Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic  (Read 218485 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2011, 10:31:17 am »
But it is not what PSO was all about. It just looks like a shitty knockoff when it should be all about exploring with friends. More proof you just eat anything Sonic Team shits out regardless if they are respectful of the license or not.

Enjoy your shitty games that you align parallel in your basement.

Holy shit dude, calm down...

Well, first of all I find this whole accusation of me being some kind of Sonic Team fanboy absolutely laughable! Besides PSO Ver.1&2 on Gamecube and Puyo Pop Fever. I hadn't bought a single Sonic Team (or Sonic game) since the Dreamcast until Sonic Colours came out in 2010, that’s almost a decade! No not even the handheld Sonic games. So I don't know where that came from honestly! I bet you've slurped up a lot more of Sonic Teams shit in those 9 years than I have! =)

Also I have no idea where you get the idea that the sense of 'exploring with friends' will be lost, you'll still be exploring and you'll still be in a party. I don't see how keeping the exact same clunky and out dated combat of PSO would make it any more of an exploring game with friends...

Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:05 am »
But it is not what PSO was all about. It just looks like a shitty knockoff when it should be all about exploring with friends. More proof you just eat anything Sonic Team shits out regardless if they are respectful of the license or not.

Combat not central to PSO ? What PSO did you play ? 2 mins into landing of the Forest of Ragol  you had to use combat and fight . All PSO II is doing is building on everything PSO did so well, but on a much bigger and grander scale .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:20 am »
Holy shit dude, calm down...

I bet you even have green eyes!

Well, first of all I find this whole accusation of me being some kind of Sonic Team fanboy absolutely laughable!

Defending them at every beat on every topic regardless of the outcome is not enough? My main point is you do not even try to understand the complaints that other people have and just pinpoint only the weird ones and make a big deal out of those and tell everyone to shut up. It is getting extremely frustrating how binary your comments are now. At least people like Fluffy would say some different things from time to time.

Besides PSO Ver.1&2 on Gamecube and Puyo Pop Fever. I hadn't bought a single Sonic Team (or Sonic game) since the Dreamcast until Sonic Colours came out in 2010, that’s almost a decade! No not even the handheld Sonic games. So I don't know where that came from honestly! I bet you've slurped up a lot more of Sonic Teams shit in those 9 years than I have! =)

What does buying a product have anything to do with being a fanboy? Look at Shadi, he is one of the most extreme cases of a fanboy here and he barely buys shit on anything, and when he does it is just basic Sonic stuff usually.

The overuse of exclamation points also seems like I have hit a tone, Kogen does similar stuff when he acts like a child. I was not really making fun of you outside of the parallel basement comment, but that is more of a harmless jab, like the child stuff about me or the hench stuff with Joe.

Also I have no idea where you get the idea that the sense of 'exploring with friends' will be lost, you'll still be exploring and you'll still be in a party. I don't see how keeping the exact same clunky and out dated combat of PSO would make it any more of an exploring game with friends...

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about. I am not saying the old battle system was outdated (which I do think it is), I think the new one is just incredibly stupid and annoying looking. It works for a game like Bayonetta, but not this.

PSO was entirely about exploration and searching for treasures. The enemies were only a minor point and were usually just the things that got in your way, now the focus is completely different and it is now a monster of a game that only resembles PSO ascetically. It is really frustrating for me, and you always riding in to claim stuff and take shots at a large part of the community (not necessarily in the context of PSO2, but Sonic Team stuff in general) is not helping.

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:53 am »
Yeah, fighting enemies was a minor part of PSO, that's why the doors to the next areas were locked until you defeated the enemies in the area, there were big bosses in the end of each major zone, there were quests where you had to defeat enemies with a time limit (mop-up quests), or quests to defeat a large number of enemies in the end (endless nightmare quests). It was all about exploration, right?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2011, 11:08:12 am »
Yeah, fighting enemies was a minor part of PSO, that's why the doors to the next areas were locked until you defeated the enemies in the area, there were big bosses in the end of each major zone, there were quests where you had to defeat enemies with a time limit (mop-up quests), or quests to defeat a large number of enemies in the end (endless nightmare quests). It was all about exploration, right?

Yeah lol, Spot on Post .

