Author Topic: gamescom 2010 thread of Sega not being there  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
gamescom 2010 thread of Sega not being there
« on: August 17, 2010, 07:11:29 am »

I think we needed this. The show only starts tomorrow but today there will be at least three press events, from Microsoft, EA and Sony.

So far, Microsoft didn't announce anything new other than having Fable III playable at the event and announcing a limited edition controller with motives from the game. I think there's a new Reach video out as well. Other than that it's pretty much Kinectfest which is fine if you're into that sort of stuff.

EA's press conference kicks off at 4pm (that would be Central European Time) and there have been some rumours floating around about Mass Effect coming to the PS3. I would like to see Mirror's Edge but my friend is betting on Old Republic. I'll have to agree. There will be a lot of FIFA 11 too. They will be broadcasting the press conference here.

Sony's press conference starts at 6pm (again CET). Obviously we'll be seeing a lot of Move stuff. I'm hoping they announce some sort of price drop for the PS3. The slim was announced last year at gamescom so I suppose they could have something for this year.

Have your say.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: gamescom 2010 thread of Sega not being there
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:14:25 am »
That Fable III controller might be one of the ugliest controllers I have ever seen.

Mass Effect 2 was announced for PlayStation 3. That is cool and all (Shadi will now be interested in the series and I can force Aki to try it), but why would you want to start off with the second game first? I realize Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft, but still.

And Sony announced a 160GB model PlayStation 3 for $300 today, not sure if this is related, but that would be lame as shit if this is their big reveal.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:31:35 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
That Fable III controller might be one of the ugliest controllers I have ever seen.

Mass Effect 2 was announced for PlayStation 3. That is cool and all (Shadi will now be interested in the series and I can force Aki to try it), but why would you want to start off with the second game first? I realize Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft, but still.

That's the only genuinely good news from EA's press conference. The Harry Potter game had an interesting concept if I'm totally honest. The lag was definitely there but it looked like it had some potential. It was an on rails third person "shooter". You cast spells and stuff with gestures. Bulletstorm was funny because it's being produced by a pretty girl. Here comes another Assassin's Creed... Hopefully not, the game seems to be shaping up a lot better than what AC turned out.

And Sony announced a 160GB model PlayStation 3 for $300 today, not sure if this is related, but that would be lame as shit if this is their big reveal.

Was it Sony? I thought Gamestop let it slide but quickly removed it from their website. I wouldn't be surprised though, some big retailers here have been selling the 120GB PS3 for €280, €275, instead of the usual €299. Maybe they're clearing stock? I would like to see a price drop, even if it isn't significant. Lose the waggle bundles please. Sony's press conference starts in around 30 minutes, an hour later than scheduled apparently, and there is no video as far as I know. Oh well!

Edit: Amazon has it listed already as well. Boring. :|

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:21 pm »
Sort of pissed, since I just got a PS3, but the 40gb difference does not bother me. THe 50 dollar price drop that will happen does. But eh, too much hassle returning it and all that nonsense. I will just keep mine.

New Sony exclusives announced:
- Ratchet and Clank All 4 One announced (aka Sonic Heroes) 4 Player Co-Op.
- Resistance 3 announced (shocked?)
- Virtua Tennis 4 announced

Obviously

Mass Effect 2 (I won't get this till its cheaper, I got the first one and I didn't think it was worth the 20 bucks I paid)

Pretty good show on Sony's side. Gamescon was not that great overall compared to other events.

BRING ON TGS.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:00:58 pm »
The new Ratchet game is just... odd. @_@

I know that you've already compared it to Sonic Heroes, George, but I'd say that it's also similar to Four Swords Adventures.

Offline George

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 11:24:46 pm »
I think Sonic Heroes would have been more fun with online co-op instead of switching characters.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 12:47:46 pm »
I think Sonic Heroes would have been more fun if it controlled properly at all.

Pretty disappointed no new features were revealed for Halo Reach, and the new level they showed off was probably the least interesting thus far. The new trailer pretty much just showed off the characters faces, which was nice, but I wanted more gameplay!

Offline George

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 02:03:10 pm »
I thought MS was going to show more core games off, at least that Crytek developed one.

TGS, COME ON I WANT MORE LAST GUARDIAN STUFFZ.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 03:06:50 pm »
Again, what's with the whole media blackout on many games?

It's weird, in the last couple of E3s there was never an issue with tons of videos, interviews and whatnot, but this year's Gamescom went almost unnoticed.

The only thing I enjoyed was the MvC3 trailer that came out with features a lot of characters from the planned roster.

There was that Kinect fighting game which was about the only interesting thing they showed.

Fighters Uncaged.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 04:29:08 pm »
>Fighters Uncaged

That's the most generic name this generation so far.
SEG4GES