Author Topic: G4 metroid other M review + butthurt fan rant.  (Read 7416 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
G4 metroid other M review + butthurt fan rant.
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:33 pm »
[youtube:1j7j7vj0]-wEEikrTKVE[/youtube:1j7j7vj0]

I enjoy this too no end, The guys counter argument is so bad... and I get some sick pleasure out of seeing Nintendo fanboys all angry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: G4 metroid other M review + butthurt fan rant.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:34:40 pm »
Well the technology needed for stories has not been around until now, so he has a point.

I called it a long time ago. Team Ninja without Itagaki can still make 'cool looking' and very detailed, fast paced games, but they do not know how to make games special anymore. Look at Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, they did not try to make the game any better, they just added random crap that had nothing to do with the series that actually hurt the experience because they liked how it looked or some nonsense. I expect Metroid Other M to be a hit even though being story based has nothing to do with the entire franchise, and the later releases will probably follow this format from here on out too, so I am not going to bother most likely.

I am so pissed at how Nintendo has treated Metroid after Zero Mission... There used to be a time when it Samus was the MOST respected female character in a videogame series, but now they are just going to forget about that and hope to sell on her appearances as much as possible. Everyone can ruin their franchises, not just SEGA (and by that I mostly mean Sonic Team)!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:39:22 pm »
A title that changes so much of what was originally Metroid to something that drastically altered it to the point I do not think I'll be buying it?

Sounds to me more like Metroid fans should be the ones ranting about what's happened to Metroid.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 05:53:08 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Sounds to me more like Metroid fans should be the ones ranting about what's happened to Metroid.
No. That's the Sonic-fan way.
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 11:08:14 am »
I think the review is interesting and funny, and this guy is an idiot.  He yells about her not talking about the gameplay through the whole thing, and when she talkls about the gameplay, he ignores it.

I guess Nintendo is incapable of making mistakes.  This guy is a whiny idiot.

Also, she makes a good point.  Samus is not some icon for feminism.  The big reveal at the end of Metroid was, "Oh my god, Samus is a woman!".  Now today that wouldn't be a big deal, but back then it was like, "tricked you, you were playing a woman that whole time.  Can you believe a woman was capable of doing all that awesome stuff?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 11:18:46 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"
No. That's the Sonic-fan way.

Well appearently they are following the Sonic-fan way, a lot of them are really disliking the changes to the series.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 11:36:55 am »
I was just joking. They should.
The review is right though, the characterization of Samus from what I've seen is awful.

I'm also enjoying myself going headfirst against Metroid fans posting in that video. In 2 posts they go from "I see your point but" to "omg go fuck a disabled girl". I love nintendo fans.
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 11:41:39 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"
The review is right though, the characterization of Samus from what I've seen is awful.

It's not just that, Metroid is a game series that did not and should never have focused on plot.

There was a time when a storyline was an excuse for a game, instead of a game being an excuse for storyline. Metroid, Sonic, Mario, Megaman etc all fall into the former and I think Nintendo forgot that when they commissioned development for this game.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 02:11:25 pm »
Even though I may never play this game for myself, if what Abbey Heppe wrote is true, then I completely empathize with her views of the game's narrative and how they treat the Samus character.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:26:41 pm by fluffymoochicken »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 03:53:34 pm »
Lol I pointed out to the dude in the video how his argumentation was flawed and he said I'm stupid and don't understand how reviews work. This is fun.
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 06:22:54 pm »
I read some of those comments.  I don't know how you keep from getting angry at these 12-year old morons.

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 12:31:29 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
I read some of those comments.  I don't know how you keep from getting angry at these 12-year old morons.
Was there ever a reason to like a 12 year old?

I hate these types of rants. The Bill O'Reilly types that disregard shit. Not because I disagree with it, but because it's such a cop out method of debate. I see it in every comment sections in reviews now. They bitch, yet, when confronted to make a counter-argument they hide their tail between their legs and run off. The point of a review (a well revised one) is to be critical. If you can't make your own judgment from a review, agree with it or not, you're doing it wrong.

Take this kid's stance of reviews themselves; a reviewer can't base their personal beliefs when judging a game? Sorry, kid, but that's kind of how every review works. Otherwise, you will get something like this:
http://www.destructoid.com/100-objectiv ... 9178.phtml

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 06:53:29 pm »
This is like the only Metroid game that I ever had an interest in. And I still want to play it despite everyone claiming it's the weakest of all the Metroid games.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 11:29:28 am »
Metroid other M is a cool game. I'm enjoying it a lot. I finished the whole trilogy and the change is actually really welcoming after 3 hardcore, slowpaced exploring games.

It's also a lot of fun and the story while everyone's bashing it, is okay. It drivens you through the game.

Also samus is hotter than ever :afroman:

Ow yea, ontopic:

That woman needs a slap in the face

Offline charmed699

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 03:31:08 pm »
Not sure if it was because I had high expectations after the Prime series, but did not like it that much. Tried it briefly at a Nintendo launch event and it didn't feel responsive in the 1st person mode, without the nunchuck.

Maybe I just need more time with it but will probably buy it when it comes down in price.