Author Topic: Panzer Dragoon Saga  (Read 9648 times)

Offline Kevin-N

• Total Meseta: 2
Panzer Dragoon Saga
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:53:54 pm »
I have a question ? I found a guy that sells Panzer Dragoon Saga for the price of 250 euro's, that's about 326 dollar. I know it's in good condition but is it worth the money ?
I have already 1&2 and i like them.
SEGA fan 4 life !

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
Re: Panzer Dragoon Saga
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:07:26 pm »
The game's awesome and certainly worth the greenbacks so long as it's pristine. Even then, I'd only spend that much cash if I had lots to burn. When I got my copy, it came with Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Zwei, complete-in-box and in awesome shape....for $280.

Sega hasn't shown any signs of re-releasing it on XBLA or PSN and - due to its rarity - may grow more expensive over time. 
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:16:53 pm »
It's a pretty awesome JRPG, though short by 32 bit era standards. It's worth an expensive price tag, but I've seen the game go for way less then that in awesome condition. I bought my copy with the box and manual for $120. $320 is way too much.

Edit: ....unless everyone has decided to do a collective price hike, in which case that might not be sooo bad.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:18:53 pm by nuckles87 »

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 05:18:24 pm »
@nuckles87 - Japanese, European or American?

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 05:19:17 pm »
American.

Offline Kevin-N

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 05:22:49 pm »
The version that i talk about is the PAL version.
SEGA fan 4 life !

Offline Kevin-N

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 05:25:41 pm »
I really want the game but the guy doesn't want to sell it lower. i asked for 200 euro. it's about 261 dollars.
SEGA fan 4 life !

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 05:40:50 pm »
From what I've seen over the past year of looking at it on ebay, that's about the going rate.  Even the auctions that start off at a penny end up at least $250 these days.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »
I paid £90 for mine, in very good condition the box has that white scruff on it, and the discs have light scratches, but otherwise it's fine.

Still need to play it though.  :o
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 01:20:25 am »
I bought mine in the year 2000 on Ebay for $180 with Shining Force 3 included. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 11:02:10 am »
I have a bonus coming soon from my work, and I'm once again debating whether I should grab a copy of the game. I threw the question out on Twitter, and one person said to go for it and another said to get the JP version instead.

Should I grab Azel for $30 and try to play through it? Or should I go for the $250-$325 asking price?

I was debating selling a piece of SEGA merch that I have to recoup the money, even if it means me not having said cool piece of merch anymore. I know some people resell the game after playing it... but I don't think I'll be able to let it go once I buy it.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 12:28:53 pm »
Whichever way you go, it's going to continue to go up in value. So in the back of your mind, you can rest assured that if you ever HAVE to sell it, you'll get back more than what you paid for it. Personally, I haven't ever used a guide to play a Japanese game. I think I eventually will though, for Ryo Ga Gotoku Kenzan!

I was able to get Saga in a bundle with the first two Panzer Dragoons and a Saturn 3D controller for $330 last year, all in very good condition -- actually the 3D controller had never been used. (I'm not a huge stickler about getting things mint, but if possible I like them to be nice.) So, probably about average, or maybe just slightly lower than average price, depending on how much you value each item. I'm hoping to play Saga some time this year, but there's an unusual problem with my Saturn's memory so I need to either replace it or figure out something else to be confident that I won't get way into it and then lose the saves.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:31:14 pm by Centrale »

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 08:01:28 pm »
Whichever way you go, it's going to continue to go up in value. So in the back of your mind, you can rest assured that if you ever HAVE to sell it, you'll get back more than what you paid for it. Personally, I haven't ever used a guide to play a Japanese game. I think I eventually will though, for Ryo Ga Gotoku Kenzan!

I was able to get Saga in a bundle with the first two Panzer Dragoons and a Saturn 3D controller for $330 last year, all in very good condition -- actually the 3D controller had never been used. (I'm not a huge stickler about getting things mint, but if possible I like them to be nice.) So, probably about average, or maybe just slightly lower than average price, depending on how much you value each item. I'm hoping to play Saga some time this year, but there's an unusual problem with my Saturn's memory so I need to either replace it or figure out something else to be confident that I won't get way into it and then lose the saves.

I know it's a dumb question, but have you changed the battery? I imagine that'd be cheaper than buying another Saturn whose battery is also slowing down.

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 11:58:50 pm »
I have a bonus coming soon from my work, and I'm once again debating whether I should grab a copy of the game. I threw the question out on Twitter, and one person said to go for it and another said to get the JP version instead.

Should I grab Azel for $30 and try to play through it? Or should I go for the $250-$325 asking price?

I was debating selling a piece of SEGA merch that I have to recoup the money, even if it means me not having said cool piece of merch anymore. I know some people resell the game after playing it... but I don't think I'll be able to let it go once I buy it.

If should you buy a Japanese version, make sure you either have a Japanese console or a modified Saturn. Saga won't play if it reads an Action Replay cartridge in the console. There are some codes that will supposedly let you bypass it, though neither one I tried worked. In the end, I just said 'fuck it' and bought a North American Saturn.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 07:45:58 am »
I have one of the sexy white JP Saturns, so I'm all good on that front. I guess the thing is, while Azel is easier to attain, it is $40... and the US version is $250-325. So why not put that $40 towards Saga? Other option is to get Azel now, play it an see if I can put up with the non-english, get a taste of the game, and then go for the $$$ US version.