Author Topic: G4 metroid other M review + butthurt fan rant.  (Read 7414 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: G4 metroid other M review + butthurt fan rant.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 06:08:59 am »
Quote from: "charmed699"
Not sure if it was because I had high expectations after the Prime series, but did not like it that much. Tried it briefly at a Nintendo launch event and it didn't feel responsive in the 1st person mode, without the nunchuck.

Maybe I just need more time with it but will probably buy it when it comes down in price.
It really isn't that bad. If you just judge it as a "metroid: other m". An action packed game with metroid elements, it's really really a fun game.

What threw me of first was how I thought the game would be too easy with the auto aim. But now I played the game I remembered how good team ninja was at making good AI. Enemies are unpredictable and crazy and yet not too hard

The game is just  fun and after playing 3 slowpaced games where you'd have to scan every every corner just to get high %, this straightforward action packed game is a very nice change of pace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 01:12:12 pm »
I rented Other M, and played through the whole thing.

It's the only Metroid game that I actually like. And it's the only Metroid game I played more than 10 minutes of. There's a lot more action compared to previous ones. And it's genuinely challenging.

Though, one thing I thought was stupid was there would be certain moments where you would be forced into first person mode. During these moments, you can't progress unless you focus on one specific spot. And when I say specific, I mean SPECIFIC. You have to point your cursor EXACTLY on ONE LITTLE AREA and keep it there for a couple of seconds. If you don't, it doesn't register. But the problem is they don't even give you a clue at what you're supposed to look at.

The first of these moments, I spent a good 2 or 3 minutes trying to figure out what I was supposed to move the cursor on. I thought I had to find an enemy, but somehow, I accidentally focused on the logo of the ship. (Yes, that's what you had to look at.) NOW I could move on in the game. Seriously, what the hell?

But other than that, the gameplay was good.

Also, the story was pretty good. (Lots of crazy twists, I like that.) But Samus giving monologues during every freakin' scene was really lame. I'm not familiar with Metroid mythos, so I don't know if the story contradicted other games, but it was entertaining.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 04:57:05 pm »
Though, one thing I thought was stupid was there would be certain moments where you would be forced into first person mode. During these moments, you can't progress unless you focus on one specific spot. And when I say specific, I mean SPECIFIC. You have to point your cursor EXACTLY on ONE LITTLE AREA and keep it there for a couple of seconds. If you don't, it doesn't register. But the problem is they don't even give you a clue at what you're supposed to look at.
Doesn't the Prime series require this too?