Author Topic: Panzer Dragoon Saga  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Panzer Dragoon Saga
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 08:22:13 am »
I know it's a dumb question, but have you changed the battery? I imagine that'd be cheaper than buying another Saturn whose battery is also slowing down.

Yeah, that's the first thing I tried, but thanks for asking. I think it's a problem with the internal memory itself. Any time I start it up, if I look at what's stored in the memory (usually a coherent list of game saves), it's just a bunch of entries that are a garbled mess. I can delete them, but a new set of them is back the next time I start it. Unfortunately, it also seems to interfere with the functioning of my PAR so it's hard to get Japanese games to boot up correctly -- they usually come up with an error message, which a kind bilingual forum-goer confirmed is a message about the memory. I think I should just replace the Saturn because eventually I want to mod it.

@Barry: Azel does have cooler cover art. If you go that way, you're probably gonna end up getting (and keeping) both versions! The U.S. cover art is so-so... better than average for that era when cover art became dominated by CG renders that, unfortunately, have not stood the test of time in most cases. But still not as cool as a Moebius illustration!

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:00 pm »
I have one of the sexy white JP Saturns, so I'm all good on that front. I guess the thing is, while Azel is easier to attain, it is $40... and the US version is $250-325. So why not put that $40 towards Saga? Other option is to get Azel now, play it an see if I can put up with the non-english, get a taste of the game, and then go for the $$$ US version.

That's a way to go. It's just irritating for me because there's so much text. It's not like Bio Hazard or Deep Fear where all the spoken dialogue within their cutscenes are in English, so I can at least enjoy the story and only refer to a translation for general gameplay. Once a certain character starts diving into the history of the Ancients, the Tower and mutants, you'll start wishing it was in English.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 02:32:12 pm »
Yeah, and you unlock history stuff like in Orta.  There's tons and tons of stuff to read.  The US version is perfect.  There's no lousy dubbing, it's all done with subtitles over a combination of PD language and Japanese.  I've played through it about 5 times.  I wouldn't get the Japanese version.  You'll be missing out.