Author Topic: Conduit 2: Glitch-filled fun  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
Conduit 2: Glitch-filled fun
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:49 am »
"SIGH"

Let me start off the bat that I do like this game. It's much more action-packed and fun than the first and the MP (When it works) reminds me a lot of the first two Halo games. Very well-designed maps.

However, this is seriously the most glitch and bug-filled Sega game since Sonic '06. First level on the oil rig. The game freezes up and I have to reset. Then, a door turns it's wheels over and over and won't open until I go away then come back. Finally, I duck while going through a door and I fall through the level! This is all in the first area!

Luckily, I run into less bugs in the later levels and everything runs much smoother. However. Online has it's shares of problems too. I keep getting booted to the main menu when joining a game. Also, one map had us constantly respawning outside the level and falling to our deaths.

Now, when Conduit 2 works, it's a fun ride that reminds me a bit of Halo. However, that doesn't excuse the ridiculous amount of bugs and glitches I've found. In fact, going on their forums you'll find tons of peopls complaining about glitches even I didn't encounter. High Voltage Software had a lot of time to work on this game and iron it all out. What happened?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Conduit 2: Glitch-filled fun
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:40:40 am »
That sounds awful man. The development team seems to have done their best but it seems that wasn't enough.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:01 am »
Almost the whole studio was fired months ago. The game being held back likely has more to do with marketing than anything else. Maybe online issues at the most.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:15:53 pm »
It was? I thought Sega still had them on board. After all, they also did the upcoming Captain America game for Wii. Although this would explain why the official boards tend to have complaints that go unanswered.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:11:23 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Almost the whole studio was fired months ago. The game being held back likely has more to do with marketing than anything else. Maybe online issues at the most.

25 employees out of about 120 isn't exactly "the whole studio." Granted, it's a large amount of people but they still have 95 people working there, which should have been perfectly fine for releasing a bug-free game. No idea what happened there.

Marketing....what marketing?

The delay's a mystery to me. I'm tempted to say that they likely delayed it to focus on framerate and bugs to the best of their ability, but I guess the time wasn't enough.