Author Topic: The "Dude, What Game Should I Buy?" Thread  (Read 19124 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: The "Dude, What Game Should I Buy?" Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 08:23:36 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Where is the love for PAIN on the PSN?!? It has the original Knight Rider and Andy Dick, what else could anyone want?
Spending the cash they are asking for that game and buying a Ken doll and throwing it into traffic is way more enjoyable and accomplishing.

Little Big Planet is awesome. GT5 is good if you like racing.
A game that surprised m and I freaking love is Everybody's Golf!

You should download Wipeout HD as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 09:17:19 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Ah gots furniture and an engagement rang 't buy! 300 dollas can't be goin twords another gamin box!

Though a bundle would definitly be a plus. B)
Shoulda scooped up the Slim w/Batman and Infamous.

I expect another bundle later this winter. I would suggest Sony put in God of War III and Heavy Rain for the mature box and LBP GOTY and Mod Nation Racer for the kiddie pack.

There. Done. Sell 500,000 units.

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 11:17:20 am »
I know you only like blue sky games but would reccomend infamous and uncharted 2 to any gamer.

Little big planet us great but the second will allow even more accurate sega remakes/ updates.

Ratchet and clank a crack in time is almost like a cgi cartoon and very fun. The hoverboot levels are what sonic team should take a note of.

Modnation racers, darksiders, 3d dot game heroes are all well recieved too.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 11:30:19 am »
I never got why inFamous is a good game. It's boring, the controls aren't fluid, the "moral choices" are tacky and ridiculous..
SEG4GES

Offline George

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 11:40:34 am »
I have infamous, but I have not played it yet. I want to get through some other games first, then take it for a spin. But I have seen my brother play it and it looks really fun. After playing Crackdown and (right now going through) GTAIV, the open world in the game has waaaaaaaaaay better graphics and effects.

Crackdude is hating it cuz its by Sony and not on iPad.

Uncharted 2, inFamous and even LBP have demos via PSN, so you will be able to judge your self if the games are worth your money. Thouuuuuuuuuuuuugh, if you go on Amazon you can get LBP or Infamous with a controller for 60. That is rather good since controllers are $55 retail.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2010, 11:48:32 am »
I'm actually really pumped for 'The Last Guardian'. Once that hits, a PS3 will be very tempting. Also, I'd love for Yakuza 4 to hit the US.

Which brings me to this question: Should I play Yakuza 1&2 in order, or should I play 2 first due to its "betterness"?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 01:00:09 pm »
Which brings me to this question: Should I play Yakuza 1&2 in order, or should I play 2 first due to its "betterness"?

Play the games in order. The first game is almost unplayable to me after Yakuza 2.

I would say Uncharted 2 though is the definitive PlayStation 3 action game. Excellent campaign mode with the best multiplayer gameplay I have ever seen for a platformer. An absolute must buy.

As for what everyone else is saying, I really only otherwise agree with Yakuza 3. Most mentioned in here are at least worth a rental (like Uncharted 1, which can be beaten in a few hours - Or just bought for a really cheap price), but I am interested in 3D Game Dot Heroes though, for obvious reasons.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2010, 02:34:40 pm »
I'm actually really pumped for 'The Last Guardian'. Once that hits, a PS3 will be very tempting. Also, I'd love for Yakuza 4 to hit the US.

It's worth playing throught the first one for the story alone. Watching the little recaps at the beginning of the sequels gives you the idea of what's happened, but you miss out on all the character moments that make it such a great series.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2010, 02:48:12 pm »
A new PS2 is on the "buy" list before a PS3. My fuckin' fat PS2 has a faulty video out, so I can't do component video... only basic AV cables which look shit on an HDTV. I won't get all ranty on the PS3, but I'm still pissed that it is not PS2 compatible (i'm not interested in hunting down a fat model that is BC capable).  A BC PS3 slim would kill two birds with one stone, and allow for Yakuza 1-3 on one system. Sigh...

