:31 am »
Right here! You probably haven't noticed me because I've changed a lot compared to how I used to be when I was younger. Definitely embarrassed by posts I've made from years ago, but I'm sure most people are in regards to their past =)

What matters is that people eventually realize how silly they were acting and learn from their mistakes and grow as a person.

Ah, how goes things? I too look back at my former internet self at times and am embarrassed, but mostly at the Shenmue Dojo, where I joined in 2004.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 09:48:25 am »
By saying you used to be a Sega gamer until this or that, and now I'm going to take a dump on Sega, you're practically giving yourself away as a 15 year old nintendo fan without a clue as to what you're on about. It's a virtual shibboleth.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that someone who loved Sega ten years ago isn't exactly thrilled with their current output...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 11:37:19 am »

And that why it was such a silly idea to bring the system out .The  Mega Drive successor was ready to go in 1994/5 . They was no need to try and extend the MD life at that point and it being a Cart system was also a backward step .
Something we agree on. 100%. I think that is probably the only 'glaring' mistake they made that really was inexcusable.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 12:53:34 pm »
Something we agree on. 100%. I think that is probably the only 'glaring' mistake they made that really was inexcusable.

OK  lol :) But SEGA Japan screwed up with no Sonic game in development early in for the Saturn and I guess SEGA Japan could have done more to try and win Squaresoft , which would have killed the PS in Japan
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline George

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 12:57:28 pm »
I don't think Sonic would have saved the Saturn.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 01:47:13 pm »
I don't think Sonic would have saved the Saturn.

I think a SEGA 100% behind the Saturn and with a proper Sonic Team Sonic game early in would have made SEGA a strong number 2 in those days and put them ahead of the Nintendo.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2015, 02:13:37 pm »
Maybe Nintendo but not Sony. Sadly the Saturn's 3D was meh, only few developers could make it shine and the top tier developer being AM2.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 05:08:36 am »
Maybe Nintendo but not Sony. Sadly the Saturn's 3D was meh, only few developers could make it shine and the top tier developer being AM2.

No the 3D wasn't mech at all . Polygon wise the Saturn wasn't that that far behind the PS and no more behind the N64 . It was more the lighting and transparent effects that let the Saturn down. You didn't have to be a top tier developer to make the Saturn sing you just had to use the system and no try and use C code on the system and had to use assembly - Saturn was very much like the 360 and PS3 trying to use 360 on the PS3 just produced rubbish results and you had to use the PS3 system and not try and share too much code.

Sadly the Saturn never had the market share outside of Japan to make it worthwhile for most 3rd parties to really use the system . 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 08:51:25 pm »
Yeah exactly, transparencies where really bad on Saturn and I consider that part of the 3D capabilities of the console. Example: Playstation 3 also had bad shadows (blocky).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quk5cvHcl4k

Saturn 3D had a weird low resolution and blocky poly look. Hard to put my finger on it.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2015, 02:23:41 am »
Yeah exactly, transparencies where really bad on Saturn and I consider that part of the 3D capabilities of the console

Well the Saturn could handle beter transparent effects than the PS- When it was using the VDP II plane (see the PS versions of TF V and Grandia, Souky Ect) but it the trouble was the plane was only 2D . Model 2 didn't handle or support 3D transparent effects you know and like the Saturn only worked in quads - You think the think the PS was better than Model 2 board ?
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2015, 10:13:38 pm »
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that someone who loved Sega ten years ago isn't exactly thrilled with their current output...

Fair, but if everyone who claims to have once been a Sega fan had actually been a fan and bought Sega games, then Sega would still be making consoles, and we'd be wondering where Shenmue 16 is. It's a trope.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:16:05 pm by jonboy101 »