Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version  (Read 15295 times)

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 03:34:22 am »
Quote from: "George"
Their output is so disappointing. I don't know how Nintendo fans can be excited. I was at target the other day and the 3DS was finally set up, it was a weekend so I expected a line of stupid kids with sticky hands hitting the device. It was empty, the kids where all playing console games.

I decided to try it, thinking it was going to have the Super Street Fighter demo from Gamestop. To my surprise this one had Pilotwings Resort. The 3D was just a blurry. I read reviews for it that praised it... I thought maybe I was crazy. I showed the people with me the game and they all said it looked blurry. So I tried angles, the best I could get it still looked shit.

I played a few rounds of the game (fly here, fly there) and was super unimpressed. Yet the game got pretty good score. I'm sure its a playable game, but its like no one has high expectations for new hardware.

Did you try adjusting the 3D slider? I have the game and it has some very strong 3D so I use the lowest setting. Regardless, you guessed correctly, it's a very average game but Pilotwings was always an average series really. Not sure why Nintendo fans build it up, I was one of them for Pilotwings 64, still didn't get it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 05:50:44 am »
Capcom getting funding for their newest game directly from their fans, both a stroke of genius and the dumbest thing I've heard a development company do in a long time.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 06:23:25 am »
Okay, so, I started playing Megaman Legends. Controls are ROUGH! but the game has a lot of character, and due to the really nice art direction the visuals have aged much better than your typical 3D game from the era. Need to get used to the controls again, but otherwise it seems the game has held up pretty well.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 07:22:34 am »
Their output is so disappointing. I don't know how Nintendo fans can be excited. I was at target the other day and the 3DS was finally set up, it was a weekend so I expected a line of stupid kids with sticky hands hitting the device. It was empty, the kids where all playing console games.

I decided to try it, thinking it was going to have the Super Street Fighter demo from Gamestop. To my surprise this one had Pilotwings Resort. The 3D was just a blurry. I read reviews for it that praised it... I thought maybe I was crazy. I showed the people with me the game and they all said it looked blurry. So I tried angles, the best I could get it still looked shit.

I played a few rounds of the game (fly here, fly there) and was super unimpressed. Yet the game got pretty good score. I'm sure its a playable game, but its like no one has high expectations for new hardware.

Same thing here! Went to Target, the 3dS was sitting out with nobody giving it a try. I walked over and game Pilotwings a try. 3D was blurry, I felt my eyes going a bit crossed to adjust. I tried moving my eyes from the 3D screen to the 2D screen and looking around the store then back at the 3D. Made me dizzy having to adjust my eyes each time. There were moments when the 3D really worked, but most of the time it was (like I said) blurry. Tried the slider, and frankly I enjoyed the game more with it off or nearly off. Though at that point I wasn't utilizing the systems most important feature, so I found very little reason to own one.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 03:58:28 pm »
I found Pilotwings Resort pretty fun.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 10:29:27 pm »
I think this video review by Yahtzee described it best:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... ntendo-3DS

Feels weird, someone mainstream in the press not praising Nintendo...

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 11:11:33 pm »
I think this video review by Yahtzee described it best:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... ntendo-3DS

I'd say his analysis was pretty fair, though I left 3D on when messing with the augmented stuff. Pilotwings is definitely lazy though, unarguably so. If Amazon hadn't given me $25 off a launch title no way I would have grabbed it. Also, I forgot Kid Icarus, I am interested in that. The only port I am interested in is MGS 3D because I never played the original on PS2.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:33 pm »
I think this video review by Yahtzee described it best

I figured you would agree with what he says about it.

GamesRadar and Kotaku sometimes make Nintendo bashing moments in their articles.

Offline George

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 11:52:01 pm »
Actually its very rare that I agree with Yahtzee. I feel some of his reviews are not really.. well reviewed well.

Like he will say "This game makes you jump a lot like a spastic and shoot" ... ok... like if I buy a platformer.. I expect it.

He basically takes a standard gameplay element and acts like its bad. He also hates 'leveling up' in non RPG games. Makes no sense to me.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 12:06:56 am »
Actually its very rare that I agree with Yahtzee. I feel some of his reviews are not really.. well reviewed well.

Like he will say "This game makes you jump a lot like a spastic and shoot" ... ok... like if I buy a platformer.. I expect it.

He basically takes a standard gameplay element and acts like its bad. He also hates 'leveling up' in non RPG games. Makes no sense to me.

He is mainly for comedy, but sometimes he does make a witty observation. Though I might agree with him on leveling in non-rpg games. Cannot think of a time I have ever liked that.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 09:34:19 am »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"
I'd say his analysis was pretty fair, though I left 3D on when messing with the augmented stuff. Pilotwings is definitely lazy though, unarguably so. If Amazon hadn't given me $25 off a launch title no way I would have grabbed it. Also, I forgot Kid Icarus, I am interested in that. The only port I am interested in is MGS 3D because I never played the original on PS2.

MGS 3 is probably still my favourite title in the series. It should be interesting to see what they do with it.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 03:20:06 pm »
Quote from: "SOUP"
MGS 3 is probably still my favourite title in the series. It should be interesting to see what they do with it.

Yahtzee said that MGS3 is one of his favorite MGS games on his Halo: Reach Extra Punctuation article.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 05:03:46 pm »
It probably has the least "out there" story in the whole series, and placing itself right in the Cold War brings along a cool James Bond vibe. Except Snake is much more badass than James Bond.

Offline George

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 05:28:44 pm »
Me:
MGS>MGS3>MGS4>MGS2

Offline SOUP

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 05:56:31 pm »
Me:
MGS3:Subistence>MGS:Peace Walker>MGS4>MGS>MGS2>MGS:Portable Ops>Metal Gear 2>Metal Gear