Anyway, thanks to advice everybody! I'll keep it in mind when the PS3 day comes.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 02:56:27 pm »
^^^I would just wait to get one PlayStation 3 when they re-introduce BC support. They say they will not, but they are obviously just trying to keep the PlayStation 2 alive for now because it still makes money. Either around this Holiday or right after is when I am most certain they will bring it back.

Just get Yakuza 1 and 2 now (especially 2 as it is getting harder and harder to come by), keep them on your shelf for when the time comes. They are worth waiting for, trust me.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 04:40:43 pm »
Good advice. My buying and completion of Yakuza 1&2 (and Shadow of Colossus) are "to-do's" before getting the PS3.

Another "what game should I buy": Old Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, what should I buy? I got a GBA some months back and got all the good SEGA releases and now want to give the old Game Boy game support a try. Any ideas?

Offline George

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 04:52:52 pm »
The reason I got a 60gb PS3 via ebay was because Valkyria Chronicles was coming out aaaaand I did not want to deal with PS2's shitty hardware issues. Sorry, nothing pisses me off like high failure rates (Hi 360).

I paid, at the time, $350 shipped. At the time the consoles cost $399.99 for a 80gb. Not too bad, since I would have to spend 100 on a PS2, take that away and its 250 I spent for a bluray player and PS3.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 05:04:43 pm »
Good advice. My buying and completion of Yakuza 1&2 (and Shadow of Colossus) are "to-do's" before getting the PS3.

Another "what game should I buy": Old Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, what should I buy? I got a GBA some months back and got all the good SEGA releases and now want to give the old Game Boy game support a try. Any ideas?
Mario Bros DX, Super Mario Land, Tetris, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Metroid 2, Battletoads in Ragnarok World, Pokemon Gold, Mr. Nuts, Arkanoid, Dropzone, Crystal Quest, Amazing Spiderman, Crazy Castle, Lion King, Pokemon Pinball, Yars' Revenge, Tarzan, Tom and Jerry, Metal Gear Solid, Pole Position, MotoCross Maniacs

Off the top of my head these are the ones I can think about with which I had most fun..
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 08:16:24 pm »
I would recommend Shantae as it is the best game on the platform, but used it is over $100 now, so stick with emulation. There is too much shit on the original Game Boy, but the Game Boy Advance does indeed have a ton of really excellent games. Honestly it is one of my favorite platforms of all time. I could never make a list that would fit this page, so IM me about it some time instead.

The reason I got a 60gb PS3 via ebay was because Valkyria Chronicles was coming out aaaaand I did not want to deal with PS2's shitty hardware issues.

You forgot the part where I kept telling you to get a PlayStation 3 to play Yakuza 2 and then you bought a PlayStation 2 and it broke within hours. ;)

Offline George

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 10:53:37 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I would recommend Shantae as it is the best game on the platform, but used it is over $100 now, so stick with emulation. There is too much shit on the original Game Boy, but the Game Boy Advance does indeed have a ton of really excellent games. Honestly it is one of my favorite platforms of all time. I could never make a list that would fit this page, so IM me about it some time instead.

The reason I got a 60gb PS3 via ebay was because Valkyria Chronicles was coming out aaaaand I did not want to deal with PS2's shitty hardware issues.

You forgot the part where I kept telling you to get a PlayStation 3 to play Yakuza 2 and then you bought a PlayStation 2 and it broke within hours. ;)
That is why I bought it in September and not in October (when I would HAVE had money).

Basically, I bought Yakuza 2 and a NEW PS2. Played Yakuza 2 for 40 mins, came back, it was broken. Disc read issue. I took it back and got 100 for it. Then that is when I decided to stop this PS2 breaking cycle and just drop the cash for a PS3 60gb.

Also people like Sanus where whining that I should have gotten it to start with. Plan at first was to get a 40gb and a PS2. Glad I did not.

I had to sell my amp to afford it.  :x