Author Topic: SEGA Mexico confirms two sequels...  (Read 10801 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: SEGA Mexico confirms two sequels...
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 09:50:59 am »
A Sonic Team IP crossover is literally the worst idea I ever heard for anything ever. -1 $karma point, you horrible, horrible man, you.

We are trying to fix SEGA's image, not make their cancerous tumor of a development studio more relevant. People already see NiGHTS as one of SEGA's mascots, the last thing we need is normal people thinking SEGA's biggest games of all time all have one release each.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 11:28:00 am »
lol, chill out Sanus.

I was just saying that if they are open to tossing in loads of Sonic characters in the storybook games, why not do what the Riders series did and add in a few non-Sonic characters from Sonic Team IPs. Nothing crazy. Just cameos and maybe unlockable characters. I'd take Amigo or NiGHTS over Shadow or Silver.

I swear, you could match Gordon Ramsay in overly exaggerating. "This is the worst chicken I've ever eaten in my entire life evah! *vomits*"

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 01:31:07 pm »
It woudn't really suprise if there were some crazy crossover tough. But would it be really so bad....a well done one would be better for reputation of SEGA than another Storybook game in the vein of the games before.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 01:57:50 pm »
lol, chill out Sanus.

I was just saying that if they are open to tossing in loads of Sonic characters in the storybook games, why not do what the Riders series did and add in a few non-Sonic characters from Sonic Team IPs. Nothing crazy. Just cameos and maybe unlockable characters. I'd take Amigo or NiGHTS over Shadow or Silver.

I swear, you could match Gordon Ramsay in overly exaggerating. "This is the worst chicken I've ever eaten in my entire life evah! *vomits*"

I really would just prefer it was a mix of all kinds of SEGA characters. Honestly, Sonic Team has some of the weakest because they are all fairly similar. Characters like Knuckles, Reala now are way way lamer than they were years ago, too.

And besides, Sonic Team would choose stuff like Adam Weber, Pudding and Silver.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 02:15:50 pm »
I think mixing all kinds of General SEGA IP's would be worse. Even if Sonic Team's Franchises are quite similar and a bit lame, at least they fit next to each other.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 02:27:19 pm »
If Burning Rangers, Phantasy Star or Space Channel 5 fits with one another, then anything from Shinobi, The House of the Dead, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Panzer Dragoon, Super Monkey Ball, Ecco the Dolphin, Virtua Fighter, Yakuza or even Virtual-On and tons more can work.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 02:41:23 pm »
For a SEGA collabration sure,but not in a straight up Sonic game IMO

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 02:51:15 pm »
I like the idea of a Sonic game where he goes to other SEGA worlds, but at the end of the day I would just prefer normal Sonic stuff. Even in games like Sonic Adventure I liked how they mentioned NiGHTS stuff, but they could have had tons of other stuff from stuff they did not specifically make.

I am just not against a spinoff trying new stuff at least. Regardless of how it turned out, I really like almost all of the ideas behind Black Knight. Sonic Team is known for making bad stories, so I think if they have help from an established good one it is pretty cool. Black Knight IMHO has one of the best stories in a Sonic game in a long time, the ending actually shocked me. SHOCKED!

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 10:00:01 pm »
Regardless of how it turned out, I really like almost all of the ideas behind Black Knight. Sonic Team is known for making bad stories, so I think if they have help from an established good one it is pretty cool. Black Knight IMHO has one of the best stories in a Sonic game in a long time

Mommy and daddy always told me to respect the opinions of others but goddamn. 

Adam Weber

I stared at this for a long time before realizing you meant Ethan Webber.  Regardless, yeah, he's a pretty unremarkable/terrible character. 

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 05:29:49 am »
Sonic and the Black Knight seems like a terrible concept; both the gameplay and the story. In fact, any 'story book' game is awful just based on that idea alone. The games should be accessible to children, not focused exclusively on them (unless it is a Leapfrog game or some other garbage like that).

Regardless of this, I do not think the SEGA of Mexico fellow even knew what he was talking about. I mean really, Sonic Adventure 3 on DS? How did that answer even relate to the question someone asked him? (They inquired about a Tails game.) Furthermore, why would anything be on DS now?

It just seems like he was blabbering nonsense.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 05:54:09 am »
Altough I think Secret Rings was never ment exclusively to be for kiddies persey

Black Knight was just filler that they never put any effort in, so they just made the excuse that it's for Kids.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 11:46:42 am »

Black Knight IMHO has one of the best stories in a Sonic game in a long time, the ending actually shocked me. SHOCKED!

I agree. I also really enjoyed the story of Sonic and the Black Knight. :)
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 12:34:51 pm »
I am not sure I understand what people are getting at. I am not saying Black Knight is a good game, just that it has elements that are good. Stuff like optional different playable characters, signposts at the end of levels, music by Tommy Tallarico and Richard Jaques, references to earlier games (stuff like Unleashed, Colors and many other newer games rarely if ever do this stuff) and much less focus on dashpads are all very good ones.

The story is kiddy of course, but it is just such a massive, massive step up from stuff like Chip turning into Voltron, Shadow LITERALLY killing Robotnik, Sonic LITERALLY killing God or another monster overthrowing Robotnik. The twist at the end of Black Knight is something that has never happened in the series before. I cannot see how it did not surprise some of you.

seems like a terrible concept

huh

Offline Trippled

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »
I am not sure I understand what people are getting at. I am not saying Black Knight is a good game, just that it has elements that are good. Stuff like optional different playable characters, signposts at the end of levels, music by Tommy Tallarico and Richard Jaques, references to earlier games (stuff like Unleashed, Colors and many other newer games rarely if ever do this stuff) and much less focus on dashpads are all very good ones.

I doubt that the Signpost were intentional.

I see the fanservice as an attempt to make the game seem less repulsive...

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 06:46:54 am »
Please don't be Sega All Star Fighting, Please don't be Sega All Star Fighting...

EDIT: Actually, that's really harsh. I wouldn't mind a fighting game if it was done well, but I'm guessing if they did it would be Super Smash Bros: Featuring SOnic and Pals.
Which is the not something I would give two fucks about.

The last i heard it was to tie in with the Olympics. Even told Shark about it but that was years ago, i dunno if that's the case now.