Exploration > walk abound smash box, that was pretty much it as far as Exploration went in PSO
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2011, 11:12:15 am »
I am not going to argue it further. The whole point of the games was exploring unknown worlds looking for people (this is even the main story), not specifically hunting monsters. Obviously the bosses and optional quests are a different story, but my main point of the battle system looking like retarded generic garbage still stands.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2011, 11:13:22 am »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZ49RCTM

here's a link to download the video someone on PSOw kindly provided.  It looks quite good.  The combat is a little spammy and the character moves too slowly, but the music is gorgeous as are the environments.  If they tighten the combat they could have something pretty special on their hands. 

Offline Sharky

« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:14 am »
Defending them at every beat on every topic regardless of the outcome is not enough?
Did I like Sonic Colours? Yes!
Did I think Sonic 4 was an OK game with plenty of faults? yes!
Do I think Sonic Generations looks like an awesome game? yes!
Do I think PSO2 looks awesome? yes (So does everyone else posting here so far!)

I don't think I'm being unreasonable here, if anything you are trying to give me shit because I like things and you don't... Isn't that exactly what you were trying to accuse me of? Not letting people have their own opinions?

My main point is you do not even try to understand the complaints that other people have and just pinpoint only the weird ones and make a big deal out of those and tell everyone to shut up. It is getting extremely frustrating how binary your comments are now. At least people like Fluffy would say some different things from time to time.
I'm not telling anyone to shut up, doubt I've said that on this forum, ever. I find it funny that you're telling me my posts are the same over and over again but they are response posts to people complaining about the same thing, over and over again. So what do you expect!?

What does buying a product have anything to do with being a fanboy? Look at Shadi, he is one of the most extreme cases of a fanboy here and he barely buys shit on anything, and when he does it is just basic Sonic stuff usually.

The overuse of exclamation points also seems like I have hit a tone, Kogen does similar stuff when he acts like a child. I was not really making fun of you outside of the parallel basement comment, but that is more of a harmless jab, like the child stuff about me or the hench stuff with Joe.
I'm nothing like Shadi, I buy pretty much every game I'm very interested in.
As for exclamation points, I over use them at the best of times. Trust me I didn't even break a sweat.

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about. I am not saying the old battle system was outdated (which I do think it is), I think the new one is just incredibly stupid and annoying looking. It works for a game like Bayonetta, but not this.

PSO was entirely about exploration and searching for treasures. The enemies were only a minor point and were usually just the things that got in your way, now the focus is completely different and it is now a monster of a game that only resembles PSO ascetically. It is really frustrating for me, and you always riding in to claim stuff and take shots at a large part of the community (not necessarily in the context of PSO2, but Sonic Team stuff in general) is not helping.

Well I disagree, I've always felt that PSO was pretty much about teaming up and fighting monsters. After you have run each of the four levels in PSO there’s nothing left to explore. That isn't at all what made the game last 200 odd hours of game time for me. It was the community and the battling.

If anything PSO2 will have far, far more exploration considering the randomly generated levels, weather, enemies and interrupting quests!
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2011, 11:22:42 am »
The whole point of the games was exploring unknown worlds looking for people (this is even the main story), not specifically hunting monsters. Obviously the bosses and optional quests are a different story, but my main point of the battle system looking like retarded generic garbage still stands.

The Battle system was central to PSO . With out the Combat you couldn't move on the next area or Level up, also PSO is one of the most linear games you could wish to play. It was all about as a Team talking on enemies and fighting the big bosses 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:54 am »
I don't think I'm being unreasonable here, if anything you are trying to give me shit because I like things and you don't... Isn't that exactly what you were trying to accuse me of? Not letting people have their own opinions?

You were the one that responded to me with "CRYMOAR". I do not care how you feel about any games. I just hate it when someone says something mildly negative about Sonic Team stuff in general and you go out of your way to say how they are wrong or trolling. Like, you kept arguing with me about Iizuka stuff on MSN awhile ago thinking I was taking the piss out of him when I was just saying he is out of his element and wants to make other kinds of games.

Well I disagree, I've always felt that PSO was pretty much about teaming up and fighting monsters. After you have run each of the four levels in PSO there’s nothing left to explore. That isn't at all what made the game last 200 odd hours of game time for me. It was the community and the battling.

