Author Topic: New GREAT looking Conduit 2 gameplay walkthrough.  (Read 5449 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
New GREAT looking Conduit 2 gameplay walkthrough.
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:30:00 pm »
[youtube:3145u6pb]hVVwJrKCfB0[/youtube:3145u6pb]

I think i've said it before but just in case, I am a big fan of the First conduit game. I owned xbox360 from the beginning and when I got the wii, I could see the wiiremote pointing system take over the analog. Allthough the wiiremote accuracy isn't 1:1 yet(ps move neither allthough more accurate), I really love how it works. It worked well with the metroid prime trilogy but also with Conduit.

Conduit 1 felt short having low production values. It was an excellent game but it fell short. Level design felt repetitive sometimes and the A.I. wasn't all that great. There was also no variation in environments.

I gotta say, that trailer looks really good. They seem to have fixed everything pointed out.

Conduit doesn't seem to get most of you here excited :P, what do you guys think of the trailer?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: New GREAT looking Conduit 2 gameplay walkthrough.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:46:43 pm »
Visuals actually look great.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 03:58:40 pm »
They do!

Anyway, here an impression(preview) by someone who's got to try out the game.

In my recent behind doors play through demonstration of conduit 2, I was very surprised of how many things have changed, not in the bad way either. It felt different, and that’s good because this difference was better. First off I noticed the graphics improvement in this final build, it wasn’t too much from the last game but they improved on the water and shiny metal effects that really squeezed out the wii’s juice. Now the game looks more “cartoonish” from the last one and I believe it was the right way to go because it’s just a sci-fi so it doesn’t have to feel realistic.

I found that the ASE is a lot less annoying. Once you take it out you can search around and hidden objects appear on visor, which you can scan. You get a certain amount of credits/ coins every time you scan. Since the all the weapons have been altered somewhat, I had a little trouble getting used to it. The deatomizer is the biggest change I’ve seen. The main fire is meant mainly for charged shots, which are 2 beams that are connected to each other by a laser to ensure it hits your target. Once you switch to secondary fire, it fires automatically which is not as deadly as the charged shot but shoots rapidly. The phase rifle was fun but tricky to use, there’s a maximum distance in which it can locate a person and you can only shoot through one layer. The gun doesn't automatically auto lock, you will have to keep searching until you find someone. The warp pistol has changed to more of a secondary weapon. It shooters slower than before and the charge shot is not as centered. Even though I did not get to use it, I found out the shrieker’s alternative fire is an automatic fire that shoots until you run out of ammo but you cannot make the shots move wherever you want. The Dark Star has to be my favorite so far, it shoots these pellets (I will call them that for now) and it shows 3 lights, one turns on for each person you kill. Once you kill 3 enemies you will receive the black h ole secondary fire only once until you track 3 kills again. The black h ole sucks anything close into it and be careful and do not do what I did by accidently walking into it.

I played two levels from invasion mode; it’s probably going to be my favorite mode in the game. You go into a game that can have 4 players split screen with 4 different load outs. Your task? Simple…KILL EVERYONE and collect their coins to use in the game store for armor and guns. And that really reminds me of my fun days playing star wars battlefront, except you have less people.

This play through was just amazing of what high voltage can put into the itsy bitsy little wii. Extended story, amazing graphics and weapons, invasion mode, split screen and online multiplayer. It’s everything you can ask for in an FPS especially for being wii exclusive. I must force myself to be patient until it comes out in 2 months. It has to be my most anticipated game of all time and it is just simply amazing how big this game is.

Source: http://the-conduit.ning.com/profiles/bl ... y-jonathan

Video of his playthrough: [youtube:uctx62ld]WxJHs3fffVw[/youtube:uctx62ld]

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 04:13:23 pm »
Sorry for the double post. This isn't related to the previous post.

Destructoid preview of the game.....

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-cond ... 3033.phtml

.....and a good interview attached. Pretty hilarious :P

[youtube:1ber5v01]18nAaEKW5eE[/youtube:1ber5v01]

There's some stuff about 3ds too

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:11:10 pm »
The graphics are kind of worse than I was expecting, but not bad. The shadows phasing through walls is kind of bad, but some HD games have that anyways.

The biggest complaint I have right now is how when you are given the choice to pick up a new weapon. The shape of the weapon should appear, not just it's name. I have played some games that require me to remember the name of weapons before and it would take hours upon hours for them to stick.

Offline Essay

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 10:33:16 pm »
Ugh, on one hand I want to watch the whole thing.  On the other, I'm afraid I might trip over a spoiler.  (I was reading a new preview on a site and whoever wrote the preview just totally blew a major plot twist for me.  I was tantalized, but at the same time wish I didn't hear it until I played through.)

Can't wait.   :mrgreen:

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 02:00:11 pm »
Hey welcome to the forum fellow conduit player :P.

