Author Topic: Operation Rainfall wants you to vote on which game SEGA should localize  (Read 9375 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
I don't get the hate for portable games here at all. Yakuza 5 is probably being localised as we speak (if you got 4 games, including the spin-off it means that it's doing well).

Yakuza 1, 2, 3, 4 and Dead Souls are no where near the length of Yakuza 5. Yakuza 5 is about Yakuza 2 and 3 combined in terms of content and the story is 30 hours alone.

So I doubt its a foregone conclusion, especially as SEGA Europe's president specifically said the game is too expensive to localise.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Wow, I guess word of mouth caught on with the poll because Yakuza 5 skyrocketed to first place on that list.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Yes, Yakuza coming back in force!

As if this poll makes any difference... :(

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Yakuza 1, 2, 3, 4 and Dead Souls are no where near the length of Yakuza 5. Yakuza 5 is about Yakuza 2 and 3 combined in terms of content and the story is 30 hours alone.

So I doubt its a foregone conclusion, especially as SEGA Europe's president specifically said the game is too expensive to localise.

I thought Yakuza was pretty long anyway? I guess not.

Depends how much dialogue to story missions there are though. Given that SEGA have a set fanbase that will buy Yakuza no matter what, they'll have to do the maths to see whether it's worth it, and tell the fans whether it's possible to do or not.

In comparison, Valkyria Chronicles 3 has a lot of talking and text as well, probably longer than the first game even, given that you have 20 Chapters plus a few side missions to boot.

In my personal opinion, I think Yakuza sells well enough to warrant a text localisation for SEGA, but Valkyria Chronicles probably wouldn't despite the PSP being the easier way to make a profit, since the PSP doesn't make enough sales and is irrelevant vs the PS3.

Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
I thought Yakuza was pretty long anyway? I guess not.

Yakuza IS long. However, Yakuza 5 is twice the length of the longest title in the franchises history. That should tell you just how much content there is in this game, it really is a ridiculous amount.