Author Topic: Gametrailers previews Binary Domain  (Read 9327 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Gametrailers previews Binary Domain
« on: December 27, 2011, 06:27:55 am »
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-binary-domain/725282

Best and most accurate preview i've seen yet. I really dig what I saw

The comments seem to be very positive as well.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:00:26 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Gametrailers previews Binary Domain
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 01:01:59 pm »
Sounds really interesting.. but.. the shooting gameplay is just urrggh

also, I'll never be able to stop laughing at that black guys voice, sounds like he will be talking throughout the whole game as you play XDD its so stereotypical

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:28:07 pm »
the shooting gameplay is just urrggh

the shooting gameplay in this game is just PERFECT.

to me it feels much much better than Gears of War.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 07:35:33 pm »
Yay, finally getting some previews!

Game looks fun. Environments just look bland to me but hopefully the fun gameplay and story makes up for it.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »
Sure it looks bland, but so did VANQUISH... Turned out to be the best 3rd Person Shooter I have ever played.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:16:40 pm »
I don't really get what's being meant with bland... because to me it looks like the setting being exactly what it tries to be. A futuristic tokyo with all that comes with it. I really don't get what's missing, because to me it just looks amazing.

The VA is for me the most questionable, but I gotta hear more before judging. Just like sharky mentioned, vanquish had the exact same thing with the VA and visuals, but it ended up being the best tps for me as well. And to me visually this looks way better.

I think what is really going to set the atmosphere (which can also be taken from the preview) is the music.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:23:14 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Ben

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:50:37 pm »
I don't really get what's being meant with bland... because to me it looks like the setting being exactly what it tries to be. A futuristic tokyo with all that comes with it. I really don't get what's missing, because to me it just looks amazing.

Futuristic Tokyo's a cool setting. Why so many corridors?

Vanquish always looked awesome visually. This game's art direction just doesn't look as good to me, though the visuals have definitely come a long way since E3.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 09:17:54 pm »
Futuristic Tokyo's a cool setting. Why so many corridors?

If by corridors you mean reception rooms, street paths, sewer and subway systems... I am entirely sure that they too would have them in the future. Outside of that, a good amount of the game has open spaces.

Vanquish always looked awesome visually. This game's art direction just doesn't look as good to me, though the visuals have definitely come a long way since E3.

The visuals are almost the same... They have not changed much from the E3 or Eurogamer build, not that they had to mind.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 11:09:34 pm »
This game's art direction just doesn't look as good to me
the art direction in this game is what it should be!
PG created the settings of VANQUISH like if it were far in future with much better advanced technology... that's why everything was crazier design wise.
in the case of Binary Domain the team is creating a believable 2080 settings... so everything in the game world would feel like it make sense. 

but i still hate the americanized design of the main characters though...

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:31:48 pm by Suzuki Yu »

Offline Ben

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 02:04:27 am »
Japan's probably going to look very crazy in 2080; it already looks crazy now, lol.

The visuals are almost the same... They have not changed much from the E3 or Eurogamer build, not that they had to mind.

Nah at E3 the game carried a very muddy look to it. Things now at least look much sharper and a bit more detailed, I just hope we get more open areas and less hallways.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36:39 am »
Japan's probably going to look very crazy in 2080; it already looks crazy now, lol.

Nah at E3 the game carried a very muddy look to it. Things now at least look much sharper and a bit more detailed, I just hope we get more open areas and less hallways.

Spot on the game looks stunning and has come on a huge way since it was 1st shown off with brilliant use of next gen shaders : some decent environment mapping , great use of dust particles and debris even a bit of motion blur too and to top it all off some great animation of the huge bosses and enemies - I love the way the team have mixed in the Dead Space  and Ninja Gaiden II dismemberment system 

On the GFX front its the equal to the likes of Gears and Lost Planet and that's all you want and its plays as good as it looks SEGA is on to a winner . The AI and trust system could be the only parts that let the game down has Japan does not really have a good recorded on AI compared to the west

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 03:14:48 pm »

They are not aiming for crazy, they are aiming for a closer representation of what Japan may look like in 2080. Especially with consideration to global warming. Keep in mind most science fiction storylines are usually always wrong with settings so I'd say they are probably closer to the future would be.

Having seen a lot of E3 videos and having played it at Eurogamer, I honestly cannot see much of a difference. In any case the majority of the game they have shown so far has a mix of level design which looks good so far.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 06:14:24 pm »
I was sold on this game when Aki showed me a gameplay video where the guy was all like "French Robot, I need you to provide covering fire!", and the robot said the most smug, french voice ever "I disagree!". I imagine he then pissed off and had a cigarette in the corner or something instead.

Offline Ben

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 11:41:44 pm »
Having seen a lot of E3 videos and having played it at Eurogamer, I honestly cannot see much of a difference. In any case the majority of the game they have shown so far has a mix of level design which looks good so far.

I played it for a lil' at E3 and to me the visuals definitely look better now, at least to me. A heck of a lot more vibrant.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 07:39:40 am »
There a new vid/interview up on XBL with the main man Masayoshi Kikuchi.

Game just looks really awesome with each new build
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure