Author Topic: SEGA has recorded two new trademarks relative to PS!  (Read 13412 times)

Offline Ulala5

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA has recorded two new trademarks relative to PS!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 12:14:24 pm »
I don't think that PSU + AotI is a bad game, is not good as PSO and imho they tried to put too many innovations on it that in the end are really confusing. But in general i liked the game and spent several hours playing both story and side quests. I'd like the new PS will be more similar to PSO but with a new attack system (something more than press X and Y)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Go Go Channel 5

[Xbox Gamercards

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 04:27:30 pm »
I agree with Ulala. I played it on the 360, better add since you are complaining about the PS2 version. Everything was smooth.

I hope the new one is monthly cheaper too.
I do have a "problem" with paying 15 bucks a month for a single game. And the previous payment methods weren't my cup of tea either. I only have a debit card and it's a pain to pay for stuff online with it.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »
I played on pc with no slowdowns whatsoever on high settings and still thought the game was flawed.

PSU was a start in a new direction, sadly it was a step backwards from pso. It wasn't just the new mechanics I disliked. What I dislike the most about psu were the fields, they were all so open and yet so dead and plain. I prefered Pso's style of fields which had perfect field sizes (thinking of forest, mines, ruins, jungle forest etcetera) and were so alive.

It just felt nicer to me

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 05:05:02 pm »
Im pretty sure PSU was developed for the ps2 first and foremost.  That's nice that you got to play it on 360 though.  It's fun playing ps2 quality games on next generation hardware isn't it?  You didn't feel, I dunno, gypped or anything?

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 05:13:04 pm »
Anything above Dreamcast graphics is fine by me. I'm not a fan of HD either.
Overall I simply don't care about graphics.. I just enjoy them if they are there.
SEG4GES

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 06:06:34 pm »
Quote from: "Radrappy"
Im pretty sure PSU was developed for the ps2 first and foremost.  That's nice that you got to play it on 360 though.  It's fun playing ps2 quality games on next generation hardware isn't it?  You didn't feel, I dunno, gypped or anything?

It looks and runs great on 360...

I despised online play and don't support the game in the least, but I had zero performance issues.  The PS2 version ran like crap.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 07:13:44 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
I played on pc with no slowdowns whatsoever on high settings and still thought the game was flawed.

PSU was a start in a new direction, sadly it was a step backwards from pso. It wasn't just the new mechanics I disliked. What I dislike the most about psu were the fields, they were all so open and yet so dead and plain. I prefered Pso's style of fields which had perfect field sizes (thinking of forest, mines, ruins, jungle forest etcetera) and were so alive.

It just felt nicer to me

I agree with this, I felt all of the locations in PSU were very samey and boring... If they weren't taking place in recolours of boring dungeons, it was very plain outdoor locations with no real set peices.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 08:00:29 pm »
Yeah it was a bit bland, but the gameplay was still great. And even PSO wasn't much of a bigshot at level variety itself..
SEG4GES

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 08:05:24 pm »
I don't know about that.  Each of the four levels in PSO were uniquely atmospheric.  From the water dripping in caves 2 to the clickity clank of the machines in mines, each area was overflowing with personality.  Also the levels were comprised of multiple segments.  Forest one had a day segment followed by a stormy section in which the central dome was visible.  Caves was the most diverse of all, from magma to underground gardens.  Mines 1 had a functional segment followed by a dilapidated one.  My point is that there was a clear progression.  That's what was so appealing/exciting.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:59:45 pm by Radrappy »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 08:21:09 pm »
Yes, but in reality you were playing in the same environments over and over again.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I like it better that way too. But it's little variety really.

I did like the progression you talk about too.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 10:14:39 pm »
Na I agree with Radrappy, The areas in PSO were atmosphere overload, I loved everything... The caves and mines were amazingly colourful and unique.

And Forest 2 where the Pioneer 1 centreal dome looms in the background was fantastic/chilling... Later Episode 2 and 4 added some even more interesting levels.

Each level often had a big set peice room/area that woahed you too... PSU lacked this.

PSUs locations all feel very dull and samey... Most are closed in, boring dungeons that feel like pallet swaps of the previous one with no set peice rooms or anything exciting to break up the grind.

Portable 2 is a nice improvement I think and I reckon the next main PSO will bring back that uniqueness under the guidance of Sakai-San.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 10:23:42 pm »
Well.. okay, that's a more positive way of looking at it.

I too prefer PSO, don't mistaken me ;)
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 10:49:51 pm »
I am worried if it really is Phantasy Star Online 2 it does not take too many ideas from the Monster Hunter series. Of course it will, considering how big that has gotten, but those games do a lot I really do not think is much fun at all, just tedious.

Honestly, I had a lot of fun with offline modes in Phantasy Star Online. If they can make it slightly more interesting than what was here I would really get very excited.

...If it is for the HD consoles, mind you!

Oh, and let my custom character have a mustache, dammit!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 10:59:29 pm »
Did PSP2 take ideas from Monster Hunter?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 04:17:25 am »
As far as I'm aware, Phantasy Star Portable only feed off of Monster Hunter's popularity, rather than feeding off of the general design. Much in the same way that Namco title did and a few others are starting to do the same now too.