Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 56787 times)

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
Re: Nintendo Switch revealed or something like that
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2016, 12:56:15 pm »
80% prediction that this thing will fail outright. I am so unimpressed by the reveal and concept that I have absolutely no hope for it.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2016, 01:59:03 pm »
To be fair Nintendo's got a marketable product at least this time. If there's something i've learned it's that good marketing is more important than a good product. I mean you can still sell an average product with good marketing. Not sure how good of a job they've done with the reveal but I guess we'll find out soon in how many it has reached and got interested. Reactions i've seen have been more positive than mine. I was quite unimpressed myself, but maybe that was because of all the leaks. The average person non hardcore gamer is a lot different than the average forum dweller.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2016, 02:18:36 pm »
Yay at a new 3D Mario game with his usual moves (tripple jump). Dying to see more of it...

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2016, 03:00:00 pm »
When I saw this trailer earlier today, I was surprised by it. Clearly adding portability to a home console is a good idea. And here I can understand how the Nintendo Switch*-blade* works in a much clear way. Definately making up for the Wii U debacle.

But the more I thought about it, the more problems it arose. And many people will probably have the same concerns as soon the adrenaline dies down.

- Battery life during portable mode;
- The danger of damaging or losing the console in tablet mode;
- The danger of losing and damaging the side controllers;
- Not sure if people will drag around a 6-7 inch tablet when you can play on your smartphone on the go;
- The console will probably be a beefed up Wii U specs-wise

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2016, 03:02:47 pm »
Just seen this and I had to laugh: "Bethesda are pleased to announce a partnership with Nintendo." When asked if Skyrim will appear on the NS like the trailer suggests...no comment.  ::)

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2016, 04:02:55 pm »
Well, Switch is probably going to sell better  solely on the merit that they announced it as a console and not as a controller.

The whole portable idea thing is all well and good but they're only going to make bank if they don't go retarded with the base price like the WiiU and if they fucking bring out the games.

Splatoon and New MArio already confirmed is a nice start. And that Publisher/Developer list is pretty fucking sweet - If Sega, Capcom, Platinum Games, From Software and more actually make decent games on the system, there's hope for this thing.

Skyrim, of all fucking things, being on the announcement trailer is hilarious, though. Fucking seriously?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2016, 03:28:40 am »
Nintendo has stated they are focusing it as a home console, not a portable.
This pretty much confirms it will be over 300.

rip
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2016, 10:42:14 am »
Ohh, that's a bit concerning. Nintendo's shares have dropped since the reveal, so it seems they're not too convinced either.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2016, 10:55:14 am »
I wrote up a little op-ed on the front page, check it out: http://segabits.com/blog/2016/10/21/opinion-what-the-nintendo-switch-means-for-sega/

Offline Tad

« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2016, 11:49:48 am »
Nice article :)

I agree it's nice to see devs being able to use the console without work arounds for the gimmicks. Haven't really touched on it yet, but I do think going back to cartridges is a good move. Less moving parts, the transfer rate will be quicker, more memory and they can squeeze more out of them if they really have understand the hardwarecand software for both.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2016, 04:45:12 pm »
Ohh, that's a bit concerning. Nintendo's shares have dropped since the reveal, so it seems they're not too convinced either.

They dropped after a retarded spike that made them a shit ton of money in under a day. No shit it went down, it's stabilization. They have 10 million views on the first day for the English trailer alone, that's the kind of shit that gives investors rock hard stiffies.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:48:28 pm by Phantasos »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2016, 04:53:15 am »
The concept is so obvious that I don't really consider it a clever idea really. Seems like any hardware company could have came up with it, which begs the question; why hasn't Sony done this? They could have done it a lot better justice too perhaps. Well I mean no quality nintendo on the go like experiences of course but still an idea that could sell better under Sony.

I just feel like this is the natural evolution of console gaming really, but I guess it being a tablet and such brings some sacrifices to power which the other 2 seem to put more emphasis on then Nintendo. Maybe that's the reason
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:40:27 am by CrazyT »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2016, 07:44:05 am »
I don't buy handheld consoles, there isn't much point when you live on an Island. And with a (rumoured) 3 hour battery life it wouldn't be very handy for travel either... So that selling point has no impact on me at all.

So my questions are: What kind of power are we talking about? Does the dock improve the power? Does the controller feel comfortable? What size games can those Game Carts hold? What other features does it have? What is the price?

At the moment I'm getting a 'jack of all trades master of none' feel and as someone who really isn't that crazy about many of Nintendos games, well, they would have to pull something amazing out of their hat to convince me this is worth owning.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2016, 11:25:13 am »
Didn't the PSP/Vita have a similar feature CrazyT?

As for power Sharky, seeing as the leaks were right, I'm guessing it's going to be a Tegra custom chip. Think the Nvida Shield with a bit more power. A slightly concerning thought has just occurred to me mind...seeing as Switch will be the only console and no handheld...if this flops, Nintendo could be in serious trouble. I mean, the wii u was bad, but at least they had a strong handheld that saw them through. This is literally all eggs in one basket.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2016, 12:02:39 pm »
I'm actually not sure. If im not mistaken not officially but through 3rd party designed cables? You also had to have the handhelds in your hands while connected to the cable to play I think. Basically they werent designed to be hybrids hence not very convenient to play that way.

I know Sony went into VR territory now but personally I would have rather seen them do another handheld but now they got their contents spread with VR so im guessing its unlikely we'll see it soon.