Author Topic: Sega Saturn Heroes - Astal, Segata Sanshiro, Bug, Mr. Bones, etc  (Read 127713 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Sega Saturn Heroes - Astal, Segata Sanshiro, Bug, Mr. Bones, etc
« Reply #660 on: July 23, 2024, 12:52:36 am »
“Maybe there is an opportunity for a new Marvel vs Capcom game”
Capcom producer revealed their “dream” is to make more Marvel crossover games

Matsumoto also told us something surprising; Marvel is very much aware of the vibrant community of MvC players, and they still pay attention to competitive tournaments despite the most active games in the series being well over a decade old.
According to Matsumoto, both sides were keen on bringing this collection to life — and based on our conversation, it looks like future projects might hinge on players’ overall interest in the collection of arcade classics.
“In terms of past Capcom-developed Marvel titles, this has been something that myself and the team have been wanting to re-release for years and years now. It was just a matter of timing and making sure that everyone was on board. We’ve actually been in talks with Marvel for years now to see whether we can make this happen.”
“They were also on board. Because of that, it’s kind of like the stars aligned. The timing was ...”

Article : https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/exclusive-capcoms-dream-is-to-make-more-marvel-crossover-games-2831616/

Offline Berto

« Reply #661 on: July 23, 2024, 01:16:17 am »
10 Best JRPGs That Never Left Japan

The development history of Princess Crown is one of turmoil, failure, and a fantastic rebirth many years later. Developed and directed by ex-Capcom employee George Kamitani, Atlus’ Princess Crown is a 2D sidescrolling beat 'em up that weaves plenty of fantasy RPG mechanics into the mix. As Queen Valendia, players are tasked with traveling across the land in order to prevent the resurrection of the demon lord Lalva. Despite being a commercial failure, Princess Crown has gone on to influence several high-profile games since its release.
The sidescrolling combat from Princess Crown would serve as the basis for both 2007’s Odin Sphere and 2009’s Muramasa: The Demon Blade, both by George Kamitani's own company, Vanillaware. Odin Sphere expanded on Princess Crown’s system of using seeds to grow food that could later restore the player’s HP, while Muramasa expanded on Princess Crown’s linear map navigation between key areas that were packed with enemies to battle.
A sequel to Princess Crown was in the works but was ...

Article : https://www.cbr.com/greatest-jrps-never-left-japan/

Offline Berto

« Reply #662 on: July 24, 2024, 12:47:05 am »
Legendary Developer Seichi Ishii Wants To Reboot Virtua Fighter

It would seem that another motivation for Seichi Ishii to return to Japan involves fighting games – a genre he has spent plenty of time working with. He worked on the original Virtua Fighter during his tenure at Sega and has games like Tekken and Tekken 2 on his CV.
"I would like to start a fighting game project in a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization) or something, and if I can raise the funds, I would like to do it in Japan," says Ishii. "Also, if I can negotiate with Sega and handle the rights to Virtua Fighter, I would like to start a DAO and reboot the IP."
The catch here is that a decentralized autonomous organization is blockchain-based game development – so ...

Article : https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/07/sega-and-namco-legend-seichi-ishii-wants-to-reboot-virtua-fighter

Offline Berto

🇰🇷 South Korea Charts | Week 28, 2024 (Jul 8 - Jul 14)

1 [NSW] Princess Maker 2: Regeneration (NEW)
2 [NSW] Fitness Boxing feat. Hatsune Miku (NEW)
3 [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (-1)
4 [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports (-1)
5 [NSW] Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (-4)

Source : https://x.com/pierre485_/status/1815872941701091604