Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 114335 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2021, 08:59:49 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) - "Red Quill or Blue Quill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qRuGm2E_I

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2021, 09:10:43 pm »
Themes from Sonic 2 (and Sonic 1) aren't belong to SEGA.
They're belong to Dreams Come True and they'll need someone in Japan at least to contact them from royalties and such and it'll take time (and more budget).
I think they just want the easy way.
Sega don't own their own songs?
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) - "Red Quill or Blue Quill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qRuGm2E_I
Can you imagine if Matrix started today? I bet that would knock Squid Games from YouTubes algorithm with some quality content.

Offline Berto

« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2021, 08:39:06 pm »
Sega don't own their own songs?

Yes for some games.
Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 1-3, Sonic 3 (some of them), Crazy Taxi (some of them), Jet Set Radio (some of them).

Remember when Sonic the Hedgehog’s official twitter account made a video meme of 'You cheated not only the game, but yourself'?
They didn't use song from Marble Zone for that video eventough the stage was Marble Zone.

Can you imagine if Matrix started today? I bet that would knock Squid Games from YouTubes algorithm with some quality content.

Well it might be true but sometimes... Internet is kinda weird. There were always quality contents that somehow couldn't be popular.

Offline Berto

« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2021, 12:02:17 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K Bonus Stage Edition Steelbook releasing in time for the sequel

Paramount and SEGA’s 2020 Sonic the Hedgehog will be seeing a 4K + Blu-Ray + Digital re-release to coincide with the upcoming sequel.
Dubbed the Bonus Stage Edition, the boxed set will include the previously released comic book, as well as mini posters, what appears to be a collector card, and an outer box and a mini CD sized Steelbook case. The set will ....

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/12/23/sonic-the-hedgehog-4k-bonus-stage-edition-steelbook-releasing-in-time-for-the-sequel/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2021, 12:32:02 pm »
Yes for some games.
Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 1-3, Sonic 3 (some of them), Crazy Taxi (some of them), Jet Set Radio (some of them).

Remember when Sonic the Hedgehog’s official twitter account made a video meme of 'You cheated not only the game, but yourself'?
They didn't use song from Marble Zone for that video eventough the stage was Marble Zone.
That's kinda sad given how iconic most of those songs are. Can't Sega reclaim ownership of them?

Offline Berto

« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2021, 07:23:54 pm »
That's kinda sad given how iconic most of those songs are. Can't Sega reclaim ownership of them?

I don't think Dreams Come True want to give the ownership of Sonic 1-2 songs.
I meant ... those are their best works... the most remembered ones.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2021, 11:18:42 pm »
I don't think Dreams Come True want to give the ownership of Sonic 1-2 songs.
I meant ... those are their best works... the most remembered ones.

So did Sega commission DCT at the time when they made Sonic 1 or did Sonic Team compose the music and the rights ended up with DCT. Because I don't see why DCT can't share rights with Sonic Team given it's the games that made the songs so popular.

Offline Berto

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2021, 12:10:10 am »
So did Sega commission DCT at the time when they made Sonic 1 or did Sonic Team compose the music and the rights ended up with DCT. Because I don't see why DCT can't share rights with Sonic Team given it's the games that made the songs so popular.

There was no what we called now "Sonic Team" back then,
even Naoto and Naka couldn't get their names on the game.
Mega Drive wasn't that big in Japan so they decided they need a band to promote Sonic and the band is DCT.
Sonic was revealed for the first time by being painted on the side of DCT's tour bus.
And turned out not just promote, but also to make songs for Sonic 1.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2021, 09:43:08 am »
There was no what we called now "Sonic Team" back then,
even Naoto and Naka couldn't get their names on the game.
Mega Drive wasn't that big in Japan so they decided they need a band to promote Sonic and the band is DCT.
Sonic was revealed for the first time by being painted on the side of DCT's tour bus.
And turned out not just promote, but also to make songs for Sonic 1.
Well I hope SOnic Team can re-earn those rights someday.

Offline Berto

« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2022, 12:29:58 am »
Ben Schwartz teases Colleen O'Shaughnessey's & Idris Elba's "awesome" performance

"We've got Colleen O'Shaughnessey, who was from the video game and played Tails, she plays Tails, Idris Elba's Knuckles, they're both awesome in it and they look awesome. Jim Carrey is incredible in it," he continued.
He then added: "Incredible guest stars. Natasha Rothwell, who's a powerhouse of a comedian, Adam Pally, who worked with (The Afterparty co-star) Sam (Richardson) and who's worked with me before, is in it and incredibly funny in it."

Article : https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a38796439/sonic-the-hedgehog-ben-schwartz-idris-elba/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2022, 11:55:29 am »
Ben Schwartz teases Colleen O'Shaughnessey's & Idris Elba's "awesome" performance

Article : https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a38796439/sonic-the-hedgehog-ben-schwartz-idris-elba/
Kinda funny Tails was the only movie character to have their game character voice their role. Like I know Tails debuted at the mid-credit teaser and all but you'd think they'd select someone in advance.

Offline Berto

« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2022, 07:01:57 pm »
Kinda funny Tails was the only movie character to have their game character voice their role. Like I know Tails debuted at the mid-credit teaser and all but you'd think they'd select someone in advance.

May be there's a casting too for Tails, but the director didn't get the desired results.

Offline Berto

« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2022, 07:51:41 pm »
Rumor: Judgment TV Show in the works starring Takuya Kimura

According to Japanese website Nikkan Gendai, who has pushed the rumor that Japanese Network TV Asahi is in talks with Takuya Kimura to star as his video game character Takayuki Yagami for a real life Judgment TV series.
The Japanese network had tried to get Takuya Kimura back for another season of the popular BG: Personal Bodyguard but refused, saying he wanted to do something new.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/01/18/rumor-judgment-tv-show-in-the-works-starring-takuya-kimura/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2022, 10:33:45 pm »
May be there's a casting too for Tails, but the director didn't get the desired results.
True. Not confirmed or denied.
Rumor: Judgment TV Show in the works starring Takuya Kimura

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/01/18/rumor-judgment-tv-show-in-the-works-starring-takuya-kimura/
I doubt it be part of a SCU but I wish Sega would let us know if there is any plans for one or if Yakuza will be part of it with their upcoming movie.

Offline Berto

« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2022, 10:54:43 pm »
I doubt it be part of a SCU but I wish Sega would let us know if there is any plans for one or if Yakuza will be part of it with their upcoming movie.

Since This Judgment TV series is made by Japan while the upcoming Yakuza movie would be made by western and Sonic 1-2 made by western but from different production house, it's hard to connect or use cameos from each others.