I think where it comes down to is if conduit 2 is going to beat it's competition, goldeneye 007. Ever since that game people didn't really have a reason to play the first conduit's multiplayer mode anymore (while I still did now and than just for lulz). Goldeneye was really a solid fps for the wii. If it beats goldeneye than High voltage have done an excellent job :D

Offline Essay

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 03:54:30 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
Hey welcome to the forum fellow conduit player :P.

I think where it comes down to is if conduit 2 is going to beat it's competition, goldeneye 007. Ever since that game people didn't really have a reason to play the first conduit's multiplayer mode anymore (while I still did now and than just for lulz). Goldeneye was really a solid fps for the wii. If it beats goldeneye than High voltage have done an excellent job :D

Thank you for the welcome.  

You know what's funny--as good of a game that GoldenEye is...I find myself constantly going back to the Conduit.  It could be due to a number of reasons:

-I enjoy the mythos of the Conduit universe more than a realistic game.
-I could never perfect GoldenEye controls.
-I feel more like an actual entity with my own custom character in the Conduit multiplayer.
-Feels like you die easier in GoldenEye multiplayer, making shoot-outs less dramatic.  The sprint button is nice though in a jam, provided you have the opportunity to use it.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 08:36:56 pm »
Wonks if you like the Conduit universe mythos you should give the HalfLife games a go, they are kind of trying to immitate HalfLifes G man type storyline here.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 04:28:39 am »
I can sorta see where you're getting that from.. but there's still enough to make conduit unique aside from being one of the few good fps on the wii. It's like with halo that also took some from half life and yet became a succes by also doing alot of it's own thing (great landscapes/vehicles).

Conduit feels more like halo to me however. The monsters, weapons and futuristic style are a few things that give that halo vibe to me, in a positive way that is.

Offline Essay

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 12:19:20 am »
Thank you for the tip, Sharky.  I did play the first Half Life, and it was a fantastic game.  Since that time, my propensity for PC gaming waned, and to be honest, I'm kind of in deep-seeded groove when it comes to gaming.

Which is to say, I've only got enough money and--perhaps more importantly--free time to dedicate to one console and one handheld.  Games, unless able to be procured for cheap, are selectively chosen.  I found something in the Conduit that captured my attention like no other first-person shooter had done since the days of the N64, and I'm going to stick with that until the well runs dry.

While other games like Call of Duty, Half-Life 2, Resistance, et al. are without question terrific games, I just don't envision seeing myself playing them at any great length.

CrazyTails, I totally agree on the Halo-vibe that the Conduit gives off.  I don't think I'm going off on a limb by saying much of this was intentional (who wouldn't want to replicate the success of the most popular sci-fi FPS ever?).  The two weapon at any time choices, the relationship between Mr. Ford and Promethieus is similar to Master Chief and Cortanta, the conspiracies, the regenerating health, etc.

That might be my one complaint of the Conduit (can we call it a series now?).  I think the ASE was one component that could have differentiated the game from others--something that could really make it unique.  I'm not saying if the ASE was better implemented it would have sold more.  I just mean it would have been that little "something extra."  I know the ASE is an incredible device, but if I'm risking my neck in ASE Football, I need to know a lot more of its secrets than discovering hidden enemies, mines, secrets, and now housing the disembodied Promethieus.  Just look at United States' Great Seal and the ASE--there's got to be some huge connection waiting to be unearthed.

I think Conduit 2 will rectify all these minor complaints.  A lot of what HVS "missed the mark" with in the Conduit, I can and have overlooked.  Even the ASE looks to have new purpose.  From the storyline to cut-scenes, a suped-up multiplayer, High Voltage looks to make this a defining game in the Wii library.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 10:01:38 am »
I like reading about this series and seeing the latest videos,  and I enjoy seeing High Voltage get the attention. It's great for them to be pushing to get "the kind of games on the Wii that gamers actually want." I wish their sales were better, but at least they're making money.

I wanted to try Conduit, but it came out at a time that I didn't have any money for it... no doubt I should still try to get a copy soon.

The main thing I noticed in the videos for the sequel is how they put a depth-of-field blur every time you reload. I bought Goldeneye, and rather enjoyed it... yet it did have this same annoying feature. At first I thought it was a nice touch, but after 3 levels in, I couldn't stand it anymore. It'd make more sense if they randomized the effect. I seriously doubt a skilled soldier has to look at the gun every time they reload.

I hope this game does well, and that I can spare $50 to pick up a copy.

Offline Essay

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 07:37:06 pm »
Quote from: "segaismysavior"
The main thing I noticed in the videos for the sequel is how they put a depth-of-field blur every time you reload. I bought Goldeneye, and rather enjoyed it... yet it did have this same annoying feature. At first I thought it was a nice touch, but after 3 levels in, I couldn't stand it anymore. It'd make more sense if they randomized the effect. I seriously doubt a skilled soldier has to look at the gun every time they reload.

Ha!  I like the blur effect, but that is a good point.
I couldn't say for certain off-hand, but I think the game gives you the option to turn it off.