If anything PSO2 will have far, far more exploration considering the randomly generated levels, weather, enemies and interrupting quests!

Even if you felt this, it is easy to agree that the battle system is way different, more in line with something like the werehog or Devil May Cry than a normal beat em up like PSO was styled around. In that case I rather just play a game designed around that aspect, not one that shoehorned the style in.

You are also talking about replay value, which is different. Literally the point of PSO was exploring a bizarre world and finding a lost colony. The fact that you played 200+ hours after the main game is great, but it was an optional addition after you fully explored the world.

Also, how does weather, enemies and interrupting quests make PSO2 more exploration based? If anything it is making things more hectic. I am sure a lot of people appreciated the relaxed and sometimes heavenly nature of the original.

The Battle system was central to PSO . With out the Combat you couldn't move on the next area or Level up, also PSO is one of the most linear games you could wish to play. It was all about as a Team talking on enemies and fighting the big bosses 

The game is an RPG, you level up. I get it. It was a core element of the game, but not the main focus.

Look at I dunno... All the trailers that exist of the first game and you will see most focus entirely on entering an unknown world. There is fighting, sure, but if you compare it to the trailers for PSO2, it is obvious the focus on PSO2 is just so much larger than ever before. I assumed that was just a marketing point, not the main point of the game.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2011, 12:00:58 pm »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZ49RCTM

here's a link to download the video someone on PSOw kindly provided.  It looks quite good.  The combat is a little spammy and the character moves too slowly, but the music is gorgeous as are the environments.  If they tighten the combat they could have something pretty special on their hands. 

Awesome, thanks!
I think the game looks great over all... Honestly this is the kind of combat I was hoping for so... Unlucky if you dont like it!

Three gripes really,
First is the over use of the dodge to move quickly, I actually think they should put in a sprint button! I suspect this will be dealt with rather quickly!

Second is the enemies not being aggressive enough, they seem almost passive barely attacking. I'm not sure if this will be dealt with, but I suspect it's likely.

Third, this game could have seriously benefited from some bump mapping... I know they want it for everybody but people with poor computers can turned down graphics, what about those who have an awesome computer? Why can't we turn them up?! This probably wont change, but I can live with it.
Made by SEGA

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2011, 12:14:03 pm »
About the enemies not being aggressive, I'm guessing that they will be more aggressive in later areas or higher difficulties (that is...if PSO2 will have higher difficulties).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2011, 12:23:23 pm »
I never thought of the original PSO as a game of exploring unknown worlds, at least not after playing through all the areas once. After that, it was the same ol' maps and just stronger enemies. What made the experience feel fresh each time was the people you were with and the weapons you used. I remember after level 25 I was on auto pilot when running through areas. We knew the place so well, we'd just run towards the door we knew would unlock and would use long range weapons to take out enemies until the door unlocked.

So I was very excited to hear that PSO2 will feature randomized maps. It's just a shame, as I've said enough already, that PSO2 does not share the "shared world experience" and "breaking down language barriers" message of the first game.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2011, 12:33:36 pm »
Im really excited for PSO2, watched the subbed conference a few days ago. I wanna see someone playing a force. Melee combat isn't my favorite one, but it still looked fun.

Anyways, Sanus, stop dragging me into your arguments trying to make a point >_> I'd buy more then i do if.. actually, no, not even gonna bring it up, knowing everyone here you'll just find ways to make fun of me.

I don't even have a computer that's capable of running PSO2 at the moment, does that mean I'm just a fanboy and not a fan that's truly excited for it? If I had the resources I'd be building one right now. XD like i did for PSU.. ah wow.. lol, I had to lie to myself that was enjoying that game but eventually just got really bored of it.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2011, 12:44:06 pm »
I XD like i did for PSU.. ah wow.. lol, I had to lie to myself that was enjoying that game but eventually just got really bored of it.

As did we all. . .
Honestly this is the kind of combat I was hoping for so... Unlucky if you dont like it!

I'll admit I was hoping for something weightier and more precise.  Im not looking forward to combat being people just rolling around enemies constantly.  It doesn't look as sloppy as I was expecting though, which is great.  I would like the enemies to put up more of a fight too.  There didn't seem to be any knock back the few times the player got hit either.