Author Topic: Anarchy Reigns | Multiplayer Gameplay Walkthrough  (Read 6826 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Anarchy Reigns | Multiplayer Gameplay Walkthrough
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:54:10 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDExIf_SaWQ

The Lag issues in previous footage are gone... the game looks awesome and smooth, PlatinumGames are apparently cooking up another great game!

The highlight of the video was the Rampage meter, Its funny how everyone runs from you when you activate it, very hilarious! Also, you can have a showdown of fists with another one with a Rampage meter! The game reminds me sometimes of Power Stone when you get the Power Stones.

I'm now excited again!

Also, according to SEGA's PR the Single-player is more than 10 hours

Single-player, two characters.

Play either as Jack or Leo in the ultimate 'survival of the fittest'. In true PlatinumGames form, each character brings a unique style and feel to the single-player Campaign mode, providing over 10 hours of gameplay.
More than 10 hours? I thought it was 3 or 4 hours tops... considering its a Multiplayer focused game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Anarchy Reigns | Multiplayer Gameplay Walkthrough
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:38:27 pm »
Looks pretty good, but I'll really need to try it hands-on before I know for sure.  EDIT:  I mean, before I know for sure if I'll get it.  I'm sure it's going to be a good game, just not quite sure it's for my tastes.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:02:35 am by Centrale »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:14:39 pm »
Yeah I really like it

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 10:29:09 am »
Certainly interested!

I hope that the partnership between SEGA and Platinum Games will not end here.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Pao

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 07:26:44 am »
Direct-Feed Gameplay Demonstration

[youtube:1ydp101r]TbKP35tO2Fw[/youtube:1ydp101r]

Offline Pao

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »
Gamespot Preview has some interesting tidbits:

While Inaba has yet to reveal the number of selectable characters, we managed to take a peek at the character selection slot and saw nine extra slots on the character roster, making the current roster a grand total of 17 characters at this point. There will also be 10 different color palettes to choose from for each of the characters.

Inaba also said that players can customize abilities only on the multiplayer segments; the move set and abilities in the single-player mode remain the same. As you play and get more experience online, you can use these points to unlock abilities and additional skills. The catch is that players can only equip one skill for a fight. One example of such a skill includes the ability to pull off quicker and farther-reaching throws on opponents. Inaba added that if you pull off kills consecutively, you gain momentum and become powerful for a short period of time. Anarchy Reigns seems to follow the unlocking options and kill streak bonuses from the recent Call of Duty games, which makes sense because it provides incentives for players to commit themselves to the game.

While brawling is the main course of Anarchy Reigns, Saito said that there will be some variety in the missions. Some of them require players to explore the map, pick up certain objects, or even do certain "chores" before activating a boss fight in an area. The duo wasn't forthcoming on the details of these chores, so it remains to be seen how much variety the campaign will have apart from "beat X number of guys."

The game's single-player story is split between the black and white side, with the former starring the double-chainsaw-wielding Jack and the latter part told by the Positron blade-amped Leo's viewpoint. After both sides of the story are complete, there will be a new chapter that opens up to tie up all the loose ends of the story in one supposed climax. The demo shown by Inaba showed off a fight between Jack, assisted by an AI-controlled Baron and Mathilda, and ninja Zero with his motley crew of cyborg ninjas.

http://http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/anarchy-reigns/news/6319612/anarchy-reigns-updated-hands-on-preview

So the black side is Jack, Baron, and Mathilda, while the White side is Leo, Sasha, and Nikolai.  Black for me, thanks.

Good to see confirmation that there's 17 characters, more than enough I'd say.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 11:23:59 am »
Quote from: "Pao"
Direct-Feed Gameplay Demonstration

[youtube:14papnen]TbKP35tO2Fw[/youtube:14papnen]

You know that kid JP, not that he's ever done anything to me personally but I hate how up his own arse he is.

The way I've seen him act on the PG Forum pisses me off, he's clearly aroused by the power of his job and makes a point of being overly aggressive towards people. He's like a little fat nerd that landed his dream job (A Japanese game developers bitch) but then instead of being thankful he got really snotty and arrogant.
Made by SEGA

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 07:36:33 pm »
So here is one of the characters remaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiAzjtJIYas#ws

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:44:13 pm by Deefy »
SEGA STYLE

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 05:23:05 am »
You know that kid JP, not that he's ever done anything to me personally but I hate how up his own arse he is.

The way I've seen him act on the PG Forum pisses me off, he's clearly aroused by the power of his job and makes a point of being overly aggressive towards people. He's like a little fat nerd that landed his dream job (A Japanese game developers bitch) but then instead of being thankful he got really snotty and arrogant.
Sharky,ya gotta get over it. For yer own sanity if anything else. But i admit he is offputting from the vids I've seen on youtube but i never seen him in action over at the PG forums since i don't go there.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 07:40:30 am »
I forgot this game even existed.... just what are they doing? Looks like another Iron Phoenix if anyone remembers that (you probably do not for good reason). I do not like Platinum Games much, but they should be above this.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 05:22:50 am »
I already said that when the first pics came out, keep up.
As for Durga,well he's not the only cyborg to have featured in a Sega made/published fighting game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjbSrrkaI78#

But then there was cosmic carnage as well.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 04:32:20 pm »
I forgot this game even existed.... just what are they doing? Looks like another Iron Phoenix if anyone remembers that (you probably do not for good reason). I do not like Platinum Games much, but they should be above this.

Really? I would have thought their ostentatiousness would appeal to you.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 11:43:36 pm »
I was just playing Eternal Champions online with a friend the other night.  Kega Fusion emulator netplay FTW!  Great characters and level design in that game.  But Anarchy Reigns doesn't really remind me of it.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 05:47:34 am »
I was just playing Eternal Champions online with a friend the other night.  Kega Fusion emulator netplay FTW!  Great characters and level design in that game.  But Anarchy Reigns doesn't really remind me of it.
No it doesn't, just the fact it has a cyborg fighter in the game like EC has, that's what i was comparing it too. AR may be more in line with SPIKE OUT and IP style of gameplay even though it may be inspired by more capcom style multifighters.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 07:40:04 am »
So, how bout that Oinkie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_9TmIYdp_E#ws

I like his spin dash attack.